Red Dead Redemption 2

Bronson

This game is so much more frustrating than RDR 1 ever was. At least when it comes to completing the missions it is damn frustrating, and there is so many of them where you have to take a wagon from one place to the other. I've literally failed missions in the stupidest of ways that never in a million tries happen in a normal non-mission playthrough. For example when trying to run away from someone my horse will just trip and die and I get shot up, or I crash the wagon when I'm almost at the point I'm supposed to take it, and the most recent one setting myself on fire while trying to set the cornfields on fire. I really hate it how you have to start the mission all over, there is no midpoint saves. I think I've wasted probably a good five hours on missions that I just end up dying on.

Not to be rude but this paragraph is something else.

Stay on the road, I've never once crashed a wagon tbh. I never killed my horse through the whole game. As far as the cornfields...you're suppose to throw the bottle much further than where you are....

There is midpoint saves in mission....look at the bottom of the screen. It's A for midpoint, X for restarting whole missions (xbox one)

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never found this game to be hard at all. I mean...I died a few times. Usually as a result of not realizing that my dead-eye was empty and walking straight into a shootout as such. But, yeah...the game always seemed straight forward to me. I failed to get gold medals on most missions...but I easily completed them all. Never got stuck on anything...that's for sure.

Also, about horses...they teach you the command to slow the horse for a reason. I spend a lot of time saying "whoa" "easy girl" when I'm riding. You need to use that shit on steep inclines, sharp turns, in towns...etc. Sometimes when it comes to the wagons, you get screwed by NPCs who crash into you...but that was my only complaint on that.

Oh...and I once rode right off the side of a cliff while I was hunting for the dreamcatchers or something. It was one of the collectibles, and I got overzealous. I mean...it was a pretty extreme leap. I fell really bad. My horse died (I revived it), and my health was almost empty. Shit was nuts. I just flew right over the edge. :lol: But I only did that once, and it was because I was rushing to complete shit. Lol. If you ride at a reasonable speed (not mach 5) your horse will usually rear up right at the edge of a bad fall and not fly over it. You can really only fall bad and die when you are going faster than you ought to be.

Edited by Generations

I think I've wasted probably a good five hours on missions that I just end up dying on.

Sounds to me like you're rushing yourself through the missions that you're struggling with...

I think the problem might also lie in the fact I never use dead eye. I never used it in RD1 but in this one I may need it. I just died in another wagon mission, the one with Lenny and the wagon full of explosives. I somehow got shot and fell off the wagon then while I was gonna get back on the wagon exploded, all in a matter of seconds. If I had used dead eye I could have killed the 2 guys that did that to us.

I think the problem might also lie in the fact I never use dead eye. I never used it in RD1 but in this one I may need it.

Yeah... not using Dead Eye can be a major PITA, unless you're into handicapping yourself. Don't think I would've ever finished RDR1 without using Dead Eye. It's just as satisfying as it is practical.

This game is so much more frustrating than RDR 1 ever was. At least when it comes to completing the missions it is damn frustrating, and there is so many of them where you have to take a wagon from one place to the other. I've literally failed missions in the stupidest of ways that never in a million tries happen in a normal non-mission playthrough. For example when trying to run away from someone my horse will just trip and die and I get shot up, or I crash the wagon when I'm almost at the point I'm supposed to take it, and the most recent one setting myself on fire while trying to set the cornfields on fire. I really hate it how you have to start the mission all over, there is no midpoint saves. I think I've wasted probably a good five hours on missions that I just end up dying on.

I just read this.

:lol:

Edited by Paulie Walnuts

Is it really that funny? All I'm saying is I'm not dominating in this game like I did in RDR1. Also there seem to be way more people after you here than there ever were in the first game. Between the O'Driscols and bounty hunters coming after you seems like you can't rest without being gunned down. I could pay my bounty to get them off my case but I'd rather spend that shit on a new horse saddle or a new pair of pants.

^ Dude...is your health core empty or something? Are you wearing inappropriate clothing for the weather? Are you making your character eat to replenish the health core? You can have "full" health and still die really easily if your core is empty. I just...don't remember having so much trouble with being "gunned down" as you are claiming. :lol: If you keep your cores full, you should be able to survive even the biggest of surprise attacks pretty handedly.

Edited by Generations

I wear a warm coat everywhere because it looks badass, plus he's underweight now that I think about it. Maybe that's why my health drains so fast during gun fights. All this shit wasn't in the first game. RD2 feels more like an RPG with all the crafting options and buying and selling shit and having to wear the right clothes and eating the right foods.

Aww, be nice.

The cores sheeit was confusing me a bit at first, it wasnt making alot of sense to me but I realized how quickly that side bar would drain and knew something wasn't right. Having your cores straight is night and day, it truly is.

I don't really use deadeye in fights myself to be honest unless I'm on horseback or hunting. If I'm somewhere where I can be in cover, I'll leave it. Even though I usually have so many provisions I could have unlimited deadeye in any situation, I just don't use it. I'd like to use it more but I dont feel like I'm doing it effectively so when I get to a point where I try to depend on it, it's gone in a flash and I get screwed. I've just gotta get better with it

The most problems I've had so far which resulted in the most deaths is the quick draws. I always mess those up nd same thing in RDR1. Dunno what it is

I dont use deadeye either. Funny cause I literally used it all the time in RDR1 and Red Dead Revolver, which had a form of it.

Is it really that funny? All I'm saying is I'm not dominating in this game like I did in RDR1. Also there seem to be way more people after you here than there ever were in the first game. Between the O'Driscols and bounty hunters coming after you seems like you can't rest without being gunned down. I could pay my bounty to get them off my case but I'd rather spend that shit on a new horse saddle or a new pair of pants.

Yes because using deadeye or not, the game is not that difficult.

I'm at just exactly 50% through the story. I'm kinda starting to hate Dutch for all the shit he is putting Arthur and the rest through though I already hated him from RDR1. Also I figured out Arthur's fate early on in the story after completing one particular mission which makes grinding to the end all that sadder. And lastly I'm starting to understand why John was put in the position he was in the first RDR game after getting to the halfway point, it's at this point in the story that I begin to see where he and the rest of the gang have to go their separate ways. Mods can spoiler tag this if I'm talking too much but I haven't said anything that was already known around here.

Holy crap. I've been playing this game since the final push at Guarma to rescue Javier and I haven't been able to save my game. If the power goes out I might lose like 2 hours of gameplay. Who decided this was a good idea?