Report: Vince McMahon Does Not See Most NXT Talent As “Stars”

lightning116

With the right booking , alot of the current NXT roster could be a star.. but to be honest i cant picture any holding the WWE title. Maybe Apollo Crews, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor possibly . It's just my personal opinion but when i look at NXT i see alot of great wrestlers/superstars but no future legends. (apart from the guys i mentioned)

Just looking at how guys from NXT get booked on the main roster i have absolutely no hope for them.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not wrong. I seem to remember everyone here telling me over and over what huge stars Neville and Tyler Breeze would be when they reached the main roster. I haven't been keeping up with the weekly programs, but I've yet to see either one in anything more than a filler PPV match.

How is it their fault that the company threw Breeze in a crappy feud that featured little to no mic time then dropped the ball?

or brought Neville up and did hardly anything before dropping the ball? A talent can't just grab a mic on live tv and make something happen them self in this overly scripted era if they want to keep their jobs. So again how is that their fault?

It's like every other post in this entire section nowadays.

I know my posts aren't riveting tales or philosophical masterpieces, but damn its more annoying than people arguing over Cena.

Well that should tell you that people want change. Shits been going on long enough.

It's at least partially their fault - if you don't have it, you don't have it. Proof is in the pudding - they're insanely behind Reigns and trying their best to force him upon us - but he has the presence of a watercress sandwich. Neville is good in ring, but I don't think he's done anything particularly memorable on a mic. Of course WWE is to blame, but it takes something special within a person to be able to be the next top guy. (And people say they don't need to replace Cena with one guy, but several are missing the fact that it's still replacing him)

Has he even had an actual promo on Raw?

Honestly I only see Baron Corbin and MAYBE Apollo Crews becoming stars once they get the call. Colin Cassidy and Jason Jordan also. For obvious reasons.

Everyone else? Oh boy.

Yeah, Enzo and Cass got 0 reaction at Roadblock and they're not total merch selling machines /:

All those Divas down there suck as well, Bayley is annoying as shit and can't work a match. Alexa has a terrible look and no charisma and Emma well she just sucked on the main roster when she got called up, might as well just let her go.

Another 'We hate Vinny Mac' topic.

I see it as more of a thinly veiled sexy bad ass rebel Triple H appreciation thread.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more recent dirt sheet reports about Vince being an out-of-touch meanie that doesn't like NXT are misinformation deliberately spread by WWE themselves. A lot of NXT's appeal stems from the fact that it's marketed as an alternative to WWE, and surprisingly there are a lot of fans that actually believe that. It's kind of like how hipsters preach about how important it is to support starving artists and small businesses yet still easily fall victim to fads marketed to hipsters by big corporations. Basically, if word gets out that Vince likes NXT, they're afraid that it'll lose some of its cool factor. Vince is a lot smarter than people give him credit for. When he hands the reins over to Triple H, he wants the fans to think everything that Vince stood for will change and suddenly WWE will turn into a wrestling nerd's wet dream. That's not going to happen, but they're very shrewd for marketing the NXT product that way.

He's not wrong. I seem to remember everyone here telling me over and over what huge stars Neville and Tyler Breeze would be when they reached the main roster. I haven't been keeping up with the weekly programs, but I've yet to see either one in anything more than a filler PPV match.

How is it their fault that the company threw Breeze in a crappy feud that featured little to no mic time then dropped the ball?

or brought Neville up and did hardly anything before dropping the ball? A talent can't just grab a mic on live tv and make something happen them self in this overly scripted era if they want to keep their jobs. So again how is that their fault?

It's like every other post in this entire section nowadays.

I know my posts aren't riveting tales or philosophical masterpieces, but damn its more annoying than people arguing over Cena.

Well that should tell you that people want change. Shits been going on long enough.

It's at least partially their fault - if you don't have it, you don't have it. Proof is in the pudding - they're insanely behind Reigns and trying their best to force him upon us - but he has the presence of a watercress sandwich. Neville is good in ring, but I don't think he's done anything particularly memorable on a mic. Of course WWE is to blame, but it takes something special within a person to be able to be the next top guy. (And people say they don't need to replace Cena with one guy, but several are missing the fact that it's still replacing him)

Austin, HBK, Rock and so on had "the total package". Great stick-men, great wrestlers.

We can't find out if one has it because everything is over scripted now and the WWE tends to put guys in roles that don't suit them then blame them when it's not getting over.

Another 'We hate Vinny Mac' topic.

and they're gonna keep coming.

I'm still seeing people acting as if of a person caMt be the next head of the WWE then they aren't worth the time at all. stop it. that bullshit is part of the reason we're in such a situation in the first place. the mid card, upper mid card, and main event exists for a reason dammit.

Doesn't matter if they get booked well or not. The guys that have "it" can get the audience behind (or against) them no matter what. A lot of these guys in NXT are lame as hell. Yes, they may have been super popular on the independent scene, but they have the drawing power of a wet cardboard box. Someone like Neville is never going to be anything more than the flippy spot monkey guy, no matter how much the Internet fans seem to love him.

Doesn't matter if they get booked well or not. The guys that have "it" can get the audience behind (or against) them no matter what. A lot of these guys in NXT are lame as hell. Yes, they may have been super popular on the independent scene, but they have the drawing power of a wet cardboard box. Someone like Neville is never going to be anything more than the flippy spot monkey guy, no matter how much the Internet fans seem to love him.

NXT TakeOver: R Evolution

Neville is a little bit of a spot monkey, but who cares?

Spot monkeys are underrated. I'd much rather watch a fast paced Dragon Gate much than some slow and methodical Randy Orton garbage. If you can't appreciate what guys like Teddy Hart and the Young Bucks do, you take wrestling way too seriously. Also, Jack Evans is amazing. He was one of the most notorious spot monkeys that people complained about for years, but his feud with Drago is the best thing on TV today. Doing lots of highspots does not necessarily mean that you lack ring psychology.

Spot monkeys are underrated. I'd much rather watch a fast paced Dragon Gate much than some slow and methodical Randy Orton garbage. If you can't appreciate what guys like Teddy Hart and the Young Bucks do, you take wrestling way too seriously. Also, Jack Evans is amazing. He was one of the most notorious spot monkeys that people complained about for years, but his feud with Drago is the best thing on TV today. Doing lots of highspots does not necessarily mean that you lack ring psychology.

This, but I feel that when people call someone spot monkey they imply that.

This, but I feel that when people call someone spot monkey they imply that.

True. The phrase carries a negative connotation for sure. But I bet it wasn't originally intended to be so offensive. A long time ago, some wrestler probably playfully called his buddy that because he does lots of big spots. Then fans probably heard it used in a negative context in a shoot interview and made it into what it is today. Who knows though. The way carny lingo has evolved is very strange. Reminds me of that story a while back about the Tough Enough guy who called someone a jobber.

When the term "spot monkey" gets thrown around by people as an insult, I usually just translate it to "I don't have an actual argument against this wrestler but still want to seem like I know what I'm talking about".

Remember when everyone thought Daniel Bryan didn't have a chance on the WWE Roster?

d14VoM8.jpg

or Punk

U4uVgSH.jpg

Anyone can be a star. It just depends on the situation. Punk was suck in midcard obscurity until he cut one promo. Daniel Bryan needed a chant for people to notice him then they got behind the fact that he was the real ultimate underdog.

I never said I agreed with Vince. I bet if an NXT star was on TV, he'd be wetting his pants and wanting to call them up. I've seen NXT though, which is why in a way I can understand.

If these guys were given more/better time, most would become stars. Emma had the potential to be a great staple to the division, but WWE made her into a comedy character. It doesn't feel like Neville has come close to where he should be at that point. Arguably Charlotte, Owens, Becky, and Sasha are the closest to WWE's success stories.

I'd continue, but I'm not sure how to phrase what I wanna say.

Remember when everyone thought Daniel Bryan didn't have a chance on the WWE Roster?

d14VoM8.jpg

or Punk

U4uVgSH.jpg

Anyone can be a star. It just depends on the situation. Punk was suck in midcard obscurity until he cut one promo. Daniel Bryan needed a chant for people to notice him then they got behind the fact that he was the real ultimate underdog.

Punk was far from a midcarder before that promo but people did doubt them before they signed and earlier in their careers.

Archived