Unpopular Wrestling Opinions X

Ernez

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it on the East Coast, but not on the West.

Same. It was too sunny. So many entrances were ruined last year because of it.

Yeah, but I'm so used to it being outdoors now that if they reverted back to a closed stadium it would be weird. WWE making WrestleMania the only PPV with an open stadium makes it feel special in my eyes. It stands out more.

Dude, I absolutely love open stadiums lol. I'm just saying, it really did ruin some entrances. So I agreed with Counting Lights because on the East by the time it hits 8 PM or so the sun isn't as bright and distracting. It definitely adds and I love it, but to an extent.

Dude, I absolutely love open stadiums lol. I'm just saying, it really did ruin some entrances. So I agreed with Counting Lights because on the East by the time it hits 8 PM or so the sun isn't as bright and distracting. It definitely adds and I love it, but to an extent.

I thought you meant drop top West top up East. I agree with you, it ruins some entrances. Taker and Wyatt's entrances weren't dark enough and completely took away from the atmosphere. There's something awesome about when it finally does become dark, though. You don't even need to look at the time. You know by looking at the light when it's nearly time for the main event.

Only WM I really liked outdoors was WM 10, I believe it was.

WM9, Ceasar's Palace, Las Vegas. 10 was at MSG.

I'm really hoping they close the roof at AT&T it's going to be epic, but I hated entrances in the daylight, especially Sting, Wyatt and of course Taker.

I thought you meant drop top West top up East. I agree with you, it ruins some entrances. Taker and Wyatt's entrances weren't dark enough and completely took away from the atmosphere. There's something awesome about when it finally does become dark, though. You don't even need to look at the time. You know by looking at the light when it's nearly time for the main event.

Also Sting & Triple H. Triple H's entrance literally got ruined because that spot where he was holding the skulls in his hands was supposed to happen when the lights in the stadium "turned on". But instead you can clear as day see the guys on stage hand him the props. It was so awkward they had to edit it out of the version on the Network.

That's WWE's fault, though, they should've known that would happen.

Vince: You mean the sun doesn't fall until 11:30pm on the West Coast? God damn it.

I'm not familiar with the West Coast of the U.S. When does the sun go down there?

Vince: You mean the sun doesn't fall until 11:30pm on the West Coast? God damn it.

I'm not familiar with the West Coast of the U.S. When does the sun go down there?

During this time of the year, around 6:00 pm our time

Stupid thing is, it was getting dark towards the end - so even a couple of hours would have helped.

AJ Styles and Cesaro should become a tag team and try to revive the tag team division.

AJ Styles should not be competing for a singles title until WrestleMania season next year, so a tag team run would've been good if they hadn't blown off Styles and Jericho so soon.

Cesaro is certainly main event talent. Dude can work a match with anyone and has been getting great reactions some of the best of the nights. Thats main event.

There's a lot more to being a main eventer than great wrestling. I won't take that away from him, because he is an amazing wrestler.

However, he just lacks any sort of dynamic personality at all. Now that WWE only has one World Championship again, we aren't going to see guys like a Swagger winning the title. I say that because I think Jack is super underappreciated in the ring, but he's just not World Champion material and that's okay. Not everyone is meant to be World Champion.

Though, Roman Reigns is a two time Champion and his push is more synthetic than Luger, so what do I know? Plus, he can't talk at all..though they could hide that by booking him like Batista/Goldberg....but they won't. lol

Styles and Cesaro teaming is as pointless as Styles teaming with Jericho. Why exactly would they revive the tag division and not New Day or the numerous great teams we have on NXT?

Well, I suppose Jericho and Styles teaming made sense, as it was a nice tangent to their rivalry and presumably gives us a huge Mania match (I'm hoping 2 out of 3 falls, or submission)

With Barrett going, I'm seeing WWE replacing him in the LON with Cesaro.

Cesaro doesn't NEED a 'dynamic persona'. The crowd loves him and respond to him. And he's shown us that he can cut good intense promo's, as long as he can get to the point instead of BSing around for a half hour.

It's true what you're saying, not everyone is World Championship material...Enzo Amore is entertaining as hell, but is probably tag wrestler/midcarder for life. Cesaro does not qualify in that group...especially if the likes of Alberto, Sheamus and Roman have been declared as 'Main Event Material' despite being boring.

Top tier wrestler who gets the crowd pumped up and has a great look...yeah, that's definitely main event material in my book.

Archived