The Official Movie Discussion thread

M3J

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very disappointed with both ocean's 8 and Jurassic park. The original ocean's trilogy are among my favorite movies all time. Jurassic park, meh, but my girlfriend loves dinosaurs so I watch em.

However, Tag was absolutely hilarious. I highly recommend giving it a watch if you want a laugh.

Guest Fight Me.

"First Purge" was decent, probably one of the better ones in the series. The announcement of "The Purge" TV show during the credits was cool as hell, I trust USA Network to deliver something good.

That second Predator trailer has me much more intrigued. The introduction to mega-Predator made me sit up in my seat. :lol: I can already guess how the plot is going to unfold, but it looks okay and I'm more than ready for another fun ride with Predator.

I missed this news when it was reported, but John Wick 3 is called John Wick 3; Parabellum. According to wiki para bellum comes from a latin phrase and means "prepare for war.' Cannot freaking wait! I've been waiting for a Batista casting announcement for JW3 for no real reason other than it seems like a perfect movie for him right now. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Cardinal Creepia

Incredibles 2 was...

dare I say it?

INCREDIBLE! *Gets rocks thrown at him*

Hey, if I openly admit that I'm the only person left that hasn't seen either John Wick, what happens? *Gets rocks thrown at him* Eh, not so bad

Incredibles 2 was...

dare I say it?

INCREDIBLE! *Gets rocks thrown at him*

Hey, if I openly admit that I'm the only person left that hasn't seen either John Wick, what happens? *Gets rocks thrown at him* Eh, not so bad

Do yourself a favour and watch it. Its bad ass.

Honestly I cant think of a film which has as simple plot as the first film and executed it so well in recent years. John Wick 2 is easily just as good if not better with the world building they do for the assassins.

JW was a sleeper hit and IMO is one of the best movies of the decade. Simple story with excellent filmmaking, action and storytelling. Chapter 2 is just as good and expands a little more on the world of assassins. I would reccommend it to anyone.

Of my incredibly small list of films I wanna see but haven't gotten the chance, that series is up there right beside both(?) of the Raid films. I haven't heard one negative thing about any of those four. One day I'll get around to it

And that's "more importantly" because the action scenes are not just mindless action. They advance the characters, the entire plot and nothing is done for the simple glorification. That's where the directors' stunt background comes into it.

I've seen so many clips and references at least from the first John Wick that I've prolly already seen all the action scenes XD. But yes, watching it in context with the revolving story will help tons. Next time I'm off I'll try to track the first one down