Red Dead Redemption 2

Bronson

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'd prefer that. Gives you more incentive to use the phone to contact other players with the phone if need be. I always wanted to be in a lobby like that, not knowing where anyone is and seeing things happen organically, ever since GTAIV. Though I think there were certain modes where nobody showed up on the map until they started shooting, but I'm talking freemode sheeit.

I Red Dead it would make more sense to talk to a bar keep for info to find out where othrr people are as supposed to just looking at a map from the jump and riding straight to them. Thats just me though. I'm a loner irl and in-game XD

I always wanted to be in a lobby like that, not knowing where anyone is and seeing things happen organically, ever since GTAIV. Though I think there were certain modes where nobody showed up on the map until they started shooting, but I'm talking freemode sheeit.

That's exactly how Red Dead Online is... you don't know where people are until you're close to one another on the map.

"it's really boring because there's never any players on"

EL EM EFF AY OH

Edited by NegativeCreep

So...I read earlier that Rockstar confirmed that they aren't making any single player DLC for this, and it's all about online again. - I can't overstate how much I *censored*ing hate that model.

such a huge mistake.

i hope the the next Red Dead will be about Landon Ricketts

I'll go ahead and say it... if single player DLC wouldn't live up to the greatness of 'Undead Nightmare', then I'm perfectly happy not seeing any single player DLC whatsoever.

The RDR2 campaign was so damn good IMO... I can't think of other stuff for them to add to single player in the form of DLC that would add much else to that mode.

Edited by NegativeCreep

The RDR2 campaign was so damn good IMO... I can't think of other stuff for them to add to single player in the form of DLC that would add much else to that mode.

Nah...I don't agree with this one bit. You're talking about a huge map, and the eclectic setting of the wild west. There is absolutely no limit to what they could have shoehorned into any corner of that map. Thinking for one minute that they "accomplished everything they could in the main story" is just lazy thinking, tbh. Right off the top of my head, I could think of expanding on the Guarma location...or doing a full story about the Armadillo plague.

I have no doubt in my mind that there were already ideas in place for single player DLC, but they're saying "screw it" because the online model makes more money with the micro transactions. It's a load of shit, tbh.

I have no doubt in my mind that there were already ideas in place for single player DLC, but they're saying "screw it" because the online model makes more money with the micro transactions. It's a load of shit, tbh.

What micro transactions? The ones that you're literally not forced into buying? Those are available as a convenience, and all of it can be gained by simply playing the game.

"Gold bars and gold nuggets are the premium currency in Red Dead Online. They are earned through micro transactions, completing missions, participating in showdowns & races, and more! Currency To Unlock & Purchase Items Gold bars can be used to bypass level locks of certain purchase-able items in-game."

What micro transactions? The ones that you're literally not forced into buying? Those are available as a convenience, and all of it can be gained by simply playing the game.

"Gold bars and gold nuggets are the premium currency in Red Dead Online. They are earned through micro transactions, completing missions, participating in showdowns & races, and more! Currency To Unlock & Purchase Items Gold bars can be used to bypass level locks of certain purchase-able items in-game."

That's literally what micro-transactions mean. If they weren't obtainable through playing the game, they would just be called DLC. Or in Rockstar's case...they probably will end up calling them that anyways. It is the same thing for Sharkcards & expansions in GTA V

That's literally what micro-transactions mean. If they weren't obtainable through playing the game, they would just be called DLC. Or in Rockstar's case...they probably will end up calling them that anyways. It is the same thing for Sharkcards & expansions in GTA V

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

Thank you, Captain Obvious.

You don't get to say that after failing at the obvious definition of the term micro-transactions

The argument isn't *whining* "I don't wanna have to pay for micro transactions!!!"

The argument is people pay for those microtransations out of said "convenience", and enough of it to where over half of the parent company's revenue is because of them. Take Two doesn't need to waste resources on single player expansions when they're making bank on "recurring user spending" and they prolly never will, because money

Edited by WNX

Even if I wanted to play the online, I can't. My internet is too awful.

They wouldn't put them in the game if they didn't want you to buy them. If you think they don't design the gameplay model in a way to try and nudge you towards breaking down and buying them, I've got a bridge to sell you.

And yeah, doing so absolutely 100 percent takes advantage of those with impatient or addictive personalities.

Edited by Brandon-X

They wouldn't put them in the game if they didn't want you to buy them. If you think they don't design the gameplay model in a way to try and nudge you towards breaking down and buying them, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Where is this bridge located?

Edited by NegativeCreep

Where is this bridge located?

Have you ever played GTA Online?

My system should run it fine. My GPU is a bit under what it asks for but it should still work fine enough with a few dropped settings. I've got the exact CPU it asks for, amusing.

In RDO? No, there's no buying houses. Maybe it was speculation you had read?

Its possible since I havent found anything online either lol I couldve swore though haha

There is an article out with the developers who claim that buying houses is coming. Not yet however.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/09/27/red-dead-online-future-heists-villain-lawmen-business/

In RDO? No, there's no buying houses. Maybe it was speculation you had read?

Its possible since I havent found anything online either lol I couldve swore though haha

There is an article out with the developers who claim that buying houses is coming. Not yet however.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/09/27/red-dead-online-future-heists-villain-lawmen-business/

Thats probably what it was, thanks! Glad Im not crazy lol