The Official Movie Discussion thread

M3J

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, Cleopatra was okay... or was that Claudette's version I saw?

Cecil B. DeMille's epics are great to watch. And unrelated to him, anyone watch Ben-Hur? The 1959 one? The newest one, I heard, tanked, which isn't shocking. I'm sure most epics in this day and age are doomed to fail.

That sort of stuff doesn't completely interest me, though I should give it a try.

Creed was a great movie too. Also, could be due to Kate Beckinsale, but I found Underworld and Van Helsing to be quite underrated.

Watch it again, then.

Watched Broadway Melody of 1940 and I must say, while Fred is a pretty good dancer, I missed Gene Kelly. Shame he and Eleanor never danced together, I"m sure they'd have blown Fred and Eleanor out of the water. There's just something about Gene that makes you want to watch and mimic his dancing.

I delved into a little gem entitled, "The Zombie King". A soul crushing dramatic piece of one searching for bringing back ones long lost love. The performances were top notch and may I say, Mr. Feldmans best performance to date. Sorry Mr. Day-Lewis but your days of being the top actor in Hollywood are OVER. Brilliant. Cory/10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRn2pGAFE78

Watch it again, then.

Watched Broadway Melody of 1940 and I must say, while Fred is a pretty good dancer, I missed Gene Kelly. Shame he and Eleanor never danced together, I"m sure they'd have blown Fred and Eleanor out of the water. There's just something about Gene that makes you want to watch and mimic his dancing.

Not worth paying for again.

:lol: Yeah. First, I was thrown off and then later after the movie, I looked it up and discovered that's the way Stevenson intended it to be pronounced.

The only other film that I can recall that has someone saying the name correctly is The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Miss Osbourne where Patrick Magee is literally the only person who pronounces it right.

A couple days ago they were filming some of the new Transformer movie at the historical dockyard in my town. I saw a couple of the cars which was nice as well as Mark Wahlberg running around. Thankfully the upstairs of my work looks over the dockyard so I had a good view. Not sure what they were doing here, maybe in the next movie one of the old World War 2 war ships is a Decepticon or something lmao

Edited by Creep.

So it's almost that time of the year, what horror films do you guys plan on watching in October?

All of my usual favorites, of course...

A Nightmare on Elm Street

Halloween

Friday the 13th

Hellraiser

Evil Dead

Etc. Etc.

Edited by NegativeCreep

Why did they change the pronunciation of his name?

I have no clue.

So it's almost that time of the year, what horror films do you guys plan on watching in October?

Halloween

Friday the 13th

Hellraiser

Evil Dead

Etc. Etc.

You a fan of the Phantasm series?

Halloween

Friday the 13th

Hellraiser

Evil Dead

Etc. Etc.

You a fan of the Phantasm series?

They used to entertain me back in the day, but it has been a long long time since I've watched any of them. Just the sight of tall man used to scare the living hell out of me. lol