Report: Vince McMahon Does Not See Most NXT Talent As “Stars”

lightning116

A few things are clear:

1. NXT faithful are a different kind than the so called "main roster" fans.

2. Some NXT gimmicks won't cut it on Raw/Smackdown.

3. Repackaging of NXT talent has been poorly done where at all.

E.g. Bo Dallas could have come across as a decent motivational character if done more seriously. It may have been a success where the New Day initially failed.

4. Some NXT talent would have benefited from no gimmick change.

E.g. The Ascension were straight up ass kickers in NXT and nothing more. The wannabe legends thing was tragic from the moment it began.

Tyler Breeze is very talentedon all counts, with an appropriate gimmick and I am mystified as to why he has dropped off the radar. Agree with a previous post though; he should not be in to anyone but himself - Summer Rae should not be part of it. In fact Tyler should have a different supermodel ever week and keep brushing them aside believing he is more worthy of the camera.

Bottom line is that NXT has some worthwhile talent and they need to nurture it for the future.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I truly feel there is a big disconnection between the people that write for NXT and who write for Vince McMahon. Oh wait, sorry, the people who write for Raw and SmackDown.

I think u just answered your own question. Key word being Vince McMahon. NXT don't have to go through Vince while the main shows do.

I truly feel there is a big disconnection between the people that write for NXT and who write for Vince McMahon. Oh wait, sorry, the people who write for Raw and SmackDown.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wish I was as funny as you

He's not wrong. I seem to remember everyone here telling me over and over what huge stars Neville and Tyler Breeze would be when they reached the main roster. I haven't been keeping up with the weekly programs, but I've yet to see either one in anything more than a filler PPV match.

Wrestlers can't book themselves, ya know?

You're right they can't book themselves, however, that doesn't stop them from making a name for themselves regardless of what they are given or what spot they're placed in.

He's not wrong. I seem to remember everyone here telling me over and over what huge stars Neville and Tyler Breeze would be when they reached the main roster. I haven't been keeping up with the weekly programs, but I've yet to see either one in anything more than a filler PPV match.

Wrestlers can't book themselves, ya know?

You're right they can't book themselves, however, that doesn't stop them from making a name for themselves regardless of what they are given or what spot they're placed in.

They can't truly make a name for themselves if they aren't going to get backed for their efforts. And yeah... the spot they're put in kinda does matter. There have been instances when officials have turned a blind eye to talents regardless of how consistently good in the ring and over among the fans they've been, just because they don't fit their mould of what a "star" should be like. It isn't as direct as "perform well and you'll get noticed", it never *censored*ing has been in WWE.

Wrestlers have gotten punished for making a name for themselves. Look at Cesaro. Has done everything asked by the company and he got over. Then they took what got him over away from him. There's seriously no logical explanation to be defending this company.

Thats funny because i dont see half of the current roster as "Stars" Maybe Ziggler but thats about it

Brock, Triple H and Roman Reigns are the only 'stars' in that entire company.

I'm conVinced that they aren't.

Thats funny because i dont see half of the current roster as "Stars" Maybe Ziggler but thats about it

*smh* two (barely) part timers and the worst attempt at a face push in history.

This is what it has come to? RUN.

I'm conVinced that they aren't.

Damn that was good.

WWE or should I say WWE Universe is full dying stars and/or is a Universe with no Stars at all.... A lot of people think adding Shane to the mix can turn this horrible ship around, but can Shane do it all by himself?

No and also nobody with any logical sense thinks one man can do it by himself. Plus Vince is still really running things, Shane'll just be the on-screen authority.

WWE or should I say WWE Universe is full dying stars and/or is a Universe with no Stars at all.... A lot of people think adding Shane to the mix can turn this horrible ship around, but can Shane do it all by himself?

No and also nobody with any logical sense thinks one man can do it by himself. Plus Vince is still really running things, Shane'll just be the on-screen authority.

Shhhhhhhh don't tell him about kayfabe... you may as well tell him about Santa too if you're ruining stuff for him

Shhhhhhhh don't tell him about kayfabe... you may as well tell him about Santa too if you're ruining stuff for him

B-b-but, Santa's real, right? :(

B-b-but, Santa's real, right? :(

Of course he is. He gave Dean Ambrose a barbed wire baseball bat

Archived