The Official Movie Discussion thread

M3J

^ Ah. Personally, I haven't seen any of them. The first one looks intriguing to me, though, so I might check it out eventually.

Based on your last viewing of the series, what would say is your favorite?

Phantasm 2, as far as I remember... but the original was good, too.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw Constantine and John Wick, and I want sequels now. Fun movies, and Rachel Weisz was great to watch as well.

Saw Arsenic and Old Lace again, and I liked it more the second time around. Cary's facial expressions and the two aunts are the life of this movie.

Anyone watch American Ultra? I love the movie so much, it has great action and awesome comedy! Also, I can't believe I've been sleeping on the Rocky series. Apart from few things in 5, the series as whole has been great!

Watching 1900 right now, and while I'm not gonna watch Part II until tomorrow... HOLY SHIT at the movie. Didn't expect it to be so sexual or so naked for its time, but I guess Italian film industry isn't as prude as America's. So far though, other than some shocking moments I like the movie.

Watching 1900 right now, and while I'm not gonna watch Part II until tomorrow... HOLY SHIT at the movie. Didn't expect it to be so sexual or so naked for its time, but I guess Italian film industry isn't as prude as America's. So far though, other than some shocking moments I like the movie.

Is this your first Bernardo Bertolucci film?

Is this your first Bernardo Bertolucci film?

According to Wikipedia, yes. And apparently, this isn't even his most controversial film. I think The Last Tango in Paris is?

^ Could be. I haven't seen it myself; I'm only familiar with the notoriety that surrounds the film. Two of his prior films, The Conformist and The Spider's Stratagem I've been hankering to see, though.

Is it related to the anal scene that Wiki talked about? Never knew just how liberal European cinema was. Even Two for the Road showed extramarital affairs!

^ Could be. I haven't seen it myself; I'm only familiar with the notoriety that surrounds the film. Two of his prior films, The Conformist and The Spider's Stratagem I've been hankering to see, though.

Is it related to the anal scene that Wiki talked about? Never knew just how liberal European cinema was. Even Two for the Road showed extramarital affairs!

Yeah and the backstory behind that scene.

You'll be astounded by some of Walerian Borowczyk's films, particularly The Beast.

Why so?

Well, without going into too much detail since it would be inappropriate for a place like this, The Beast contains quite a bit of graphic sexual content and nudity. In particular, the film's climax features the titular character himself involved in an incredibly absurd sexual encounter with the female lead. The opening is also very graphic and completely outrageous but that's all I'll say about that... I think it's best to go in totally blind and having no clue what you're about to see.

I'll see if my library has it.

It's funny, whenever I watch a sex scene without much nudity in a Hollywood movie, I'm fine with it. When I see some kissing in a Bollywood movie, I feel a bit uncomfortable.

I'm sad they didn't have a DVD version of The Kid, but YouTube got the job done. Probably one of Charlie Chaplin's best movies. They didn't have enough Gene Kelly movies, unfortunately. :( Or James Stewart, Cary Grant, or Jean Arthur.

Have you seen You Can't Take It With You yet? I keep checking out that movie so many times. X_X

ah, I think you're missing out. I like the comedies in most of his movies, and there's that magical feel-good emotion at the end of each movie. Makes you feel hope and all. I wish we had those kinds of endings, tbh