Red Dead Redemption 2

Bronson

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the inclusion of new Austin and so, it's barely used. Even armadillo is a cholera filled shit hole

Gives you more to explore after the main game, and looks pretty. I ride around New Austin just for sunsets and sunrises sometimes. I like to take in-game photos...and the desert locale is just another unique venue for that.

No Mexico is a big L for me. At this point they should just make it DLC.

giphy.gif

Honestly, though...I don't even want more added to this game. I'm fairly certain I could play this game every single day until GTA6 comes out, and still not see every little detail that exists. I guess most people just tear-ass through the various locales on their way to do whatever they're doing...but I really like to check every little detail of everything. Like I said before...the camera aspect is a big plus for me (even though I hate that it's limited to 96 photos). I'll go through the same area 3 or 4 times just to see it at morning, noon, evening, and night...much like I would do in the real world with my photography. I love that the world is ever-changing, and always offering new atmospheric effects.

90.4% now. Feels good to finally be into the 90's.

Edited by Generations

No Mexico is a big L for me. At this point they should just make it DLC.

giphy.gif

Honestly, though...I don't even want more added to this game. I'm fairly certain I could play this game every single day until GTA6 comes out, and still not see every little detail that exists. I guess most people just tear-ass through the various locales on their way to do whatever they're doing...but I really like to check every little detail of everything. Like I said before...the camera aspect is a big plus for me (even though I hate that it's limited to 96 photos). I'll go through the same area 3 or 4 times just to see it at morning, noon, evening, and night...much like I would do in the real world with my photography. I love that the world is ever-changing, and always offering new atmospheric effects.

90.4% now. Feels good to finally be into the 90's.

So you dont want more of it then?

I'm doing the sheep herding mission with John Marston right now and I've found something funny that you can do. After getting the free gun from the store, if you pull out your gun on the clerk and aim it at him he takes out his own gun and chases you outside. Instead of going after you though John Marston is the one who pulls out his gun and starts shooting at him. Depending on where you are it goes differently; the first time I tried this John shot at the clerk who was inside the shop for like 5 minutes straight just kept shooting and reloading his gun, it was quite funny. The second time he just blasts the clerk outright in the middle of town and sends him flying like 5 feet back. What is funny is that since it's within the mission no one does anything or the cops don't even come after you, the town just clears and you can kind of loot without getting in trouble.

Edited by Jeb ★
Spoiler

This game having missable achievements is pissing me off in a big way. As if I was going to look into that when I was playing through (and risk spoiling the game for myself). You designed a game that is all about grinding and moving forward...which is what I did. And now there are at least two achievements that I can't get without starting the whole game over. They should patch that shit to remedy the situation. Not sure if you can do that with achievements (alter the way they can achieved)...but they should, if possible.

The two that I definitely can't get now are a 100% compendium (missing some species found only in Guarma). And the one for camp requests. So...like I said, they could easily remedy both of those if they A) Added a fast travel option via a steamboat back to Guarma. And B) Allowed you to still fulfill camp requests by taking the items to the graves of the deceased. Easy. Now, do it Rockstar. I'm not starting my damn game over. (Well, maybe if they add a Game+ mode) :lol:

Edited by Generations

Welp, looks like I'm in a similar situation...

... because after leaving Guarma, my inner voice just knew there were animals to be studied for the compendium. RIP my 100% completion in one play through, I guess.

Edited by NegativeCreep

Seriously...just *Censored* Rockstar for that.

I know there's a stigma about saying anything bad about Rockstar, but, *Censored* them. :lol:

Too worried about making money with online to properly safeguard the achievement system.

*Apparently 100% is still achievable...just not achievements themselves. For 100%, you don't need a full compendium. You need 50 species of the available ones. I'm sure I've already done that...so the grind for 100% continues on this save for me (I didn't make it to 90.4% only to quit now). But...those standalone achievements are going to be forever out of reach until I start over.

I might be able to get the zoologist achievement (need to check if I studied all of the animals over there). But I won't be able to get 'skin deep'...because I definitely didn't skin them.

And, yeah...I wanted to explore Guarma more, but the game goes to great lengths to make that as much of a pain in the ass as possible. That entire portion of the game was hand-holding 101. HURRY, you're being shot at! HURRY, there's shit blowing up! Nonstop, it was. It's no wonder that I gave it a quick one-over and left. Besides, at the time, I definitely thought I would be able to take a boat back at some point. I mean...wouldn't that make the most sense? To be able to return to this place that has an entire map rendered in the game? Smh.

Edited by Generations

And, yeah...I wanted to explore Guarma more, but the game goes to great lengths to make that as much of a pain in the ass as possible. That entire portion of the game was hand-holding 101. HURRY, you're being shot at! HURRY, there's shit blowing up! Nonstop, it was. It's no wonder that I gave it a quick one-over and left. Besides, at the time, I definitely thought I would be able to take a boat back at some point. I mean...wouldn't that make the most sense? To be able to return to this place that has an entire map rendered in the game? Smh.

Yeah, couldn't have said it much better myself.

Holding out hope that they release some DLC where John gets to visit Guarma. Would make sense...since some time has passed, and since he would probably have a natural curiosity about what the rest of the gang saw over there. Please, throw me a bone Rockstar. :lol:

90.7% now. :lol:

Edited by Generations

So...

There's a lootbox in John Marston's house, on a shelf in the sitting room, and it flashes when you use eagle eye. It's the only item in the house that does that, but you can't interact with it as far as I can tell. What's up with that?

Probably oversight from the development since you can eagle-eye every other lockbox and since it's technically a lockbox

91.4% now.

I didn't expect visiting old campsite locations or the graves of the fallen allies to be so emotional. I mean...I didn't cry or anything, but they do a good job of underscoring the moment with some fitting music...and the atmosphere just feels special. I expected it from the graves...but the campsites kinda struck me as a surprise. Just a really sad feeling of abandonment and loss. I actually took a moment to look back through the older photos I took...of happier times at one camp or another. The atmosphere made me do that. And then you notice that there are some characters that you don't have any photos of...and that's kinda sad too.

Edited by Generations

So it's locked as in we can't access it no matter what? Why would they lock it then if it's not accessible?

not necessarily locked but you just get super wanted if you're spotted at Blackwater.

You can freely explore the area after the main story

Holding out hope that they release some DLC where John gets to visit Guarma. Would make sense...since some time has passed, and since he would probably have a natural curiosity about what the rest of the gang saw over there. Please, throw me a bone Rockstar. :lol:

90.7% now. :lol:

You don't need those species for the achievement

This game is so much more frustrating than RDR 1 ever was. At least when it comes to completing the missions it is damn frustrating, and there is so many of them where you have to take a wagon from one place to the other. I've literally failed missions in the stupidest of ways that never in a million tries happen in a normal non-mission playthrough. For example when trying to run away from someone my horse will just trip and die and I get shot up, or I crash the wagon when I'm almost at the point I'm supposed to take it, and the most recent one setting myself on fire while trying to set the cornfields on fire. I really hate it how you have to start the mission all over, there is no midpoint saves. I think I've wasted probably a good five hours on missions that I just end up dying on.