Sting's done

Ziggy Vercetti

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if seth comes back as a heel at least he has something for heat

Serious?

Rollins is as clearly the most obvious face turn to make as Roman Reigns is for a heel turn...oh riiiight - that's why it won't happen. It too clearly *ahem* what's best for business ?

If Sting isnt done then im willing to bet that he runs in on the Hell in a Cell match at Mania. Its almost too perfect for him not to. Run the angle of Sting helping Shane for owing him one back in the day (when Shane bought wcw) or something, so when Shanes laid out at the end of the match, have Taker do the throat cut and signal for the end.

Lights out, crow over the PA system, lights on Takers standing face to face with Sting. Crowds going ape shit, they start trading blows, Taker lifts Sting up for the tombstone, Sting slides out and drops Taker with the Scorpion Death Drop, Shane scrambles for the cover 1.2.3.

Sting better stick to wrestling old timers, at least he'll be safe. He can't go with the fast, young bucks like Seth or even Cesaro.

Imagine if Cesaro pushes him up in the air and does the European uppercut. He'd be decapitated.

would probably get his ribs broken just from being pushed up.

If Sting isnt done then im willing to bet that he runs in on the Hell in a Cell match at Mania. Its almost too perfect for him not to. Run the angle of Sting helping Shane for owing him one back in the day (when Shane bought wcw) or something, so when Shanes laid out at the end of the match, have Taker do the throat cut and signal for the end.

Lights out, crow over the PA system, lights on Takers standing face to face with Sting. Crowds going ape shit, they start trading blows, Taker lifts Sting up for the tombstone, Sting slides out and drops Taker with the Scorpion Death Drop, Shane scrambles for the cover 1.2.3.

That would be *censored*ing amazing. It'd make perfect sense, too. Sting's been on a mission to rid the WWE of The Authority, and it'd set up a match for Taker and himself within a years time. Selfishly I'd hope for something like this, because Sting is my all time favourite but if he isn't well enough to compete, I just hope he gets a respectful sendoff.

That would be *censored*ing amazing. It'd make perfect sense, too. Sting's been on a mission to rid the WWE of The Authority, and it'd set up a match for Taker and himself within a years time. Selfishly I'd hope for something like this, because Sting is my all time favourite but if he isn't well enough to compete, I just hope he gets a respectful sendoff.

Even if that didnt lead to a match for the following year, it gives everyone who wants to see Sting and Taker go at it even briefly, and as you said, Sting wanting to end the authority makes perfect sense for him to help Shane too. I really hope WWE does this and doesnt have meaningless run ins to *Censored* the match up.

If he goes against Taker, I doubt he'd be booked to win, because I've got a feeling Taker is eating that L in Dallas. Otherwise WWE would be guilty of the greatest "bait and switch" in history.

I think he should re-match with Triple H and go over.

Don't know why some think he should only stick to wrestling old-timers. His match with Rollins proved he can still go with the young guys, except for the injury, which happens to everyone in the wrestling business at any given moment.

Even if that didnt lead to a match for the following year, it gives everyone who wants to see Sting and Taker go at it even briefly, and as you said, Sting wanting to end the authority makes perfect sense for him to help Shane too. I really hope WWE does this and doesnt have meaningless run ins to *Censored* the match up.

True. Finally ending The Authority while also having a WrestleMania moment with The Undertaker would be fine by me. I think that'd be far better than him just retiring after his injury.

WWE Hall of Famer Sting was interviewed by the WWE website today regarding his induction to their Hall of Fame and rumors of his retirement based on a report on the TMZ website.

Sting acknowledged that there was some early talk of facing The Undertaker, commenting, " Yes, it was in my mind, of course, but everyone knew that I definitely wanted to have that one match. And, of course, WrestleMania would have been the place to do it. But, I got hurt and the rest is history. "

Sting noted that he did not have surgery, but was diagnosed with spinal stenosis and has not been suffering from any of the side effects that doctors advised him he would have.

On whether he will ever wrestle again, Sting said, "I have to say it: The only thing for sure about Sting is nothing’s for sure."

You can read the entire interview at this link.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=100728

What motivation would he have for helping Shane, other than revenge for Triple H. I'm trying to think if he would be appreciative of Shane trying to save WCW from Vince, or whether he'd be upset he failed to keep it going.

What motivation would he have for helping Shane, other than revenge for Triple H. I'm trying to think if he would be appreciative of Shane trying to save WCW from Vince, or whether he'd be upset he failed to keep it going.

Well, his reasoning for debuting was to end The Authority. He got screwed out of his match at 'Mania, and came so close to taking the title off of Rollins. So it'd make sense for him to still want to accomplish what he set out to do from the beginning. It'd also lend credibility to Shane beating The Undertaker, because Shane going over clean would seem ridiculous.

Well, his reasoning for debuting was to end The Authority. He got screwed out of his match at 'Mania, and came so close to taking the title off of Rollins. So it'd make sense for him to still want to accomplish what he set out to do from the beginning. It'd also lend credibility to Shane beating The Undertaker, because Shane going over clean would seem ridiculous.

Yeah, and better yet, it would really tee off the Undertaker leading to the dream match at 33.

Archived