Unpopular Wrestling Opinions X

Ernez

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I don't get is how people can like WWE but have no interest in NXT. You like the promotion but have no interest in that companys future talent. Makes no sense.

NXT is the Black Eyed Peas of wrestling.

It's indie for people who don't like indie. It's puroresu for people who don't like puroresu. It's lucha for people who don't like lucha.

What? But I watch indie, puro and Lucha. So...?

What I don't get is how people can like WWE but have no interest in NXT. You like the promotion but have no interest in that companys future talent. Makes no sense.

One of my friends who doesn't watch NXT says, and I quotelol

"I don't want to watch and invest myself in talented wrestlers, only for them to be called up and used like trash."

It's indie for people who don't like indie. It's puroresu for people who don't like puroresu. It's lucha for people who don't like lucha.

Facts.

One of my friends who doesn't watch NXT says, and I quotelol

"I don't want to watch and invest myself in talented wrestlers, only for them to be called up and used like trash."

Thats such weird logic. I dont understand how people like that can watch wrestling. I cant be always miserable.

Well he didn't say that there weren't exceptions.

Well he didn't say that there weren't exceptions.

I shouldn't really have to say that, but let me clarify anyway.

By saying it's this for people who don't like that, I'm just saying that NXT takes things that hardcore fans like and waters them down a bit so that they're more digestible for casual fans. This should be common sense. The unpopular part is the Black Eyed Peas comparison. I'm saying that sometimes, they dumb things down A LOT to make them more accessible. While they might have the most stacked roster on the planet right now, the show itself is pretty average, and that includes the pay-per-views. Everything that they do is being done better somewhere else. Everything from the in-ring styles that they showcase to the production value is being done better by another promotion.

For this reason, I don't dislike NXT, but I don't watch it because it's just boring enough that the time could be better spent watching another promotion. There is so much wrestling out there today and it's all so easy to watch, but for me, NXT is that one show that doesn't quite make the cut. Most fans prefer it to the main roster, but for me that's not the case. The main roster shows still have a lot to offer me that other wrestling organizations don't. There is no other show on TV as wacky and inconsistent as Raw. It's the only one that is on live TV every single week. Nowhere else am I going to get to see iconic characters that I grew up with like Undertaker and Triple H. There's so much that makes it stand out from the rest.

I disagree. Hardcore fans like NXT because it's a lot of their favorite Indy guys on a WWE stage with their branding. NXT wasn't made for the casual fan. If it was, they'd be put on TV. It's a niche.

Yeah NXT isn't for the casual fan. And the shows aren't bad or "pretty average", most of the time they're better than the weekly ROH shows, IMO. They're just in a slow space right now, gearing up for the Dallas show and putting things in place for that show. Sure they've hit a bit of a funk the last few shows, but I think they got right back on pace with the last show and that main event.

NXT is perfect for me. Short one hour always solid to great shows that showcase different rotating talent every week with actual storylines that make sense mostly. Same can be said for Lucha Underground as well. Only difference is NXT builds to its untouchable Takeover shows which blow everything out of the water that WWE does.

NXT does not have the best weekly shows in pro-wrestling. But the weekly episodes build up perfectly to the TakeOver specials and - unlike Raw & SD - if you miss a week, you will miss some build up to the Network specials. Network specials, that ALWAYS deliver. The worst NXT TakeOver still is far from bad.

It's also booked like it should be. A defeat or a win develops a character's story further, regardless if they "look strong" or not. Take Baron Corbin for example. When he loses a TakeOver match, his character doesn't become BrayWyatt. His character get's angry at himself for losing against "some ROH guy". The way NXT handels its characters and develops stories further are the reasons why it works so well.

NXT is a different setup from WWE with different wrestlers. It makes sense that people wouldn't want to watch NXT or wouldn't find it exciting. Even its setup/presentation doesn't really make me interested in it, though only reason I don't watch it is cuz I don't have the Network.

NXT does not have the best weekly shows in pro-wrestling. But the weekly episodes build up perfectly to the TakeOver specials and - unlike Raw & SD - if you miss a week, you will miss some build up to the Network specials. Network specials, that ALWAYS deliver. The worst NXT TakeOver still is far from bad.

It's also booked like it should be. A defeat or a win develops a character's story further, regardless if they "look strong" or not. Take Baron Corbin for example. When he loses a TakeOver match, his character doesn't become BrayWyatt. His character get's angry at himself for losing against "some ROH guy". The way NXT handels its characters and develops stories further are the reasons why it works so well.

This. What an amazing concept, right? Wins and losses matter.

Some of the NXT episodes I've seen are usually swings (really good) and misses (really bad or boring), but at the end of their tunnel it has a purpose. One hour shows are great. Just like this, Lucha Underground and certainly ROH has their fair share of good one hour shows. Something that WWE and TNA should take notes of. In my opinion.

On-topic: Emma should've had a feud with Bayley for the NXT Women's title over Alexia, Nia Jax and especially over Eva Marie. I'm sure they needed someone to help build Asuka up and Emma was that girl to do it. But, still.....

Please don't say Alexia.

Emma should probably be on the main roster by now, imo.

She was, she was treated like a joke and put with Santino. She's better in NXT.

Archived