Unpopular Wrestling Opinions X

Ernez

I don't see Kalisto as the next or being "better" than Rey Mysterio anymore. He's missing something and I don't know what. He's certainly a better high flyer though (atleast in his Rey's WWE run).

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see Kalisto as the next or being "better" than Rey Mysterio anymore. He's missing something and I don't know what. He's certainly a better high flyer though (atleast in his Rey's WWE run).

Dunno if you watch Lucha Underground, but Fenix is very similar - only booked miles better. I know he's not in the WWE, but he has some of that flavour Rey had. Also his brother is Pentagon JR, and anything even remotely affiliated with him is great.

Dunno if you watch Lucha Underground, but Fenix is very similar - only booked miles better. I know he's not in the WWE, but he has some of that flavour Rey had. Also his brother is Pentagon JR, and anything even remotely affiliated with him is great.

I love Fenix. He's a spectacle to watch in the ring and he has natural charisma. He also doesn't talk so he has a pretty mysterious persona to him which I like unlike Kalisto, and of course there's way better all around luchadors on that show like his brother, Puma, Mil, etc. But yeah, I'd take Fenix in the WWE anyday over Kalisto.

I love Fenix. He's a spectacle to watch in the ring and he has natural charisma. He also doesn't talk so he has a pretty mysterious persona to him which I like unlike Kalisto, and of course there's way better all around luchadors on that show like his brother, Puma, Mil, etc. But yeah, I'd take Fenix in the WWE anyday over Kalisto.

He's speaking more now this season as opposed to the last one.

I honestly for the first time believe the main roster is finally getting better. I look at guys like Ambrose becoming a main eventer, AJ Styles being booked as a big deal, Owens as IC champion & feuding with Sami Zayn, Kalisto as US champion, New Day as tag champions and the Divas championship finally getting credibility with the 4 horsewomen. Plus young guys are challenging the older guys and many of the older guys are finally gtfo of here. Only thing plagueing WWE right now imo are injuries and their booking, while improving, is still a bit dodgy. But overall, i finally feel like the main roster is getting the change we all hoped for. I only hope 2016 is the year where it all comes together and we wash away the previous years of WWEs crap.

That's assuming the roster is mainly good regardless. No amount of good writing can invest me in a character/storyline/feud if they just aren't good enough to pull it off, while the quality of matches and delivery of promos can work just just fine even with shit writing.

What I meant was good writing can make up for a lacklustre roster, but a good roster can't make up for shit writing.

I agree with the first part, disagree with the second. There have been some great matches on the lesser shows like Superstars and they've had lackluster writing to accompany it. I think good wrestling is just good wrestling regardless.

So i'm watching 2002 PPVs and is it just me or do titles just not seem so important? it might just be because im looking in hindsight but these title matches just dont have the same feeling that i remember from 2005 onwards. I mean the WWE title is changing at basically every PPV..

Idk just looking for input from people who watched WWE regularly in 2002.

So i'm watching 2002 PPVs and is it just me or do titles just not seem so important? it might just be because im looking in hindsight but these title matches just dont have the same feeling that i remember from 2005 onwards. I mean the WWE title is changing at basically every PPV..

Idk just looking for input from people who watched WWE regularly in 2002.

Issue was, that after the merger of WCW, there were so many titles that it reached saturation point. I would also blame the handling of the Jericho title reign in the early part of 2002 as well - WMX8 was built around Hogan V Rock, that the title was secondary, but not only that - Jericho was reduced to a bit part player in the battle between Stephanie and Triple H. Plus you're right there were so many title changes in that year, that titles became "props".

Yeah i was thinking that (im up to Vengeance now), when Hogan won it, it was about Hogan, not the title, when Undertaker had it, it was about the feud, he just was sort of holding the title while feuding.

Archived