Could custom soundtracks be back for WWE 2k17 on PS4/XB1? (interesting tidbit)

xphen0m

It has been announced that MLB The Show 2k17 will feature custom music ability. It was thought that it was impossible to do custom soundtracks on the current gen systems because of coding or something like that. Even though it is a totally different game from a totally different developer, this new development could hopefully mean that we get back custom soundtracks hopefully within the next few years if not this year.

What do you think? Could we see it again? I absolutely miss custom soundtracks. Having ACH come out to Stardust's theme song is terrible.

They've finally allowed you storage access, ie watch films, listen to music through the likes of a usb on ps4 anyway. So hopefully this is the next step and it happens. Miss the authenticity so *censored*ing much of my CAW and what others wrestlers I believe should come out to what. Even by allowing us to use the soundtracks enabled for the menu. Imagine coming out to Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild, with a Bullet Club type clique. Ha, immense.

They've finally allowed you storage access, ie watch films, listen to music through the likes of a usb on ps4 anyway. So hopefully this is the next step and it happens. Miss the authenticity so *censored*ing much of my CAW and what others wrestlers I believe should come out to what. Even by allowing us to use the soundtracks enabled for the menu. Imagine coming out to Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild, with a Bullet Club type clique. Ha, immense.

You've been able to do that since the release of WWE 2K15 though. 2K basically said that it was still not possible to implement because the system has to play the music from the HDD and not USB.

Edit:

K So I read up on this, and it is indeed from the USB stick. Hm, sounds interesting. Let's see if 2k can implement this feature. (Even though I have an Xbox One and we can't play background music yet.)

You've been able to do that since the release of WWE 2K15 though. 2K basically said that it was still not possible to implement because the system has to play the music from the HDD and not USB.

2k were clearly wrong I guess. Read up on it, and they're indeed doing it through USB.

Do you mean mlb16? Theres no mlb 2k anymore so I just wanted to make sure.

Do you have a link also? Someone asked about custom music for mlb 16 on twitter in december and was told it is still not something they can implement in the games. Hopefully that changed.

This news comes from a review of a live stream showing off the game. It is MLB The Show 16, my apologies.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBTheShow/comments/45boi6/overview_of_the_little_things_stream/

There's a link to the stream replay in that post.

as long as Sony/MS adds that feature the last gen has while 2K has time to code it in, there's a chance 2K17 could have custom soundtracks again.

Im guessing it wont work on this gen. Whenever I stick a audio cd in the drive I dont get a option to rip it to the HD yet xbox 360 do.

I play on Xbox one now, but would switch to PS4 next year if this was an option. I plan to buy MLB anyways so I can test it out.

I don't have the hard drive problem. I bought a 2TB hard drive for $140 and put it in my PS4. It gave me around 1.77GB of space after the OS was installed.

So if every game I install is 50GB I can put roughly 34 fully installed games on the hard drive. I barely used my 500GB hard drive so I am set forever. When I am done playing games, I delete them off the HDD anyways.

I play on Xbox one now, but would switch to PS4 next year if this was an option. I plan to buy MLB anyways so I can test it out.

I don't have the hard drive problem. I bought a 2TB hard drive for $140 and put it in my PS4. It gave me around 1.77GB of space after the OS was installed.

So if every game I install is 50GB I can put roughly 34 fully installed games on the hard drive. I barely used my 500GB hard drive so I am set forever. When I am done playing games, I delete them off the HDD anyways.

I have a 1tb and am nowhere near full as well if you cant afford a 2tb.

Still say a personal upload bank (like we have for logos) is the best option for music...can someone give me a serious reason why that wouldn't work?

I guess due to the file sizes? The logo uploader doesn't work half the time and I'm not sure if larger files could be handled by the server.

Still say a personal upload bank (like we have for logos) is the best option for music...can someone give me a serious reason why that wouldn't work?

I guess due to the file sizes? The logo uploader doesn't work half the time and I'm not sure if larger files could be handled by the server.

USA music copyrights are different too from images.

USA music copyrights are different too from images.

Biggest reason, yes.

Im surprised they dont have music dlc. I could see them charging 99cebts a song abd making money. AJ styles just debuted in wwe, download his entrance theme now! Like cody rhodes old dashing theme? 99cents! L.O.D? 99cents! New age outlaws? 99cents! Nwo? 99cents!

They're not EA

Archived