Red Dead Redemption 2

Bronson

What is it with this forum and semantics?

Also, why are we saying this is a prequel when we've only seen a red Rockstar logo and a picture with a gang on it? Did I miss somewhere where they explained what the story was going to be? To my knowledge, the trailer comes out tomorrow, and we've yet to see anything else...

Edited by Generations

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, why are we saying this is a prequel when we've only seen a red Rockstar logo and a picture with a gang on it? Did I miss somewhere where they explained what the story was going to be? To my knowledge, the trailer comes out tomorrow, and we've yet to see anything else...

The map that was leaked a while ago didn't have the railway so people are assuming it's a prequel.

There was mentions in the last game which for,me consider it in the same universe so same chronological order

Should Watch_Dogs be called Assassins Creed 5 then? That logic is silly.

The map that was leaked a while ago didn't have the railway so people are assuming it's a prequel.

That and RDR ends at practically the end of the old west, it'd be pretty hard to do a sequel that keeps going forward in time from that.

+ that gang you're seeing is John Marstons old gang from the look of it.

I'm not claiming to know what this game is about. I'm going by a lot of people saying this is about Dutch's gang therefor prequel. I'm not stating I know for sure, because I don't. I'm also not "arguing semantics" I'm just explaining that something being called "2" doesn't necessarily mean a sequel. I've taken several courses to do with creating a novel and literature, in a lot of them part of the curriculum is learning about writing a series of books and the different ways you can do it. This of course applies to movies and games etc too.

Also yeah, the last game ended at the end of the timeline of the Old West.

There was mentions in the last game which for,me consider it in the same universe so same chronological order

Something being in the same universe doesn't mean chronological order. Or do you not know what chronological means?

Edited by Creep.

^ Still a year away. Watch them change that at the last minute, because Sony isn't cooperating. :lol:

Anyway, the game really does look brilliant. The lighting and shadows...just stunning. Two scenes really stick out to me...1) the canoe cutting through the morning fog. 2) The campfire illuminating the trees.

Edited by Generations

• 7 months later...

Red Dead Redemption 2 Delayed into Spring 2018, But Here's Some Screens

Rockstar Games has announced that Red Dead Redemption 2 will now be galloping onto Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in spring 2018, rather than the originally planned release window of late 2017. However, it's not all bad news, as the delay announcement brings with it new screenshots. Hooray. Sort of.

The "outlaw epic set across the vast and unforgiving American heartland" has been pushed back to ensure that Rockstar has the "extra time necessary to ensure that we can deliver the best experience possible for our fans," the studio says.

"We are very sorry for any disappointment this delay causes, but we are firm believers in delivering a game only when it is ready," Rockstar adds. "We are really excited to bring you more details about the game this summer. In the meantime, please enjoy this selection of new screenshots from the world of Red Dead Redemption 2."

Aaaand here they are. Check out the new screenshots below. Red Dead Redemption 2 hits Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in spring 2018.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-27070-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Delayed-into-Spring-2018--But-Here-s-Some-Screens.html