The Official Movie Discussion thread

M3J

I like John C. Reilly a lot, but Will Ferrell sucks I agree. I'm not saying I wanna see them in a Sherlock Holmes movie, but that character was always rather over the top.

Yeah, once I saw Reilly in more movies, I changed my opinion of him.

I know, just explaining my PoV. I don't really know how Sherlock is over the top though, I've always seen him as a serious, stoic character.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why. Lmao

To be honest it looks kind of dope. Alot you guys seem to like James Gunn a bunch, and he's capable of making some good movies, his track record shows. I think this movie is gonna be awesome. It's essentially a Superman horror flick, and Gunn himself refers to it as "Superhero Horror". I'm definitely going to see it.

So after peeping the Glass trailer I'm gonna ask the same question everybody else out of the loop has been asking but I wanted you guy's opinion on it. Should I watch Unbreakable and Split first (they're connected, right?) and should I peep one before the other?

I like it. Seeing people bitch already about it being low budget or whatever. His stone fist could look better...but I'm not bothered to a level of actually being upset about it. Just looks like a good cheese-fest to me. I'll enjoy it. Gonna read Hellboy on Inky Pen in the meantime.

Something else that happened today in the world of film - Deadwood was confirmed, with a couple on-set photos. Won't bother posting them, since they aren't anything too exciting. But, yeah...that shit is happening, and I'm pumped.

Edited by Generations

Saw Ralph breaks the internet last night. It was pretty good. Fell asleep during the third Act but not because it was boring XD.

Hellboy looks pretty good though

Edited by WNX

Spider-Man Into The Spiderverse was so *censored*ing cool

I just came back from seeing that movie. It was really awesome! That after-credit scene was very funny.

I also seen Bumblebee last week and it was also great. Very refreshing from the other Bay movies. No over-the-top annoying characters, no pee/sex jokes and an actual actress instead of a top model trying to act.

After the Spider-verse credit, I realized Hailee Steinfeld is in both movies.

Edited by HiryuMK

So, I was watching Home Alone 2 with my brother and my sister in-law over of the holiday, and I commented that Mr. Duncan, the Toy Chest founder was a ghost. And my brother was like "Wait, what? I've seen this movie a hundred times, and I never noticed that." So...I mean, he is, right? Kevin looks at the old oil painting of him after he gets the turtle dove ornaments...and when he looks back at the check-out desk, he's gone. Yeah? I always thought everyone read that the same way I did. :lol:

Dude is supposed to be the spirit of Christmas or some shit, yeah? He single handedly teaches Kevin about the meaning of Christmas, gives him the turtle doves, which help him form a lifelong bond with the bird lady, and then magically delivers a shitload of Christmas presents to the family's hotel on Christmas morning.