Red Dead Redemption 2

Bronson

I saw a video about that on YT but didn't bother watching it. I dont think they're GTA characters, easter eggs are nice, but having GTA characters in a Western based game where the timelines are drastically different, ruins the credibility of both titles.

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldve appreciated GTA Vs multiple character system in this game. Main missions and stranger missions still focused on Arthur of course but the ability to earn money for the camp and other activities playing as other characters wouldve been great. I never really did anything dastardly with Arthur because it didnt fit his character. The only criminal act (aside from main missions) I committed was accidentally stealing a guys horse when trying to get on my own.

Micah wouldve been my go to guy if I wanted to do anything psychotic. Id do all my hunting playing as Charles and then switch to Uncle so he could get pissed in the saloon in Valentine.

Not really they can easily connect them by saying their long-lost relatives

Then how can they be GTA characters, if they're not?

And I think being a real Outlaw, as in murdering innocents, robbing back room operations, getting into bar fights only to stab the guy to death, fits Arthurs character perfectly fine. It's all about you, and the reactions you choose to have with the NPC's. Instead of greeting them, I mostly antagonize them until it lbuilds to a head, and they DIE !

Edited by Paulie Walnuts

Not really they can easily connect them by saying their long-lost relatives

RDR and RDR2 both mention New York. They dont call it Liberty City so I doubt RDR and GTA exist in the same universe anyway. Just Easter eggs.

I feeling like the Guarma chapter wasn't very relevant and could've been replaced by something like the gang being forced to go past Blackwater or something

I hated that part.

I mean...I get the idea of A) showing that the gang finally hit rock bottom. And B) showing that Dutch had this idea to go to a tropical island (which ends up being a terrible idea when they actually experience it). But...yeah, not my favorite of locations. Too much hand-holding and forced linear progression.

Also, if you didn't get the compendium info for animals and stuff while there, does that count against you? Can you go back somehow?

Full RDR2 beta roll out details are as follows:

Tuesday, November 27th - All RDR2 'Ultimate Edition' owners

Wednesday, November 28th - All players who played RDR2 on October 26th, according to Rockstar's data

Thursday, November 29th - All players who played RDR2 between October 26th to October 29th, according to Rockstar's data

Friday, November 30th - All players who own RDR2

Really enjoyed playing Online last night. I only did regular online for about an hour, did the horse mission and just did the PVP multiplayer. I dislike the Territory the most. And like Name Your Weapons the most, then it's Most Wanted. Got MVP once. I got the High Velocity Pistol from The Fence on Emerald Ranch, and it was free so I suggest tall get that. And sold my horse they gave me, for, cant remember the type of horse, but it was red and white and I HAD to name her Epona

Got over $100 now. I really want a better shotgun, mostly double barrel since it is OP AF. I racked up so many kills in name your Weapons. I'm bad with the tomahawk, I know to use Dead Eye and select the target. REALLY bumbed out that I lost the group I was playing with because Rockstar had an error and it kicked us

So if anyone wants to team up I'm Triset908 on PS4

Edited by TheTRIsetMaster908

20 minutes into free roam and Im done. Started a stranger mission to deliver mail and got attacked by a posse. I couldnt retrieve the mail bag because it was around their location. I managed to kill two of them at one point and ran for the bag but got killed by a third member. By the time I respawned, they did too and it felt like Groundhog Day after 5 deaths. I stopped fighting to write this post and they got bored after a couple of more kills and left. By that time my quest timer had depleted and Im left in the middle of nowhere having to travel back to Blackwater to pick up a quest.

Im not gonna blame the game though because its tailored for this kind of gameplay. Its just not what I wanna be doing.