FXW (All original federation) - The Beginning! First wrestler complete and uploaded

DeluX

"The Reaper" Carlos Silva

reaper01.jpgreaper02.jpg

reaper03.jpgreaper04.jpg

Details:

Finishers: El Diablo (Curb Stomp), El Verdugo (Houston Hangover)

Full entrance and moveset complete.

Uploaded to CC, tags:

Original

'The Reaper' Carlos Silva

Mexico

High Flyer

DLX 316

• 1 month later...

He looks like someone from Ru Paul's Drag Race.

Spoken like someone who's only got 3 posts under his belt. General rule of thumb around these parts is if you have nothing constructive to say, keep your pie hole shut. At least he's actually posted something. As far as I see, chances are your lame-duck ass will probably never contribute a single piece of content. And good thing...because your CAWs probably would look like a 12 year old made it. Kinda matches your level of maturity.

ANYWAY, now that I dealt with the trash...allow me to offer some veteran words of advice.

Colors: The color palette you've chosen is a bit bland. Red/black is a tried and true for many creators, myself included. But the key to the red/black color palette is variation. You want the colors to grab the attention of people. Easiest way of doing so is contrast. The colors don't need to be uniform across the entire attire. Make the red pale on some pieces. Go for dark gray instead of black on others. It's called "color leveling" in the world of art. Having the same color with different shades and contrasts are more eye catching then the same color all over the place.

Attire: I'm guessing you're going for the alternative "goth" look for him. There's many ways of pulling that look off with more flair then your chosen clothing combination. First and foremost, he has WAY to much arm gear on. If you're looking for a believable looking character, stick to realistic conventions. All that arm gear takes away from the attire. That's the 1st thing I noticed, and when 1 aspect of a CAW's attire dominates the entire thing, it draws away from the "personality". For an original CAW, the attire is the 1st means of showing off a character's persona...since they're fictional. So you wanna take advantage of making an attire that IS the character, and not just slap stuff on and call it a day. Also, logos are your friend. You may not be skilled with Photoshop or GIMP, but you can browse the web and find resources to use. Using the in game logos is...and I don't say this to offend...lazy. If you're looking to really make a go at being a mainstay original CAW creator, NEVER use in game logos aside from simple designs to mask over unwanted elements.

Face: From the symmetry of his face I can tell you used a default face. Not a bad thing to do if you're still figuring how face morphing works...but you have to take the time to sculpt it into something unique. It took me all but a week to figure out how the face shaping works. Mind you, I haven't mastered it because this is the 1st game in the series to use this kind of face morphing...but I know what I'm doing with it. Take the time to learn how it works. Develop your own style...and eventually you'll start producing better looking faces. Trust me on that.

Overall, it's not a bad start. Part of being an original creator is developing your own style. Original CAW making is subjective, yes. But there are uniform things that ALL original creators adhere to. What I stated about are only bits and pieces. The stuff you need to take into consideration for now. As you continue to advance in your craft and come up with your own art style, more will fall into place. And us veteran creators will answer questions and offer tips within reason, so never be afraid or ashamed enough to ask. Keep creating & honing your craft. And never let asshats like Villain Parade dissuade you with their saddle-brained negativity.

Archived