Could custom soundtracks be back for WWE 2k17 on PS4/XB1? (interesting tidbit)

xphen0m

Im surprised they dont have music dlc. I could see them charging 99cebts a song abd making money. AJ styles just debuted in wwe, download his entrance theme now! Like cody rhodes old dashing theme? 99cents! L.O.D? 99cents! New age outlaws? 99cents! Nwo? 99cents!

They're not EA

True....ufc got tons of FREE dlc and updates

Im surprised they dont have music dlc. I could see them charging 99cebts a song abd making money. AJ styles just debuted in wwe, download his entrance theme now! Like cody rhodes old dashing theme? 99cents! L.O.D? 99cents! New age outlaws? 99cents! Nwo? 99cents!

They're not EA

And was released with almost no content. Less than 2K15.

Still say a personal upload bank (like we have for logos) is the best option for music...can someone give me a serious reason why that wouldn't work?

I guess due to the file sizes? The logo uploader doesn't work half the time and I'm not sure if larger files could be handled by the server.

USA music copyrights are different too from images.

Biggest reason, yes.

Copyright wouldn't be an issue, because I'm not talking about CC...I'm talking about your personal uploads, which can only be accessed by you. There is no infringement if you're uploading music that you own, directly to your own private (only accessible by you) 2K17 server...just like you can send whatever you want to your own copy of the game when it comes to logos...you only get banned or whatever if you upload bad stuff to the community server.

Still say a personal upload bank (like we have for logos) is the best option for music...can someone give me a serious reason why that wouldn't work?

I guess due to the file sizes? The logo uploader doesn't work half the time and I'm not sure if larger files could be handled by the server.

Biggest reason, yes.

Copyright wouldn't be an issue, because I'm not talking about CC...I'm talking about your personal uploads, which can only be accessed by you. There is no infringement if you're uploading music that you own, directly to your own private (only accessible by you) 2K17 server...just like you can send whatever you want to your own copy of the game when it comes to logos...you only get banned or whatever if you upload bad stuff to the community server.

That... might work, actually. So long as they do not under any circumstance allow others to download the music you upload, they could probably get away with it.

In that case the next hurdle would be the previous mentioned issues of speed and upload drops.

You are aware that would mean the end of custom themes forever right?

Biggest reason, yes.

That's not gonna happen bc 2K can still be sued or indicted by the feds for piracy for doing that it would be megaupload all over bc people don't own most these themes and ripped them off youtube or Internet. Only way custom music will happen is if Sony and Microsoft makes it possible.

You are aware that would mean the end of custom themes forever right?

Id hate that to happen, Theme packs for .99 not really something we should plant in 2K's head.

They're not EA
And no content.

And wasn't that game from EA sports?

That's not gonna happen bc 2K can still be sued or indicted by the feds for piracy for doing that it would be megaupload all over bc people don't own most these themes and ripped them off youtube or Internet. Only way custom music will happen is if Sony and Microsoft makes it possible.

Not even remotely similar to megaupload or any of those style of torrents or sites. Those allow you to share files you have with other people. What about "only to your copy of the game" are people not understanding? Feds got nothing on 2K for allowing players to add mere mp3 files to the game...because they could be as innocent as personally recorded tracks, or common license free to use ones. Obviously the majority of tracks uploaded would be copy protected ones...but again, it doesn't matter when they aren't being shared. If no one but yourself can access those tracks, then it doesn't matter if you have them on your PC, your phone, your record collection, or if you have them in your game...you are the only person accessing them. You;re not trying to share them with other people who don't possess the tracks. It means nothing.

I do miss this feature alot. I loved having this on 14. The only thing that was messed up was the sound, as you have to edit that to get it to sound right in game and I think mine was off. ALSO lets take 16 for example, there are the managers, BUT their themes and entrances are not in the game, like Dibiase's for example when they should be for the sake of CAW mode if nothing else.

Not even remotely similar to megaupload or any of those style of torrents or sites. Those allow you to share files you have with other people. What about "only to your copy of the game" are people not understanding? Feds got nothing on 2K for allowing players to add mere mp3 files to the game...because they could be as innocent as personally recorded tracks, or common license free to use ones. Obviously the majority of tracks uploaded would be copy protected ones...but again, it doesn't matter when they aren't being shared. If no one but yourself can access those tracks, then it doesn't matter if you have them on your PC, your phone, your record collection, or if you have them in your game...you are the only person accessing them. You;re not trying to share them with other people who don't possess the tracks. It means nothing.

Gen's right. if i want to change Undertakers music to Black Sabbath's 'Children Of The Grave' from the actual Master Of Reality album, which i own, then i should have every right to save that song(with the CD in the system like the 360/PS3) to the HDD and use that song as 'Takers custom theme song.

Gen's right. if i want to change Undertakers music to Black Sabbath's 'Children Of The Grave' from the actual Master Of Reality album, which i own, then i should have every right to save that song(with the CD in the system like the 360/PS3) to the HDD and use that song as 'Takers custom theme song.

You can't play music compact discs on ps4 only games, dvd/bluerays. On,your way to play ,using on ps4 now is from USB flash drive or Spotify

I could think of a legal reason... If people upload copywritten music to their created wrestlers and then upload it to the WWE universe it's copyright infringement.... Maybe if they could allow you to play your own custom music on your console but not upload to the universe.... Seems like it would be a difficult legal area... I would be happy if we had a sizable selection of generic music like we had in the N64 days... (Wrestlemania 2000, No Mercy, etc)

I could think of a legal reason... If people upload copywritten music to their created wrestlers and then upload it to the WWE universe it's copyright infringement.... Maybe if they could allow you to play your own custom music on your console but not upload to the universe.... Seems like it would be a difficult legal area... I would be happy if we had a sizable selection of generic music like we had in the N64 days... (Wrestlemania 2000, No Mercy, etc)

You're missing the part where any music uploaded would only be usable by the uploader. If they gave a theme song to a caw and then put that caw up for download, the music would not go along with it, their theme song would be changed to "none" for the downloader.

It would work in the same way the next gen logo uploading works, only you wouldn't have the option to make it downloadable for other people, only yourself.

Please dont give 2K ideas like this.

Please dont give 2K ideas like this.

Agreed. It will mean the end of custom themes for good if they do that.

Another issue with uploading music to a server is players being at the mercy of this server. If your internet gets wonky or the server isn't cooperative when you run matches, you'd end up with a bunch of silence for however many superstars and divas you made changes to. Not to mention the extended loading times you suffer while the game is pulling up these files.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to bump this back up, Sounds Of The Show for MLB 16 is incredible. They had to go back and forth with Sony and they had 6 GB of space for the music which allowed 511 songs and 255 custom chants/yells. All you do is stick the USB in the PS4 and then import the music. I believe the developers had to build this feature themselves, they said they didn't have the support like they did with PS3 and they had to use custom codes.

I wanted to bump this back up, Sounds Of The Show for MLB 16 is incredible. They had to go back and forth with Sony and they had 6 GB of space for the music which allowed 511 songs and 255 custom chants/yells. All you do is stick the USB in the PS4 and then import the music. I believe the developers had to build this feature themselves, they said they didn't have the support like they did with PS3 and they had to use custom codes.

Hopefully this bodes well for 2K then. I don't think 2K would really mind necessarily setting it up themselves so long as they aren't straight up blocked off from it.

I guess what helped MLB developers is that the game is console exclusive. Thats an obvious set back for 2K, they know there is a way on the PS4 but the Xbox can still be a big mystery. They obviously won't publish the game where one console has the feature over the other because of the backlash. I know 1 console had it over the other in the past but it wouldn't get by nowadays.

Archived