Former AJPW Triple Crown Champ Joe Doering has Brian Cancer.

Joe-Doering_zpsipxen0wq.jpg

Credit: http://www.pwinsider.com/article/100934/all-japan-star-diagnosed-with-brain-cancer.html?p=1 and Puro Spirit

It has been announced that Joe Doering will miss the upcoming "Champion Carnival" due to undergoing surgery after being diagnosed with a Stage 3 brain tumor. He was originally diagnosed with the illness back in late February and underwent a successful surgery earlier this month to remove the tumor.

Doering was scheduled to compete in All Japan Pro-Wrestling's upcoming Champion Carnival, which is set to begin on April 9, but of course plans will surely have to be changed before then. This was to be Doering's return to the promotion after being out of Japan since July of last year after undergoing surgery on his left knee.

All Japan has yet to address this news or announce any sort of replacement for the league at this time. I will post any and all updates when they are released.

Get well Joe

Damn, he used to be my favorite member of the VooDoo Murderer's .Remember hearing about him becoming Triple Crown Champion and being really excited to catch some AJPW stuff again. I hope he pulls through this, brain cancer is no joke. Crazy how he was actually scheduled for a come back. The brain tumors absolutely killed Matt Cappotelli's career in professional wrestling.

Archived