WWE Show Discussion

AlterNation

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sport 360 recently interviewed WWE's Cesaro about his return to the squared circle, his character being an extension of himself, and Daniel Bryan's unexpected retirement, among other things.

According to Cesaro, it has been approximately three months since having successful shoulder surgery. While the injury is getting better every day, 'The Swiss Superman' will miss WrestleMania 32. Cesaro stated that WrestleMania season the worst time of the year to miss action.

"According to the doctors, it's probably going to be another two or three months. I hate to say it, but [WrestleMania 32] is probably too soon." Cesaro continued, "it's like the worst time to be hurt, not that there's a good time to be hurt, but it's probably the worst time of the year to be hurt. Missing the [Royal] Rumble, missing WrestleMania, it's our high season."

Cesaro claimed that the man behind the WWE character is very similar to who he is as a person.

"I kind of feel like it became the same, as in, they always say, 'your character is an extension of yourself or whatever you portray' and I think that is certainly the case for the more successful characters of the past in WWE. And I think also in the future or currently, if you look at someone like Daniel Bryan, what you saw on the screen is very reflective of [of who he is as a person] and I think fans feel that. For me, yeah, of course, when you get on TV and you walk through that curtain, it's just that little extra oomph of adrenaline and personality out there. I mean, I'm not walking around here swinging and uppercutting people, obviously. I could. Just kidding. So, to me, it's very close. I just try to be as authentic as possible and that's fun to me."

'The King Of Swing', who is famously a speaker of five languages, called professional wrestling his sixth language.

"To me, I always focused on the in-ring part, the wrestling, that stuff. They're my strong suit. Also, the beauty about that is, I feel actions speak louder than words and wrestling is kind of my sixth language that I can communicate with anybody. Even if they don't speak my language or I don't speak their's, I go in the ring and I can entertain in a way that nobody else can."

On the subject of Daniel Bryan's retirement, Cesaro admitted that he initially thought Bryan's retirement was a work, but later learned that his longtime friend was really being forced to hang up his kick pads for medical reasons. The visibly saddened Cesaro said that Bryan's retirement speech was a "bittersweet" conclusion to the career of 'The World's Toughest Vegan'.

"It made me very sad. It made me very sad, just watching [the retirement speech on WWE Monday Night RAW]. And even I was over in Germany for the Germany tour show and they played a Daniel Bryan video before the show, just the retirement speech clip, the music, the highlight video, I couldn't watch it because he [has] been a really good friend of mine for the past 10 years. And when I first came to WWE, I traveled with him and we talked about a lot of things, and, I mean, he's still my friend and I'm still going to see him, probably, but it's just not as much as I used to and he was just so much fun to be around. On the other hand, I'm very happy for him that he was able to go out, talk to the fans, and say goodbye in a way that only he can."

Cesaro said that he is happy that Bryan will be able to live out the rest of his days in good health.

"The stuff that he said that night and then even the next day on SportsCenter, I didn't know some of that stuff, and like he said, he hid some of it. I haven't spoken to him, but I think that, for me, it's important, as a friend, that he can live the rest of his life in good health and to risk his health is just not worth it, so I think, definitely, it's the right decision and anybody in the world, all the fans that know what he [has] been through and seen what he [has] accomplished, they understand that."

To check out the interview, check out the Sport 360 YouTube channel here. If you use any of the quotes that appear in this article, please credit Sport 360 with an H/T to Wrestling Inc. for the transcription.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0312/608518/cesaro-talks-his-wwe-return/

I feel like nothing will happen tonight... Maybe something with Shane/Taker.... I wouldn't doubt a Reigns appearance. It's probably going to be very skippable.

And to add on to what I said in the other topic.

I forgot about Titus, he's probably had enough and said nope see ya bye.

I was having a random idea about the LON.

They keep going on about Barrett being KOTR, which makes me think they want to have another one, I mean, he can't be "King Barrett" forever now.

So I thought it'd be funny if they had Rusev win it. Like, absolutely decimate everyone and put himself back on the map.

Then have a scenario where Barrett is forced to relinquish his crown leading to a LON split, or at least the start of a breakdown.

Bryan Alvarez reported on Fridays edition of the Bryan and Vinny Show that another WWE Superstar has handed their notice into WWE the past week.

Alvarez did not name the wrestler, but did note that people would be thrilled to hear about it.

Dave Meltzer noted on Twitter that he has no confirmation of the rumor:

"I know the rumor, have checked around and gotten no confirmation on it"

Wade Barrett recently handed his notice and is expected to finish with the company when his contract expires.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/41897/Another-WWE-Star-Leaving-The-Company-Top-Names-Booked/

Does no one go to Kevin Dunn and tell him, "this is f**king stupid. You're gonna give people a headache or something with this zooming vertigo s**t. STOP IT?"

There's people who actually think this zoom-in, zoom-out garbage is GOOD.

Does no one go to Kevin Dunn and tell him, "this is f**king stupid. You're gonna give people a headache or something with this zooming vertigo s**t. STOP IT?"

There's people who actually think this zoom-in, zoom-out garbage is GOOD.

"His 20 years of experience speak for themselves."

Archived