Report: Vince McMahon Does Not See Most NXT Talent As “Stars”

lightning116

Any of them can if booked right and Vince never thought Bryan could make money yet did, even when pushed down.

Just saying none of them can is such a generalisation and even if they can't, they can still be good in whatever role given.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE only guys on nxt that have any shot at being a star are the ones that had indy background just straight up nxt guys wwe made are hit and miss

the problem is just cuz the guys work in smaller crowds doesnt mean they work in bigger crowds aka tylor breeze no one have gotten behind him at all sense his debut and that not just booking fault but his to

I sincerely doubt this is true, because anyone could make this up and pass it off as news, but he's right. The only person who has a chance of reaching maybe a Jericho/Jeff Hardy posistion is Balor and that's simply due to the body paint. Balor himself has the personality of a toaster.

NXT is a niche market. It's targeted towards fans like us. WWE is a worldwide, publicly traded company. Simply having great "workrate" isn't good enough to be a top star of the company, and it really has always been that way.

Corbin could maybe, maybe be a decent Midcard heel, but there is not a single person currently employed by WWE that's good enough or over enough to replace Cena. That's partly their fault, partly just how it is, honestly.

Ambrose could probably reach HBK/Bret levels if they'd book him right, but he's lost so many times in the Main Event that I dunno if it'd be possible at this point. He should have built himself in the Midcard, but as I've said before, the Midcard is meaningless these days.

Reigns is damaged beyond repair at this point. He barely even made it out of the gate before the crowd cut from under him.

Rollins is a weird case. He's proven to not be a draw, but heels rarely are. If they turn him face, I could see him taking a comfortable early Jericho position in the company.

I sincerely believe a lot of guys in NXT have exactly what it takes to be "good enough" to be a top start in the WWE. But how would one ever find out if WWE does not try? And I don't mean calling guys up to put them into a test program or two and then lowering them to the rank of jobber. But actually getting behind those talents, whether Vince likes them or not, and give them the time and space to work. More than a few of the guys down in NXT will probably show Vince and fans of a similar mindset like yours, that they have exactly what it takes to be top stars in WWE. A lot more than a great workrate.

The main problem is that the Midcard means absolutely nothing now. I know I'm beating that to death, but I can't stress how important that it is. Every top guy, barring Hogan, was able to build themselves as a Midcarder and eventually transition as a Main Eventer. Now, guys like Ambrose dance in the Midcard to the Main Event and haven't built any ground on to stand in either. Or you get a guy like Sheamus, who has talent, rush into his push and break him from the start. It's how you get him going from Main Eventing as WWE Champion to being on the freaking pre-show in a few months. Could you imagine a fall from grace that far in any other era?

The Midcard is legitimately one of the most important things they need to fix and it should be their priority to do so. It's just become 50/50 booking with meaningless matches back and forth and no story...or terrible stories ala Rusev/Ziggler.

Regardless, I stand by that there's no one who has all of the traits needed to replace Cena on the WWE payroll at the moment.

THE only guys on nxt that have any shot at being a star are the ones that had indy background just straight up nxt guys wwe made are hit and miss

the problem is just cuz the guys work in smaller crowds doesnt mean they work in bigger crowds aka tylor breeze no one have gotten behind him at all sense his debut and that not just booking fault but his to

LMAO.

Cena was more or less a jobber till Lesnar left wasn't he? Vince acts like he forgot how to make stars sometimes. Cena is by himself now because the other stars of his time left him alone but that isn't how the company should work.

Cena was more or less a jobber till Lesnar left wasn't he? Vince acts like he forgot how to make stars sometimes. Cena is by himself now because the other stars of his time left him alone but that isn't how the company should work.

When Brock left, Cena was the US Champion and the hottest rising star on SmackDown at the time.

It's like every other post in this entire section nowadays.

I know my posts aren't riveting tales or philosophical masterpieces, but damn its more annoying than people arguing over Cena.

He's not wrong. I seem to remember everyone here telling me over and over what huge stars Neville and Tyler Breeze would be when they reached the main roster. I haven't been keeping up with the weekly programs, but I've yet to see either one in anything more than a filler PPV match.

How is it their fault that the company threw Breeze in a crappy feud that featured little to no mic time then dropped the ball?

or brought Neville up and did hardly anything before dropping the ball? A talent can't just grab a mic on live tv and make something happen them self in this overly scripted era if they want to keep their jobs. So again how is that their fault?

I know my posts aren't riveting tales or philosophical masterpieces, but damn its more annoying than people arguing over Cena.

Well that should tell you that people want change. Shits been going on long enough.

He's not wrong. I seem to remember everyone here telling me over and over what huge stars Neville and Tyler Breeze would be when they reached the main roster. I haven't been keeping up with the weekly programs, but I've yet to see either one in anything more than a filler PPV match.

How is it their fault that the company threw Breeze in a crappy feud that featured little to no mic time then dropped the ball?

or brought Neville up and did hardly anything before dropping the ball? A talent can't just grab a mic on live tv and make something happen them self in this overly scripted era if they want to keep their jobs. So again how is that their fault?

Well that should tell you that people want change. Shits been going on long enough.

Not denying that, but people bitching about the same thing every 10 minutes wont change anything.

Wrestlers can't book themselves, ya know?

Look at how poorly Del Rio was doing before he left, how much better he was doing in Lucha Underground and how poorly it's gotten back to since his return.

Word. Del Rio was so *censored*ing entertaining in LU. I wonder if he regrets coming back by now.

All of these NXT guys who we have gone out of our way to do nothing with on the main roster are NOT main stars. Right, Thats very sound logic. Cena in the Rapper gimmick never would have taken off had they not pushed him for a year and a half and then subsequently pushed him for the next ten years to make him a star. Honestly, what does Vince expect when folk like Neville and Breeze aren't given any kind of feud to work with?

It's at least partially their fault - if you don't have it, you don't have it. Proof is in the pudding - they're insanely behind Reigns and trying their best to force him upon us - but he has the presence of a watercress sandwich. Neville is good in ring, but I don't think he's done anything particularly memorable on a mic. Of course WWE is to blame, but it takes something special within a person to be able to be the next top guy. (And people say they don't need to replace Cena with one guy, but several are missing the fact that it's still replacing him)

Austin, HBK, Rock and so on had "the total package". Great stick-men, great wrestlers.

Archived