Dark Souls Series

CROSS-Out

3015145-darksouls3_e32015_20150616_v1.jp

So this game comes out on tuesday and PS4 just started pre-loading it for pre-orders. I dunno about you guys but i'm excited as all hell, it takes the best stuff from each previous game (Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, and Bloodborne) and puts it in a melting pot of awesomeness.

A couple lets players (TearOfGrace being one I recommend) got an early copy and have shown off some of the game and it looks awesome.. and brutal, horribly, horrendously, rage-inducingly brutal.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that DS3 seems to use bloodbornes colorful but eerie aesthetic, but with DS gameplay. Bloodborne may have been creepy af, but it was beautiful.

On that note, what's everyones first build gonna be?

My copy should arrive tomorrow. I would like to play it in the same style as Bloodborne but it seems like it won't be possible. I've heard the combat is slower than Bloodborne but faster than the rest of the Souls series. I loved Bloodborne but couldn't really get into the other games.

I'm taking a gamble on getting used to the combat which I know I will and hopefully enjoying it because my main reason for playing is the level design and exploration.

My copy should arrive tomorrow. I would like to play it in the same style as Bloodborne but it seems like it won't be possible. I've heard the combat is slower than Bloodborne but faster than the rest of the Souls series. I loved Bloodborne but couldn't really get into the other games.

I'm taking a gamble on getting used to the combat which I know I will and hopefully enjoying it because my main reason for playing is the level design and exploration.

Use dex weapons, they'll be closest to bloodborne combat. The big hurdle for you will be getting used to having a roll full time instead of a dodge, since in DS you get shields whereas you didn't really get them in Bloodborne.

Just a heads up guys (no one has done it yet, just asking in case) please don't post any spoilers or details on the bosses until a couple hours after official release. We DS fans do so love to be surprised after all. :D

Okay, so, I've played a shit ton yesterday (like, literally, upwards of five hours. Probably scratching on ten already) because I had off and I got it early in the day, and my first impression is is that it's absolutely fantastic. I've defeated four bosses, and one of them alone took me like two hours(???)

I refused to summon or look up help because the first time I wanted to do it on my own, but I feel I might've been underleveled or just had a tougher time 'cause of my build, cause afterwards I went to youtube and saw someone defeat it with pyromancy (and more estuses, too) relatively easy, so... yeah. Guess it's just difficult for low-levely pure-melee builds.

In any case, it looks and sounds and feels amazing. The difficulty is high, I feel higher than on the previous two DS games, but it still doesn't feel fair. The music and sound is amazing. The enemy design, while occassionally recycled and tweaked, is overall amazing and especially offensively the attacks are super creative and varried. The NPCs are a wonderful bunch so far, old and new alike. And, lastly, the weapon arts are just a cool feature and a great idea. Especially the fact melee characters can make you use of the attunement bar. Such a good idea.

Overall, so far, I'm delighted. It took all the best features of the prevous games and mashed it together AND IT WORKS!

I believe i've found my first phantom nemesis in the game. Look out for a (game, not real player) invader named Holy Knight Hodrick, he's quite a prick.

Near the very beginning of the game. One of the paths with a message on the floor which I believe said 'Turn back'.

That ice beast got stuck up in the rocks round the perimeter. I couldn't get it to to free it's self but after a short period it just disappeared and it seemed like I got the souls for killing it. I feel robbed of a fight.

There's a boss called (this doesn't spoiler anything, really) Sulyvahn, and, in my personal opinion, this is the hardest boss of the Souls series so far. Granted, I always do every boss by myself in the first playthrough, so I might change my opinion once I played them all with summons, but Jesus...

Someone report back to me once they killed him and tell their experience. Also maybe compare levels. I was 50 when I got him.

Those two guys outside Farron Keep, holy shit, not super difficult on their own, but I got invaded in the middle of the fight, so I ended up fighting three player-like enemies at once, with one of them lagging like mad.

That's tough. I killed them each individually, and that wasn't too hard, but if you aggro both of them AND have a player? Good luck. On a similar note, I just had two invaders, one red, one blue (but the blue one was hostile too???) and BARELY killed them both. I felt like a boss. I still get spanked in PVP, usually, so that was good for the ego. :lol:

Also have my character in all her infinite glory:

toS7Mpv.jpg

I've been quite unlucky with armor drops so far, i'm still mostly using the starting equipment for the knight (their sword is really good though luckily)

Archived