WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

AlterNation

As reported many times over the past year Scottish female wrestler Nikki Storm has signed with WWE.

Storm finished up her independent bookings over the past weekend, losing a loser leaves ICW Match forever against Sammii Jayne where she had to be carried out by security after losing.

Nikki will report to the WWE Performance Center sometime this week to start her journey with the WWE.

~SCS

Finally!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She just reminds me of every self-centered, psycho bitch I've ever encountered in life. I lost a lot of respect for her. Initially I thought that she was focused entirely on bringing respect back to the women's division...and then she just turned out to be focused on partying and being edgy. Complete letdown as far as initial expectations go. And yeah...there's a good chance that a lot of the wrestlers (male and female) are exactly like Paige...but her image has taken a bigger hit than them because of TD. That said, I still think she probably takes that personality to the extremes in terms of outdoing other wrestlers. There's just something about her that rubs me in a hugely negative way.

True, i guess they classify more as personas/characters.

I used gimmick and character interchangeably in my original post. My bad.

This discussion hinges on the belief that every single wrestler needs an original gimmick...which they don't. Bliss, Summer, and Maryse are all vastly different from one another in non-gimmicky ways. Their differences may not be full blown gimmicks...but there are a ton of subtle, (and not so subtle) differences between all three. It's not as if they all go out there and do the exact same thing. Maryse has always been more of a "I'm a model and an elite human being, and I don't have time for you". Whereas heel Bliss has been like E said...kinda like a cheerleader who gets the dumb jocks to do her bidding because they're too stupid to realize she's just using them. And Summer is basically just WWE's resident leggy blonde who will do whatever angle they want her to do. She's also ditsy compared to the other two...she's like the stupid blonde chick who thinks she's really good at everything, but is actually a garbage dump. And she's kind of insecure, as we've seen with her love triangle storylines. Maryse and Bliss are definitely not insecure.

And this explains the differences. Having seen Bliss for the first time, being completely oblivious to her ever having a face version of her character, I had immediately thought it was similar to Maryse's character. I see the differences now. Rae is still "uh... who?" as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah I agree. She seemed some what innocent when she debuted lol. But she doesn't even seem like a decent human being outside of the ring. And that shows in the ring.

You talking about Bliss? Because that's just bogus. Bliss seems like a total sweetheart...so does Summer Rae. I think Summer Rae might actually be the nicest person on the whole roster. Still remember that one episode of Swerved where they had the fake urine, and she was helping clean it up and being so genuine and kind to the actor.

True, i guess they classify more as personas/characters.

I used gimmick and character interchangeably in my original post. My bad.

This discussion hinges on the belief that every single wrestler needs an original gimmick...which they don't. Bliss, Summer, and Maryse are all vastly different from one another in non-gimmicky ways. Their differences may not be full blown gimmicks...but there are a ton of subtle, (and not so subtle) differences between all three. It's not as if they all go out there and do the exact same thing. Maryse has always been more of a "I'm a model and an elite human being, and I don't have time for you". Whereas heel Bliss has been like E said...kinda like a cheerleader who gets the dumb jocks to do her bidding because they're too stupid to realize she's just using them. And Summer is basically just WWE's resident leggy blonde who will do whatever angle they want her to do. She's also ditsy compared to the other two...she's like the stupid blonde chick who thinks she's really good at everything, but is actually a garbage dump. And she's kind of insecure, as we've seen with her love triangle storylines. Maryse and Bliss are definitely not insecure.

And this explains the differences. Having seen Bliss for the first time, being completely oblivious to her ever having a face version of her character, I had immediately thought it was similar to Maryse's character. I see the differences now. Rae is still "uh... who?" as far as I'm concerned.

https://youtu.be/ML_hfAoQMyk?t=1m47s

Last thing I want to see anymore is Summer Rae wrestling. She makes Kelly Kelly look like Trish Stratus in the ring, and Kelly Kelly was not all that great herself.

Then you haven't seen much of Summer Rae...or Kelly Kelly...or Trish Stratus...

Exactly. Summer Rae isn't bad in the ring at all, I don't know if you've only been watching her on the few times she wrestled on Raw or Smackdown but she's actually good. Has yet to truley show what she can really do and I doubt she ever will.

Weird seeing the change to 'women' now due to being used to the term 'divas' for so long. Glad to see the change tho. It's a statement of refocus, which hopefully lives up if consistent effort is put into the division. We know these girls can go (big indicator of that to the masses at Mania). Just the wonder of creative handling going forward. They've done well since Charlotte became champion (Night of Champions I believe) and I hope they continue.

Last thing I want to see anymore is Summer Rae wrestling. She makes Kelly Kelly look like Trish Stratus in the ring, and Kelly Kelly was not all that great herself.

Lol this is just silly. Summer Rae isn't all that great but she's better than Kelly ever was, even at her worst. Not sure how any Diva can make Kelly look good, maybe except Eva Marie.

Archived