The Official Movie Discussion thread

M3J

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd watch Godzilla KotM ahead of watching GvK.

Jheeez, what a load of sh** that was! Filled with so much melodrama and clichés it was laughable. Genuinely horrendous. Characters and story was reaaaallly poor too.

Makes me hesitant to bother watching Kong Skull Island. Are they all this poorly done? Or are the later films any better? 

Edit: Kong was better. 

Edited by Kman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This morning I watched 'Summer Rental' (the 1985 John Candy movie).

Man...I literally haven't seen that movie since I was a child. I probably "watched" that when I was like 3 or 4 years old, and then never thought about it again.

Truly a great movie. And I actually did recall it while I was watching it (not lines or anything)...but a vague sense of deja vu, like..."yeah, I know this movie".

Edited by Generations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 6:41 PM, Generations said:

This morning I watched 'Summer Rental' (the 1985 John Candy movie).

Man...I literally haven't seen that movie since I was a child. I probably "watched" that when I was like 3 or 4 years old, and then never thought about it again.

Truly a great movie. And I actually did recall it while I was watching it (not lines or anything)...but a vague sense of deja vu, like..."yeah, I know this movie".

Summer Rental is a fantastic movie, I have it on DVD and I watch that a lot. Who's Harry Crumb? is another good John Candy film, as well as Uncle Buck (my favourite JC movie) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...