The Official Movie Discussion thread

M3J

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching Terminator Dark Fate and now I'm left wishing that I didnt even bother. The longer the movie went on, the more it felt like a chore to finish watching. This killed the last little bit of interest that I had left for this franchise.

The only part of that whole suckfest that I liked was the 1st scene with 1998 CGI Sarah and John Connor. Then it pissed me off when I realized that THIS piece of crap was supposed to be the direct sequel to Terminator2.

Edited by Spamming Nooblet

I'm not sure how I'm just hearing about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1vccr3yWBU

I know that there's a live action movie currently being made but, I never knew about an animated one.

Oh and the Fast & Furious 9 trailer will be up this Friday.

Because why not more of those?....

Edited by Spamming Nooblet

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It was a good movie, but it also makes me wonder if the original director was planning to kill him off from the get-go or if he did it to spite the people who continued the franchise without him. 

On 3/15/2020 at 8:38 PM, Scott Eastwood said:

Saw Onward Today it was a decent film

I just have no motivation to see this. I used to love the Pixar films, and always looked forward to seeing them. I think that passion died when they made Cars 2, tbh. Like...the only Pixar movie that ever should have had seqels was Toy Story, tbh (and maybe Bug's Life would be cool at some point). But, the whole thing with them just cranking stuff out really became repulsory to me. Finding Dory, Frozen 2, Cars 2 and 3...none of those ever needed to exist, tbh. And while I'll see Onward at some point (probably if it gets added to Disney+)...yeah...it just doesn't look "special" to me. It looks more like one of those generic Dreamworks movies than Pixar of old. 

10 hours ago, Generations said:

I just have no motivation to see this. I used to love the Pixar films, and always looked forward to seeing them. I think that passion died when they made Cars 2, tbh. Like...the only Pixar movie that ever should have had seqels was Toy Story, tbh (and maybe Bug's Life would be cool at some point). But, the whole thing with them just cranking stuff out really became repulsory to me. Finding Dory, Frozen 2, Cars 2 and 3...none of those ever needed to exist, tbh. And while I'll see Onward at some point (probably if it gets added to Disney+)...yeah...it just doesn't look "special" to me. It looks more like one of those generic Dreamworks movies than Pixar of old. 

I actually didn't like Toy Story 4. Also Disney requires they do a certain amount of sequels,  for merchandising purposes. both Toy Story and Cars sell a ton toys.   I would love to see a bug's life sequel but I'm afraid it wont happen.  I will say about Onward it's more about their Journey/Adventure then it is about comedy. The person working on it, drew from his own experience of losing his father at young age.  I would say it's not my favorite Pixar film but no were near the worse. Also have you seen the How to Train your dragon franchise? probably my favorite Dreamworks

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, WNX said:

FINALLY saw the John Wick series and I'm prolly the very last one to do so. It as super fun

Congrats. There's at least one more to go, and I'm super excited. Should be super fun. 

Next on movies that I've missed: Midsommar and Knives Out. Midsommar was weird as *Censored*, didn't know William Jackson Harper was in it so that's cool. Knives Out was excellent, had me hooked through every twist.