The Official Movie Discussion thread

M3J

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the film itself was average, nothing bad but very predictable

Saw Spider man into the spider verse loved every minute of it.

thought this would be great

Top 10 films I saw in 2018

1.Boy Erased

2.American Animals

3.Halloween

4.Avengers: Infinity War

5.Mary Poppins Returns

6.Isle of Dogs

7.Bad Times at the El Royale

8.Deadpool 2

9.Love, Simon

10.Incredibles 2

Honorable Mentions
Black Panther
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Game Night
Christopher Robin
Blockers
Paddington 2
Crazy Rich Asians
Overlord
Searching...

Beautiful Boy

Worst Films I saw in 2018

1.Fifty Shades Freed

2.Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

3.Unsane

I'm no fan of Power Rangers, but you barely saw the Rangers fight in that movie. It wanted to do some sort of Breakfast Club thing with those kids, but that movie missed the mark on the one thing people actually wanted to see. Action. There was like 10 minutes of it.

Not a bad movie, just poorly paced and directionless.

I'm no fan of Power Rangers, but you barely saw the Rangers fight in that movie. It wanted to do some sort of Breakfast Club thing with those kids, but that movie missed the mark on the one thing people actually wanted to see. Action. There was like 10 minutes of it.

Nah. There are already 5000+ hours of mindless Power Rangers action out there and that is without Super Sentai and Kamen Raider. People wanted something nostalgic, but unique and new from the movie and that's what we got. Not what was expected, but not a bad thing really

Except that studio didn't make the movie to please the old/pre-existing fans. They had that core audience no matter what they did. The goal of any remake or reboot is to pull in a new audience and without the Power Ranger action, the biggest complaint that I saw was about the lack of action. They are super powered ninjas...and they didn't act like it. It would be like rebooting X-Men and not having mutant fights because we've already seen countless hours of it before. That is not the point, the Power Ranger action is the sole reason for this franchise and this reboot to exist.

Edited by Creepia

Eh. I disagree. From what I could tell people didn't want a reboot if it was going to be more of the usual. Sure, people also wanted more action, but I've only ever seen that as a minor critic, not a movie breaking complain

They were more focused on the entirety of the franchise as opposed to just this singular introduction. They were already planning like six movies when they were writing this which is probably why they went so heavy on the chemistry instead of action building a foundation for the series and giving fans something to look forward to. It was risky but I guess it paid off

Is it? I'm relieved, it was sweet to see the rangers fight with and use superhuman strength without the suit/armor. Plus, Naomi Scott is hot

I'm crushing on the red ranger, it was confirmed in April of 2018

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/59702/power-rangers-movie-sequel

nice, I'm looking forward to the movie/s!

If they were planning on a series, then it was a decent gamble, I guess. It has more character depth to it than the shows, and I'm okay with that. Hopefully we've got enough world building that we'll see more action next movie.