• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mr.Dreadful said:

Super Mario is gonna be EPIC!

and *Censored* these assholes on twitter wishing death on Chris Pratt. all the Pratt hate is completely unwarranted.

Yeah. I have no issues with Chris Pratt as Mario. Those haters love to piss and moan for the hell of it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 5:51 AM, Graeme Jones said:

Yeah. I have no issues with Chris Pratt as Mario. Those haters love to piss and moan for the hell of it.

I don't have any issues with Chris Pratt. I certainly don't wish any harm on him. But I will say...they did Charles Martinet INCREDIBLY dirty. - (How you could even think about casting a generic Hollywood actor over the official voice of Mario is really a headscratcher). - I get it. Marquee name. Slapping Chris Pratt's name on a poster "means something". But, this would have meant the world to Charles Martinet. It was his role. It's just a load of corporate bullshit at the end of the day. Voice actors need to be cherished in the same way that physical actors are. It's not fair at all for them to be replaced when "the big one" comes around, just because their name is "not marketable". 

Also, this is a good time to address the obsession with making every single movie this kind of tongue-in-cheek, generic humor. Chris Pratt is definitely more suited for this brand of comedy. Arguably someone like Charles Martinet would have struggled with the role in the way they have chose to represent it. BUT...how did we get here anyway? Why does every animated movie need to have this "Minions" humor?

For the record, the movie looks great. I'm sure I will laugh plenty while watching it. - I don't expect it to be bad. Honestly, I expect it to be great. BUT...the generic humor situation is real. I don't think every movie needs to be like that. (Same with the generic "epic" stuff). Feels like every "kids" movie these days does little more than combine Minions humor with over-the-top "epic" cinematography. 

*Upon close inspection of IMDB, I do see that Charles Martinet is featured as a voice to some degree. Not sure how he will be used. But...at least he wasn't snubbed entirely. STILL...I don't agree with it.

Edited by Generations

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like the Avatar franchise should just be video games. Like...they should have made the first movie, then put all that time that they spent on the upcoming sequels into developing a really good video game in the style of God of War, or Horizon. Then just expanded on that. - I really don't think people want to see 5 damn Avatar movies. I haven't seen the second one yet, but I don't think we even needed a second one.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Generations said:

Finally saw the 2021 Ghostbusters movie. Liked it quite a bit. 

I love Ghostbusters Afterlife. The Egon tribute was well done. Was glad they didn't give him an A.I voice or used voice clip. 

^ First thing I did after I saw it was go and look up whether a sequel was coming...was happy to see there is. Wasn't sure how well it did critically or if people liked it as much as I did. Glad to see there will be more. I think both Ghostbusters and TMNT seem to be in the best place they have been in a while.

Edited by Generations

27 minutes ago, Generations said:

^ First thing I did after I saw it was go and look up whether a sequel was coming...was happy to see there is. Wasn't sure how well it did critically or if people liked it as much as I did. Glad to see there will be more. I think both Ghostbusters and TMNT seem to be in the best place they have been in a while.

Oh there is a sequel to Afterlife coming? Sweet! I did not know that lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I last watched two 70's movies in bad quality on YouTube, due to people's laziness of publishing awful 480p dog shit. One called Terror at Red Wolf Inn which was too slow paced. It's about a college girl who wins a phoney contest to stay at a resort operated by this weird guy and his grandparents, with lots of scenes of them eating food and talking about brandy. Can you guess what the food is made of?

The other was also a bit slow, but somewhat good once it got going. Rituals with Hal Holbrook, who you'll know from The Fog. It's about five doctors who go camping in Canada, but they get attacked by some mostly unseen person, who doesn't really reveal himself until near the end when they end up in a cabin, where a blind man lives. While walking through a river, one of them gets his foot caught in a trap, so the survivors have to carry him up a mountain, arguing with each other all the way about whether they ought to go on ahead without him.

Lawrence Dane from Scanners is in this film as well. It's okay.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 1:27 PM, Generations said:

Man...they really cooked.

Looks like a perfect Godzilla movie to me.

Just watched it today blind, not having seen any trailers or promos for it.

You're right.

• 1 month later...