Red Dead Redemption 2

Bronson

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone think there is any truth to the rumors that this game is eventually getting ported to the PC?

I don't see them making a game that ambitious and not taking full advantage of the offerings, much like GTA V. It might take its sweet time coming out but it will come

Does anyone think there is any truth to the rumors that this game is eventually getting ported to the PC?

I don't see them making a game that ambitious and not taking full advantage of the offerings, much like GTA V. It might take its sweet time coming out but it will come

Then I guess I will have to take my sweet time waiting for it. I'll probably rent it for the XB1 just to wet my appetite for it.

This game has a way of not really letting me do what I want. :lol:

Every time I plan on doing something, it randomly throws me into some mission that I didn't even agree to. Like...I was literally just about to rest at camp and then find a fence to sell some items. I ride into camp, and there's an argument between two characters...and then I was just thrown into a "go into town and get supplies" mission.

You don't unlock a fence until a certain mission (idk how far you are in the missions lol)

But yeah there's a lot of things like random encounters and side quests that sometimes distract me from what I'm trying to do :lol: I don't hate it though

zombies are getting thrown in almost every game now and its getting old. zombies are such a cliché. it used to be the odd game and you're like "ah cool, zombies". now its like, "uuuuggggghhhhh :rolleyes::facepalm: , can we be done with shit already".

You don't unlock a fence until a certain mission (idk how far you are in the missions lol)

But yeah there's a lot of things like random encounters and side quests that sometimes distract me from what I'm trying to do :lol: I don't hate it though

I have fences unlocked.

Lack of fences wasn't the problem...being thrown into a random mission was. Lol.

And just to reiterate...this wasn't a "random encounter". It wasn't something I could ignore. It was a full story mission that I did not accept. The game just said "you're doing this now...*Censored* what you had in mind". Not really a fan of that...especially when the game autosaves everything. If I had been forced on that mission without preparation, and something went wrong, I would have had to keep playing with the repercussions. Not to mention, the time consumption of playing through an entire story mission when I wasn't planning on it. I had basically planned out what I was going to do for 20 more minutes, and then I was going to save and quit. But that all went out the window.

Again...it's not a huge issue. It certainly doesn't "ruin" the game for me or anything. I'm just not a fan of it. Let me choose when I want to do story missions. No exceptions.

Edited by Generations

zombies are getting thrown in almost every game now and its getting old. zombies are such a cliché. it used to be the odd game and you're like "ah cool, zombies". now its like, "uuuuggggghhhhh :rolleyes::facepalm: , can we be done with shit already".

Same thing I was thinking earlier, only more detailed. XD

Sad thing is, industry clichés exist because idiots buy them up. If statistics show that people still want zombies...then games will keep adding them in. With that said, Rockstar would assuredly do it right. They have the legacy of Undead Nightmare to live up to...and they wouldn't put out some half-cocked zombie garbage.

However, I find it depressingly likely that RDR2 won't have any single player DLC at all. GTA5 pretty much crushed my hopes of Rockstar giving us story expansions ever again. They have a business model now, which directly siphons money from their online mode...and they aren't going to change what works.

Closing thought - The setting of RDR2 would lend itself much better to plenty of other supernatural angles. Give us ghosts, werewolves, aliens...pretty much anything other than zombies. They could add a haunted mine with a treasure at the end. A solid few hours of exploration with a reward upon completion. They could add a quest where local wildlife is being torn to shreds, and you need to track down the culprit, which ends up being a naked man covered in blood (ie a werewolf). They could give us a 'Bone Tomahawk' angle with aliens who live in a tribe nearby, and are cannibalizing people. You go there to rescue someone upon request...but everyone is dead when you get there...so you just kill all the aliens and rummage through a huge heap of belongings to loot treasure. Hell...give us more of Bigfoot. Give us a Yeti in the area with snow.

Edited by Generations

Honestly, if they were to go the supernatural angle again, id like them to do vampires. There's honestly not that many games that handle vampire hunting well.

Edited by Brandon-X

I haven't unlocked fast travel...but how bad could it be? I saw that the icon says "stagecoach"...so I'm guessing that's fast travel. But again, how bad could it be? Everything is done in a way that is appropriate to the time period. So, it would make sense if it's not 100% instant travel.

The train is also fast travel

Honestly, if they were to go the supernatural angle again, id like them to do vampires. There's honestly not that many games that handle vampire hunting well.

Vampires would certainly work too...what with all the pine caskets laying around.

Anyway...I guess Western and Horror are just two genres that go hand in hand. Probably in part due to the West being expansive and unknown. You could really have all kinds of stuff out there.

Edited by Generations

Well, just had my first "rage quit". Get ambushed and then in the middle of the ambush, a cougar attacks me, running past a bunch of them to get me. Not a fan of that. I don't like it when enemies are "player-centered".