Red Dead Redemption 2

Bronson

I agree, although this time I think i'd really prefer to play as a (morally ambiguous) lawman right from the start instead of an out-and-out outlaw. Perhaps one hunting a gang or specific criminal, and the honour system can effect the story in the lengths the character is willing to go to get them.

that's a different and interesting take. just one question though, would you be paying yourself the bounty reward :lol:

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, although this time I think i'd really prefer to play as a (morally ambiguous) lawman right from the start instead of an out-and-out outlaw. Perhaps one hunting a gang or specific criminal, and the honour system can effect the story in the lengths the character is willing to go to get them.

that's a different and interesting take. just one question though, would you be paying yourself the bounty reward :lol:

:lol: I figured the story would habe a reason for the PCs hunting of the outlaw/gang to be personal. Like they killed a family member or stole a prized family heirloom or shot his hat or something.

Red Dead 3 is gonna be so far off, that I don't know if it's even worth discussing yet.

But, I'd like it if Rockstar actually brought back Red Harlow (the original character from Revolver). This could be done in much the same way that Nikko Bellic is mentioned in GTAV. Or how Claude Speed showed up in San Andreas. If they make 3 about Red, then they can write his story and make him a fully fleshed character in that universe...which he kinda deserves, since he was the titular character originally.

Go off the ending of the original Red Dead Revolver...wherein, Red Harlow has given the gold to Annie and Buffalo Soldier, and essentially gone off the grid. You write him a story where he's ended up traveling with a group of Native Americans (Shadow Wolf's people), just trying to lay low...but the threat to the Natives forces him to take up arms once again.

Revolver was set in the 1880's, Redemption 2 was set in 1899, and Redemption 1 was set in 1911. So...this would be the perfect time to shoehorn Red into some sort of return scenario. You have 19 years between Revolver and Redemption 2, where Red Harlow could have got into all sorts of shenanigans.

Edited by Generations

I don't know how rumory it was, but I read they were holding off on GTA because of all these PC assholes they said the climate was too hot and they didn't want to risk upsetting people more than normal I guess

doing John's story post Arthur now. not ashamed to admit it, it hit me in the feels hard when Arthur said his goodbyes to Sadie and Abigail. with the ride back to camp, the song, and remembering what people said to him as he helped them, i *censored*ing cried. its funny that when the Arthur character was revealed to us we had doubts, then as usual, Rockstar writes him so well we get emotionally attached to him. i can never doubt Rockstar. i chose Arthur to help John escape. i had Arthur's ending where he laid on mountain watching the sunrise for his last time.

Yeah I got to the epilogue now. I really got attached to Arthur, I kinda liked him more than Marston, but yeah. I got that ending too, I guess it's the good ending because I has my honor system at the highest good point.

Playing through the epilogue missions, John's remarks are just dick-ish compared to Arthur's, geez :lol:

Nevertheless, Rockstar did it again, making a legend of a protagonist in Arthur Morgan, damn.

I was playing Red Dead Revolver a couple nights ago and it really made me want to play that game through just to catch up as I never played it when it came out. As for Red Dead Redemption 1, I just can't seem to play that game anymore. I ride around on my horse a little and turn the game off. It's as if I did all I had to do in that game and now there is no point.

I need to find more Rattlesnakes, I WANT that Snake Hat from the Trapper. It's the item I want the most. Just looks cool. Still getting the hang of getting Perfect Pelts.

I really would love if they remaster or atleast put Red Dead Redemption 1 on PS4. I know I could do the pass, but I have it on PS3. I would love to do Red Dead Redemption 1 when I finish 2. And I'll try to beat Hardcore mode. Makes me smile everytime I see and hear John. My favorite Rockstar character

Edited by TheTRIsetMaster908

I don't know how rumory it was, but I read they were holding off on GTA because of all these PC assholes they said the climate was too hot and they didn't want to risk upsetting people more than normal I guess

How does that even make the slightest bit of sense?
https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/10/24/dan-houser-thankful-not-to-be-releasing-grand-theft-auto-6-right-now

*shrugs*

I need to find more Rattlesnakes, I WANT that Snake Hat from the Trapper. It's the item I want the most. Just looks cool. Still getting the hang of getting Perfect Pelts.

I really would love if they remaster or atleast put Red Dead Redemption 1 on PS4. I know I could do the pass, but I have it on PS3. I would love to do Red Dead Redemption 1 when I finish 2. And I'll try to beat Hardcore mode. Makes me smile everytime I see and hear John. My favorite Rockstar character

Rattlesnakes are up in the snowy mountain areas. Any time I've gone up there, I've rode right into a whole bunch of them all in one spot.

Anyway, I was doing some fishing earlier, and I caught a huge Sturgeon. Not a legendary one...but I didn't realize that you need to carry the fish and stow it on your horse just like the other animals. It makes perfect sense with how big it is, but I was seriously expecting it to just go in my inventory since it was a fish, and I was left standing there, holding this massive fish. :lol:

Just finished the epilogue. The proposal mission with Abigail was so wholesome <3. Felt good to finally off Micah, *Censored* him. Sadie and Charles are the best. The ending was heartwarming but heartbreaking too knowing everything that happens in the sequel. Arthur told John not to look back yet he looked back anyway in killing Micah, which led to the start of RDR1 :/

One complaint about this game...

The never-ending lawmen when you're wanted. Realistically, if I hijack a train and kill a bunch of people in the middle of nowhere in the old west setting of Red Dead, there aren't going to be 5 more lawmen riding in every time I kill the other ones. That's definitely the kind of situation where you should defend against a single wave, and then have pretty much all night to get out of there before more would come. I don't even feel like robbing trains in this game due to how unrealistic the law response is.

I'm really hoping the wanted system gets some balancing patches. I get what Rockstar was trying to do with some aspects of the game but there are times where they went overboard and hurt overall enjoyability of the game to get a message or realism feel across.