The Official Movie Discussion thread

M3J

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and Amazing Spider-Man 3 and Sinister Six were scheduled at one point too. A sequel to 2016 Ghostbusters was scheduled at one point.

Was that not confirmed recently?

I think the Dark Universe is done too.

• 2 weeks later...

Jared Leto and Harley Quinn are set to reprise their roles as the Joker and Harley Quinn in a new movie.

Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, directors and executive producers of the hit NBC drama This Is Us and who also wrote and helmed the 2011 film Crazy, Stupid, Love, are in final negotiations to pen and helm an untitled movie project focusing on the two Batman villains.

The film is set to take place after the sequel to Suicide Squad , according to the Hollywood Reporter.

It is described as an “an insane and twisted love story. When Harry Met Sally on benzedrine.”

The film comes after it was recently announced that a new Joker movie based on the character’s origins is in the pipeline.

Martin Scorsese is due to direct the origins story and it is thought that the tone of the film with be “a gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film” in the style of Scorsese’s Taxi Driver which will be set in Gotham City.

The film is thought to have been touted as a stand-alone project which is unconnected to the extended DC Universe – which could mean that Leto won’t reprise The Joker in the new film.

Meanwhile, Leto previously refused to confirm whether he will return as the Joker in the Suicide Squad sequel.

“Talking about Joker is like talking about Fight Club: unless you want to gargle your testicles, it’s probably better to leave it,” he said. “He’s liable to jump out of the cupboard and just start having fun.”

But this latest development all but confirms he will reprise his role in the Suicide Squad sequel too.

Leto is also set to star in the forthcoming Blade Runner 2049.

“Making Blade Runner was incredible, it was a dream,” he said. “For me, Blade Runner is one of the best films of all time.”

He also said his co-stars in the film – Harrison Ford and Ryan Gosling – were “fantastic”.

http://www.nme.com/news/film/new-joker-and-harley-quinn-movie-announced-2128080?utm_content=manual&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nme

Is Knight Rider some treasured franchise?

It has a cult following...like most things, I suppose. Still, really doesn't warrant a movie in this era. It's definitely one of those things that I really don't think anyone was asking for, or even thought that they might want. Lol.

It would be like...if they randomly made a Mr. Bean revival without Rowan Atkinson. That's the extent of my UK television knowledge, so that's the only example I have for you. Although, it's a really shit example...but, I tried. :lol:

Edited by Generations

Is Knight Rider some treasured franchise?

It has a cult following...like most things, I suppose. Still, really doesn't warrant a movie in this era. It's definitely one of those things that I really don't think anyone was asking for, or even thought that they might want. Lol.

It would be like...if they randomly made a Mr. Bean revival without Rowan Atkinson. That's the extent of my UK television knowledge, so that's the only example I have for you. Although, it's a really shit example...but, I tried. :lol:

Oh hell no Mr. Bean is an institution! That's doesn't really have a cult following, it's still huge.

Who ever thought we'd have Baywatch and Knight Rider in 2017...and both with WWE guys. :lol:

What's next, Dean Ambrose as 'Renegade'? Nattie as Xena? Lmao.

Actually NBC Cancelled plans to bring back Xena

Really? Considering we have this outcry for "more women on TV" I'm surprised. I used to like the old Xena TV series. A modern day interpretation could have been cool.

From the 80s sure, but has its fandom lasted? Is it still regarded as a great piece of fiction or is it just a fun 'of the time' thing? The idea of a smart car and a ... detective? kinda lends itself to a 2017 re-telling. If I'm correct wasn't Knight Rider incredibly cheesy? They could do a serious version or bring the humour into the 21st century.

Edited by Creep.

Who ever thought we'd have Baywatch and Knight Rider in 2017...and both with WWE guys. :lol:

What's next, Dean Ambrose as 'Renegade'? Nattie as Xena? Lmao.

Actually NBC Cancelled plans to bring back Xena

Really? Considering we have this outcry for "more women on TV" I'm surprised. I used to like the old Xena TV series. A modern day interpretation could have been cool.

would've been tough to replace lucy though

From the 80s sure, but has its fandom lasted? Is it still regarded as a great piece of fiction or is it just a fun 'of the time' thing? The idea of a smart car and a ... detective? kinda lends itself to a 2017 re-telling. If I'm correct wasn't Knight Rider incredibly cheesy? They could do a serious version or bring the humour into the 21st century.

yes it does still have a cult following today. as far as it being cheesy, it was and it wasn't.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching It's a Wonderful Life in color, and it's ugly. Colorizing black and white movies is a bad idea, it takes away the magic and changes the mood and setting too much. Though maybe I might change my tune if the colorization was done pretty well.