The Official Movie Discussion thread

M3J

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, I would love a Streets of Rage movie that plays out like The Warriors...

I was.literally.thinking of.that after I.posted when I was running.down the fighting game movies that come to mind off top. It kinda contradicts the.script idea I had for.it.years ago bit yeah I'd prolly work.

Ready to Rumble was fun tho, Tekken was not. I believe there's a Tekken 2, haven't seen it. KoF was definitely forgettable. DoA to an extent I actually liked, but wouldn't go out of my way to watch again. If I was a bigger fan of the series I'da hated it. I dunno what it is they just can't get right.about tournaments

And I could've sworn they greenlit an MK reboot after the initial MK Legacy trailer and it just quietly slipped away

Edited by WNX

Hell, I would love a Streets of Rage movie that plays out like The Warriors...

I was.literally.thinking of.that after I.posted when I was running.down the fighting game movies that come to mind off top. It kinda contradicts the.script idea I had for.it.years ago bit yeah I'd prolly work.

Ready to Rumble was fun tho, Tekken was not. I believe there's a Tekken 2, haven't seen it. KoF was definitely forgettable. DoA to an extent I actually liked, but wouldn't go out of my way to watch again. If I was a bigger fan of the series I'da hated it. I dunno what it is they just can't get right.about tournaments

And I could've sworn they greenlit an MK reboot after the initial MK Legacy trailer and it just quietly slipped away

The DoA movie was actually good for what it was. The characters were greatly casted, the Story was ok and the fighting Scenes were great. I even bought the Soundtrack back then because I loved the Music in it. :)

The tekken movies unfortunately were even partially well casted not as good as the animated movies, the same goes for the SF series.

As about current movies: I recently watched the Killers Bodyguard with Ryan Reinolds and Samuel Jackson and I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys Action movies.

It was fast paced, very funny, amazing characters and awesome Action in it. :)

Also watched Kingsman the golden circle which was also a good Sequel in my opinion.

its a shame that King Arthur failed so badly. i've always been interested with the Arthur/Excalibur mythology. i hope K.A doesn't scare Hollywood from making other Arthur/Excalibur movies in the future. maybe they should read more of the mythology books. or sit and watch John Boorman's Excalibur from 1981. that movie was pure gold.

Have you ever seen the Clive Owen King Arthur movie? It was alright, not great but not bad at all. I won't spoil it too much for you but it was a bit different, instead Arthur was a Roman officer and he and his knights were fighting against cool Viking looking barbarians for their freedom.

its a shame that King Arthur failed so badly. i've always been interested with the Arthur/Excalibur mythology. i hope K.A doesn't scare Hollywood from making other Arthur/Excalibur movies in the future. maybe they should read more of the mythology books. or sit and watch John Boorman's Excalibur from 1981. that movie was pure gold.

Have you ever seen the Clive Owen King Arthur movie? It was alright, not great but not bad at all. I won't spoil it too much for you but it was a bit different, instead Arthur was a Roman officer and he and his knights were fighting against cool Viking looking barbarians for their freedom.

"Cool Viking barbarians"

Yeah those would be Saxons... ya know, one of the most major European cultures in history. But sure, Viking barbarians.

Watched 'Magnificent 7' (2016) earlier...

Wasn't expecting much, based on it being a remake of a classic...as well as the fact that most reviews were around a 6/10...not that I care about reviews, but I happened to see that right before I watched it. But, yeah...I really thought it was a perfectly solid movie. Vincent D'onofrio had a fun character. After Daredevil...and now this movie, I've taken a liking to him. Also, I only just now came to realize that he was the psycho in movie 'The Cell'...which I haven't seen in ages.

Edited by Generations

saw Kingsman 2 tonight at the theater. enjoyed the hell out of it.

didn't expect Eggsy to actually get into a relationship with the Swedish Princess after having buttsex as a reward for saving the world in the first movie lol. made me sad Merlin had to die.

Watched 'Magnificent 7' (2016) earlier...

Wasn't expecting much, based on it being a remake of a classic...as well as the fact that most reviews were around a 6/10...not that I care about reviews, but I happened to see that right before I watched it. But, yeah...I really thought it was a perfectly solid movie. Vincent D'onofrio had a fun character. After Daredevil...and now this movie, I've taken a liking to him. Also, I only just now came to realize that he was the psycho in movie 'The Cell'...which I haven't seen in ages.

tell me you saw Full Metal Jacket.

Edited by Mr.Dreadful

didn't expect Eggsy to actually get into a relationship with the Swedish Princess after having buttsex as a reward for saving the world in the first movie lol. made me sad Merlin had to die.

I didn't care to see Roxy's death, but hopefully she will some how be able to come back like Harry did

I didn't care to see Roxy's death, but hopefully she will some how be able to come back like Harry did

that was sad in way cause it seemed like Eggsy and Roxy had like a brother/sister kinda bond through out the first movie which carried over into the new one.

Kingsman 2:

Those Kingsman agent deaths hurt me lmao. Nice touch on the golden circle motif with the wedding rings in the end.

roxys death bummed me out. but Merlin's death hit me in the feels hard. they way he went out singing Country Road, looking back and forth at Eggsy and Harry giving each other a nod. man, ...them feels is coming back, im gonna stop now lol

Of course it's a cash cow, doesn't mean the quality's really that good.

Close to a 70% aint bad for the 8th film in a franchise. If youre going by critical reception...

If youre not, the audience reception is even higher. So either way, the qualitys really not that bad. My point still stands that there is no logical reason not to make more.

Edited by Respect The Beard

Only got like one or two more movies left anyway I think. Forgot what the contract report said months back.

Ugh.

Of course it's a cash cow, doesn't mean the quality's really that good.

Close to a 70% aint bad for the 8th film in a franchise. If youre going by critical reception...

If youre not, the audience reception is even higher. So either way, the qualitys really not that bad. My point still stands that there is no logical reason not to make more.

I'm not talking about critical reception though, I'm talking about the entertainment value, for me. And I don't find it that entertaining to see Diesel get trapped into some sort of horrible situation and still make it out or survive, all the time. I know he is the franchise, but there can always be two like there was when Paul was alive.

tl;dr: Diesel wank and it being less about cars/racing make FnF annoying for me. And I dislike wanks in general, even if I do like the character or actor.