The Official Movie Discussion thread

M3J

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I don't know much about the video games, so I didn't expect people to keep beating her up like that, especially when she knows MMA?

She doesn't really have any skills in the 2013 game. It's presumed that she knows basic survival stuff, since she's an archaeologist...but that's it. She's basically just an archeology grad who embarks on what she expects to be a routine expedition...which turns into a fight for survival when she encounters all sorts of people who try to kill her. She's not a trained fighter or anything. She was all about book smarts and archaeological shit...she didn't really expect to use cqc, or fire a gun. At least, that's how I remember it. She knows more shit by the second game, because she's come to acknowledge that there is more danger than she thought there would be.

Edited by Generations

• 4 weeks later...

john-wick-3-promo-poster-450x600.png

John Wick (Keanu Reeves) is on the run for two reasons hes being hunted for a global $14 million dollar open contract on his life, and for breaking a central rule: taking a life on Continental Hotel grounds. The victim was a member of the High Table who ordered the open contract. John should have already been executed, except the Continentals manager, Winston, has given him a one-hour grace period before hes Excommunicado membership revoked, banned from all services and cut off from other members. John uses the service industry to stay alive as he fights and kills his way out of New York City.

john-wick-3-promo-poster-450x600.png

John Wick (Keanu Reeves) is on the run for two reasons hes being hunted for a global $14 million dollar open contract on his life, and for breaking a central rule: taking a life on Continental Hotel grounds. The victim was a member of the High Table who ordered the open contract. John should have already been executed, except the Continentals manager, Winston, has given him a one-hour grace period before hes Excommunicado membership revoked, banned from all services and cut off from other members. John uses the service industry to stay alive as he fights and kills his way out of New York City.

I love how they've pushed the series this far. I didn't think it'd go to a third movie.

Yeah, I had strong negative feelings about them making a second one. Then I watched it and it was great. So, I'm supporting the third one now. They clearly know what they're doing. And Keanu deserves a full movie trilogy that is quality all the way through. Matrix certainly didn't make it that far. :lol:

I really hope they leave it with Chapter 3, but I have every faith in the creators and Reeves and am positive they'll deliver. I know they are planning a TV show about The Continental hotel, but I'd like that to be far removed from Mr. Wick.

Just watched Dunkirk, finally.

It was good, but it dragged a bit.

And the sound mixing wasn't great, IMO. When it comes to war movies, I want quality sound mixing, so that I can put the bass all the way up (for explosions, gunfire, and engine sounds), find a nice mid-range for the dialogue, and have subtle ambiance on my rear speakers. I really didn't find any of that to be possible for this movie. It was a lot of forward-chugging dramatic bass, and highly orchestrated backing track that washed over everything. Which was all great for what it was...but, made it impossible to find the kind of middle ground that I look for. I tried to tweak it for about half the film before finally just giving up.

Edited by Generations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jamie Foxx has been cast as Al Simmons/Spawn in Todd Mcfarlane's live-action Spawn reboot. Mcfarlane co-founded image comics and created Spawn and is now directing/writing the new film as a hard R rated dark story film produced by Jason Blum and his Blumhouse Productions

Edited by Lord Drakkon

One my favorite group and 2 days before my birthday!

Wow this is the first I'm hearing of this. Big fan of both Queen and Freddie Mercury so I'll definitely be checking this out.

Not heard much about it, but like you I'm a huge Queen / Freddie fan so I'm looking forward to it. Rami certainly looks the part.