Cyberpunk 2077

TJwYEXI.png

2016 announcement:

Taking place in a dystopian setting where advancements in technology have become both the salvation and the curse of humanity, Cyberpunk 2077 sounds gloriously grim and futuristic. Despite only having been seen in a teaser trailer released several years ago, RPG fans have put the CD Projekt RED game high up on their wish lists. With the developers work on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt wrapping up and the team now hard at work on Cyberpunk 2077, fans are eager for info about the upcoming game, and in a recent financial call the dev offered just that.

Speaking during CD Projekt REDs 2015 financial results conference, the studios president Adam Kici?ski and studio head Adam Badowski both revealed more on the game. Badowski said that after the massive success of The Witcher 3 (it won Game of the Year at The Game Awards 2015, for example), Cyperpunk 2077 has to be even better, even bigger, even more revolutionary and the developer wants it to be a truly outstanding game. Moreover, it was revealed that Cyberpunk 2077 is a huge game and that its magnitude will be much greater than The Witcher. CD Projekt RED has amazingly large ambitions for it.

gPbwOBF.jpg

This isnt the first time the developer has spoken of its high expectations for Cyberpunk 2077, nor is it the first time that the dev has promised that it will be larger than The Witcher 3. Towards the end of 2015, the developer revealed that Cyberpunk 2077 would be bigger than anything it had ever created, far, far bigger in fact. CD Projekt RED has also said that it has considered multiplayer gameplay for Cyberpunk 2077, but theres no word on whether that will be classic team deathmatch or just co-op.

During the call, the CD Projekt RED bosses also revealed their plans to double the amount of developers at the studio. There are currently 400 developers who are working on two major games (Cyberpunk 2077 and an unannounced RPG) and some other projects the developer cannot currently talk about, and it wants to up that number to 800 and split the devs into four teams.

That increased studio size doesnt necessarily mean that fans will get Cyberpunk 2077 any faster, though, as during the call, the developer also said that it is still a long ways away from the premiere. While that statement is disappointing, it also obliterates a previous rumor that suggested that Cyberpunk 2077 would be released this year. However, given just how much CD Projekt RED has planned for this, many fans will accept a longer wait time if it means that the developer can deliver something incredible.

Source - gamerant.com

Trailers, Gameplay/Demos:

Cinematic Trailer (2013):

E3 2018 Trailer:

48 Minute Gameplay Reveal Demo (2018):

E3 2019 Cinematic Trailer:

Bonus Items/Special Editions:

Standard Edition:

4NDjj6C.jpg

83cm2fs.jpg

Collector's Edition:

mkwU5Hp.jpg

Y5MNB31.jpg

Release Date: December 10, 2020

Platforms: Xbox Series X and Series S, Playstation 5, Google Stadia, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been waiting literal years for this game so I'm beyond the point of getting excited for it until it's either in my hands or has a definite release date after all this time. That said, will be definitely getting this the day it comes out.

• 2 years later...

If the world has even a fraction of the detail that the world of Witcher 3 had, it will be a masterpiece. And I suspect that it should (in theory) have more detail than Witcher, since it's so much further out than that was. CD Projekt Red knows what they're doing. I don't have any reason to doubt them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/12/e3-2018-cyberpunk-2077-doesnt-look-like-the-witcher-but-it-does-look-incredible

Confirms FP view which is disappointing but if the world is as busy and lively as it looked in the trailer then that might soften blow. Hopefully Beyond Good & Evil 2 can make it up to me.

Everything else sounds wonderful though.

Everybody that Ive seen talk about this game is visibly trying not to ejaculate on the spot as they detail the demo they saw. Ive seen Gameinformer guys say Bethesda should take notes and that Deus Ex looks like childs play compared to this.

The backlash about it being FPS is getting louder, but that is mostly because everybody hasnt seen the game, however...E3 2019, in a Cyberpunk stage demo, CDPR shows off an ability to toggle between perspectives like Fallout/Elder Scrolls. Im calling it now.

Im saying this because CDPR seems like a developer of the people and I know they know how big this game can be for all of gaming and they dont strike me as the type that would be satisfied with a This Game Should Be Seen in 3rd Person-sized cloud hanging over it, even if the game is still almost perfect.

One thing that makes a 3rd person view valuable is the freedom it allows for crazy set pieces. Uncharted would not be nearly as good in first person because those games are like 50% set pieces (of course Im exaggerating) and this goes for most beloved PS exclusive. Also, traversal. This Cyberpunk world looks mouth watering and I think traversal through this world takes a hit when its in first person. I just need for them to shut me and everybody else up.

Also I really hate when FP games have deep character customization. It feels so pointless and I dont have as much fun knowing Im barely gonna get to see what I created.

During every E3 interview, they keep acknowledging that a lot of people are concerned about the first person but they are doing it because it supposedly fits the story and that it made sense to do something different than before. There will be 3rd person in a lot of cutscenes and certain gameplay moments with an example being described.

Game will likely win a lot of E3 awards as the gameplay demo behind closed doors is getting a ton of buzz and descriptions sound amazing

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

So ummm, bump?

Haven't checked this out until that trailer, just watched the Gameplay demo from months ago and I'm *censored*ing sold. I'm not usually a first person or an RPG kinda person but I'm hyped lol

Release date is April 16, 2020. *Censored* bro, why it gotta be spring quarter for me lmao

I think the statue could've been something else. Pretty odd to have a statue portraying the protagonist, who is supposed to be fully customizable :lol: Bike is cool though. Then again you could say the same about how V looks in the trailers. Could've been one of the masks they show in the gameplay idk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived