The Official Movie Discussion thread

M3J

Zombieland 2 looks 100% worth skipping.

Literally same jokes/setting and concept as the first. An amusement park, a mansion, a gift shop...introduction of new characters who are meant to represent the original characters in some "freaky Friday" scenario. Pass. I mean...I'll watch it when it's free to watch on a streaming service or on demand on cable. But I'm entirely certain that I don't need to spend a dime to see it before then.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched Alita: Battle Angel, really enjoyed it. Forgot it was based on a manga from the 90s, and that it was James Cameron's project lol. It deserves a sequel(s) more than Avatar, especially since apparently the CG tech for Avatar was Cameron's practice before he could do Alita justice

I really liked Alita, Im looking forward to watching it again. It kinda loses the wheels out from under it regarding pacing on the third act, but every action sequence was so much fun and I really liked the world they created for it. Its probably gonna end up being a cult classic.

Guest Fight Me.

Once Upon A Time was alright. Great characters, great dialogue, but the story seemed all over the place for me. And Margot Robbie's character got so pushed to the side, despite how important she is to the story.

Once Upon A Time was alright. Great characters, great dialogue, but the story seemed all over the place for me. And Margot Robbie's character got so pushed to the side, despite how important she is to the story.

I saw that this weekend with a friend, and I agree it. I also felt like they could of cut some scenes out, and it would still be a good film, without it being to long

Watched the Lion King last night. Visual spectacle, great score, so that I loved. The animators need raises, asap. But on the flip side this was a huge hit to my nostalgia.

The musical numbers seemed lackluster and often times out of place. Honestly wasn't the biggest fan of Beyonce's Nala. Can't explain it, something about her delivery. There were alot of scenes that triggered emotions for me in the original that failed to do so in the remake and very little of the film overall made this version a better one over the former. I enjoyed it, but I'd never have an interest in watching it a second time

Watched Police Story, Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice, Paris Texas, and Good Time over the weekend. Legitimately loved all of then. I dont watch a ton of action movies, but still Police Story has got to be one of the best action movies Ive ever seen. Paris, Texas is obviously a masterpiece.

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly how long has Tom Holland been attached to the Uncharted movie? This is the first I'm hearing of this

May 2017 lol
Well sheeit, XD