Red Dead Redemption 2

Bronson

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly, the fast travel mechanic is awful and whoever at rockstar thought it up is an idiot.

Also can we please patch in the ability to turn off that stupid *censored*ing black vignetting at the top of the screen? It doesn't look cinematic or whatever the hell its there for, its just annoying and makes it harder to navigate at times.

Anyone else having an issue with bison not spawning in the areas marked on the map?

Edited by Brandon-X

I haven't unlocked fast travel...but how bad could it be? I saw that the icon says "stagecoach"...so I'm guessing that's fast travel. But again, how bad could it be? Everything is done in a way that is appropriate to the time period. So, it would make sense if it's not 100% instant travel.

Edited by Generations

There's a way to fast travel from the camp, but it requires upgrading Arthur's tent through the ledge. Haven't gotten it yet but yeah, it's a one-way fast travel

Thaaaaaank yooooouuuuu. Gonna have to get that upgrade when I next play. Is it explained in the ledger or did I just completely miss it?

There's a way to fast travel from the camp, but it requires upgrading Arthur's tent through the ledge. Haven't gotten it yet but yeah, it's a one-way fast travel

Thaaaaaank yooooouuuuu. Gonna have to get that upgrade when I next play. Is it explained in the ledger or did I just completely miss it?
when you upgrade Arthur's tent (after upgrading Dutch's first, which costs a bunch of $$$) there'll be a map by your tent where you can fast travel to towns you've already been to. You're gonna have to horseback, stagecoach, or train back to Valentine though (nearest town to the home camp)

So...what are some of the random encounters ya'll have had? Not sidequest stuff with spoilers...just random happenings that you can mention without tags. I was playing before and a dude came riding straight towards me at full gallop...crashed right into my horse, knocked me and my horse down, he fell off his horse and died...his horse was injured, so I shot it. I was just like...what the *Censored*. I looted his body and his saddle bag, then rode off...but it was pretty random. :lol:

Had another one where a guy was standing by the path...looking at a map or something, with his back to his horse. As I got closer, the horse kicked him and killed him. Arthur said something like "Well, shit". Lol.

Edited by Generations

Crossed some old guy panning for gold in the lake. He found a nugget worth $20.00. Naturally as you do, I robbed him for it.

I then went to tame his horse just to search his bags on the horse. Unfortunately for me, I didnt tame the horse enough and it kicked me in the face and killed me???

So...what are some of the random encounters ya'll have had? Not sidequest stuff with spoilers...just random happenings that you can mention without tags. I was playing before and a dude came riding straight towards me at full gallop...crashed right into my horse, knocked me and my horse down, he fell off his horse and died...his horse was injured, so I shot it. I was just like...what the *Censored*. I looted his body and his saddle bag, then rode off...but it was pretty random. :lol:

Had another one where a guy was standing by the path...looking at a map or something, with his back to his horse. As I got closer, the horse kicked him and killed him. Arthur said something like "Well, shit". Lol.

I got that one too. That was *censored*ing hilarious.

I got this one too.

Off the top of my head I also got:

- some girl laid on top of a horse getting kidnapped by some guy; I saved the girl

- Someone getting bit by a venomous snake, and I sucked the venom out of his leg

- two guys trying to open a safe with an axe something; I just approached them and they started shooting, so I killed them and used dynamite to open the safe. It was like $40 in there

- some New Yorker near Strawberry asking me to lead him to the town. Tipped me about the mayor's shady business

- bandits attacking a stagecoach; I killed the bandits and the owner let me take everything from the stagecoach

- some guy plucking tobacco leaves and giving me some

A random encounter I had a guy was being attacked by wolf's, killed the wolves, tried to give him medicine, smacked it out of my hand, and he just died

I had this one too.

I gave the guy some whiskey, which he drank...but then he said "ain't no fixing this one, Mr." and died anyway. I felt good for giving him some booze. But I stole his shit anyway. He didn't need it. :lol:

Crossed some old guy panning for gold in the lake. He found a nugget worth $20.00. Naturally as you do, I robbed him for it.

I then went to tame his horse just to search his bags on the horse. Unfortunately for me, I didnt tame the horse enough and it kicked me in the face and killed me???

This right here sounds like more action than I've seen in an entire playthrough of most other games.

I think I had the one with the old guy and the gold...but I had to scurry across the river in a hurry, as a gang of bounty hunters were coming for me. I definitely saw an old guy who said something about gold as I rode past him...but I couldn't stop.

Also, I like how the people chasing you will actually stop on the other side of the river if there's no designated crossing. I thought they would follow...but they just stopped on the bank. River wasn't crazy deep where I crossed...but it was definitely not an intended fording spot.

Edited by Generations

- Someone getting bit by a venomous snake, and I sucked the venom out of his leg

that's the guy that lets you pick out a free gun on his tab at the Gunsmith in Valentine

Mine wasn't the gunstore, was the regular general store.

Does anyone think there is any truth to the rumors that this game is eventually getting ported to the PC? Supposedly people have found some coded messages or some thing like that in the phone app for this game that speaks of the pc version of this game. This would make my day because I don't want to buy a console, particularly one so close to the end of it's lifespan just to play this game.