Revs Rezonator's (Update)

Royal Revanant

All my caws from the previous games made their returns and two debuts in WWE 2k16

Ashton "Ash" Sullivan

Ashton Sullivan

Hometown: Lincoln, Nebraska
Height: 5'10 Weight: 219 lbs
Game debut: SmackDown vs Raw 2011
About: Sullivan embodies that child that still lives in all of us. Usually his ring gear adorns various cartoon villans, heroes, video game characters logos and insignia. Ash usually confuses his opponents with his speed.

Concept: As always Ash Sullivan is always fun to create and this years was no different. I really wanted to show that he is still tough hence the man bun in some attires but still a child deep down. Keep an eye out because more attires for him are coming out. A main inspiration behind the Sullivan character is Evan Bourne.
Ashton%20Sullivan_zps9ostmxkr.jpg

Azrael Amir

Azrael Amir

Hometown: Lebanon
Height: 6ft 6 Weight: 249 lbs

About: Just when his career looked bleak, Azrael Amir made major improvements in his character and moves and now is a major player in the game. At times in the ring Amir seems to be impervious to pain and is at times very difficult to defeat. Azrael enjoys inflicting pain and the ring is his. It’s no surprise that he would later join forces with Ryan Ramirez.

Concept: Truth be told, Azrael was close being on the chopping blocks but since WWE2K15, I decided to give the character another go and thank God. He's now feared among my friends. His design in WWE 2k15 was inspired by Black Adam but now in '16, I was leaning to a more Kano from MK9 look but way cleaner.
Azrael%20Amir_zpspwouvdfu.jpg

Buck Rocksteady

Buck Rocksteady

Height: 6ft
Hometown: Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Game debut: WWE 2K16

About: Buck Rocksteady has emerged from out of nowhere and is already impressive. The deadlocked is very skilled in mma. He and his friend Jett Lazzara (also debuting) and perhaps another have a dislike for all the other Caws mentioned here and thinks it's time that they go.

Concept: To make an all new character was a bit tough. It took several names like Asa McMillan, PJ Spyke and finally I decided on Buck Rocksteady. The last name was taken from the TMNT villain. I like to go international and thought Brazil would be a cool place to base him from. Thus becoming my first South American Caw. Buck is slightly inspired by footballer Neymar.

Buck%20Rocksteady_zpsttugkk5y.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvFrTAZ74g

Falcon Reddington

Falcon Reddington aka Redd Falcon

Height: 5'8 Weight: 190 lbs
Hometown: Bad Street, Atlanta, Georgia

About: Falcon Reddington is the youngest in the group. An obedient kid who is always willing to learn and help others. During his training days his mentor was Raphael St. James. Since debuting to now, his skills have improved greatly. Using his strong punches, quick feet and elbows, this bird can also take to the sky and he also knows ways to submit opponents. A patriot to the USA and a phoenix at heart. Nowadays he's developed a close friendship and tag team with Ashton Sullivan.

Character Concept: Falcon is another fun to create character. It's always been great to express his youthfulness in his appearance and toughness in his fighting style. An huge inspiration behind the character came from my little cousin but first Amazing Red.

Falcon%20Reddington_zpsvh5h6abk.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cEmWtncGCo

Jakob "Jake" Rivera

Jakob “Jake” Rivera

Hometown: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Height: 6ft 6 Weight: 245 lbs
Game debut: SmackDown vs Raw 2008

Perhaps no other is more down to earth than Jakob Rivera. Always willing to help others in and out the ring as he is a great listener and adviser. Rivera often puts on a great match regardless of the opponent as he is ring savvy. At times he’s considered leaving the ring but always returns. Hopefully he never retires.

Character Concept: For a while I was lost on what to do with Jake in terms of design. In 2K15 the character went under a drastic overhaul that would set the direction for games to come. Now one of my faves Rivera's design really plays on his animal instincts and Native American heritage. No shame to admit that part inspiration is my best friend and brother, Christopher McMillan and Jacob from the Twilight series.

Jakob%20Rivera_zpsg6orzx9x.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzHnFscYF-E

Jett Lazzara

Jett Lazzara

Height: 5ft 8 Weight: 210
Hometown: Esperanza, Dominican Republic
Game debut: WWE2k16

About: Lazzara is very talented in the ring. Young, brash and arrogant is probably why only Buck Rocksteady is his only friend and rumors of another are going around. Lazzara tends to act on impulse as opposed to Buck who plans things out making them a great tag team.

Character concept: Asa McMillan, Collin Baxter, Ace Baxter, Jett Baxter...were all names I cycled through until settling on Jett Lazzara. As I've never had a character from the Caribbean before and as making one would be a great opportunity to learn about another country I decided to make him the Dominican Republic, that's unique right? Part inspiration is indy wrestler Ricochet.
Jett%20Lazzara_zpsvt9gmj2u.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkm18S-KdUs

Jonathan DeFranco

Jonathan DeFranco

Hometown: Jersey City, New Jersey
Game debut: WWE 13

Jonathan DeFranco is known for being that stereotypical Jersey party boy. Many took his wrestling abilities for a joke and often disregarded him as a real challenge. However, in more recent times, he seems to have shed several of his party boy traits, adapted a mature look and improved his ring work tremendously. DeFranco is now a threat to any superstar.

Character concept: DeFranco started off as a joke character that I never thought would have stuck.However as time went by his style was just to infectious to ignore. In WWE2K15 Defranco underwent a character change, his hair was cut and much jovial antics were shred. In WWE 2k16 I wanted to go back to those fun roots that made the character. Inspiration for this guy came from TNA wrestler Robbie E and reality star Pauly D. His last name was taken from the Youtuber Phillip DeFranco.
Jonathan%20DeFranco_zps1wus2skj.jpg

Nicholas Kidd

Nicholas Kidd

Hometown: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Height: 5'10" Weight: 215 lbs
Game debut: Smackdown vs Raw 2011 (as Lucas Chen) WWE 13 - present (as Nicholas Kidd)

Since re-inventing himself Nicholas Kidd, this superstar has become a feared and vicious heel. Kidd is as violent as they come and his brawler style has brought him great success. Despite his disposition, he is very smart and knows how to antagonise any opponent. Representing his home country of Canada and his Korean heritage, Kidd is without a doubt one of the greats.

Character concept: Nicholas Kidd is another one of mine that is fun to play as. Since WWE13 his moveset has always been violent and he has become a lovable badboy. Nick's inspiration is taken from -- well, I don't know but an Asian Canadian pretty original.
Nicholas%20Kidd_zpswvtky6k9.jpg

Oliver Shannon

Oliver Shannon

Hometown: Jersey City, New Jersey
Height: 6ft 0 Weight: 220 lbs
Game debut: WWE 2K14

About: Olly Shannon is making believers every day. Many believe that the pretty face had no place in the ring but day by day he’s getting better. Stubborn and arrogant, he only thinks of himself and often rejects the advice of veterans of yesterday. “As long as I look good doing what I do” is his motto. We’ll just have to see how far his bravado takes him.

Character concept: Oliver Shannon really had no creative direction until now. In previous games, he was just there. Now, I've decide to give him a split persona...on one hand his a rich, pretty boy who only wear brand name and is self absorbed and on the other a surfer dude who is always looking for more friends and fun.

Oliver%20Shannon_zpshdxbmuz8.jpg

Raphael St. James

Raphael St. James

Hometown: Chelsea, England
Height: 6ft 1 Weight: 227 lbs
Game debut: SmackDown vs Raw 2010

About: Raphael is a prockstar who loves to sing, dance and have a good time. However, don’t let this persona fool you, St. James is very efficient in the ring. Having trained his younger brother Rey-Vaughn and Falcon Reddington proves Raphael knows how to get the job done.

Character concept: Making Raphael is always fun. Watching him evolve over the years is fun too. For him I always want to emphasize that he looks music and through his taunts and moves I want to show that while he is funny, he can get serious.He is one of two characters personalities I can identify with.

Raphael%20St.%20James_zpsv7vvbsnv.jpg

Rey-Vaughn St. James

Rey-Vaughn St. James

Hometown: Manchester, England
Height: 6ft 3in Weight: 235 lbs
Game debut: SmackDown vs Raw 2010

Rey-Vaughn St. James is probably the best technically sound guys in the “Royal Revanant guys" Opponents are often overwhelmed by Rey-Vaughn's quickness and power. His personality is a complete 180 from his brother, Raphael, who is more loud and over-the-top as Rey-Vaughn is more silent and calm.

Character concept: Rey-Vaughn is always fun to play as and create. His moves are great and his look is great. Inspiration for this character came from various aspects; Wade Barrett, Hugh Jackman, Ryu from Street Fighter and Shadow The Hedgehog and also, the contrasting personalities between himself and Raphael match my brother and my personality. Rey is younger yet bigger than Raphael much like my brother and I.

Rey-Vaughn%20St.%20James_zpsyju9zodv.jpg

Ryan Ramirez

Ryan Ramirez

Hometown: Hidalgo, Mexico
Game debut: WWE 13
Height: 6ft 7 Weight: 252 lbs

Big Mean Double R has positioned himself as a major powerhouse in the ring. Since his debut, Ramirez has been on a roll and doesn’t look to stop now. He is all about business and winning, he displays a neutral personality; neither face nor heel. Some of Ramirez actions are inspired by his idol Kevin Nash. Recently Ryan has joined forces with fellow powerhouse Azrael Amir.

Concept: Ramirez was never intended to be a Royal Revanant guy. Originally I designed a character for a friend. Seeing how cool he looked, my friend got a copy and I made my version a little bigger and kept him. As mentioned above inspiration behind this Caw came from Kevin Nash and Sheamus...as evident by his finishers.

Ryan%20Ramirez_zpsxecjentz.jpg

Tyler Christopher

Tyler Christopher

Height: 6ft Weight: 224 lbs
Game debut: SmackDown vs Raw 2006 (longest running CAW)
Hometown: Allentown, Pennsylvania

Tyler Christopher is without doubt the smartest and most cunning out of all the “Royal Revanant guys” Although he takes the role of an anti-hero, Christopher’s good nature is shown time to time. His size makes him perfect to perform both finesse and power moves.

Concept: This guy (ME) has the longest tenure of all my Caws. He's one of two of my CAWS to be featured on 3 generations of consoles Playstation 2, Xbox 360 and One. Traditionally I always make him first every year. Though I'm only 24, the character is 32 and looks more like my brother than me.

Tyler%20Christopher_zpsi5ezoel2.jpg

Elijah Montgomery

Height: 5ft 11 Weight: 210 lbs
Game debut: WWE2k16
About: Elijah Montgomery can out-think almost any opponent. Montgomery is very athletic and capable of anything.
Montgomery's docile nature left fans wondering how did he become Bryce Montana's partner. Nonetheless, they have been successful and will continue to climb.

Concept: Elijah was originally set to be a white character, however, I felt it was too generic and too close to his partner. Making him the second African-American CAW on my roster. Blonde and brown highlights were added to his hair to give the character some uniqueness.

em_zps7j3vv89p.jpg

UPDATED/NEW ATTIRES

Buck Rocksteady's New Attire
Buck%20New%20Gear_zpsa6wzgq6o.jpg

JETT LAZZARA'S NEW ATTIRES
Jett%20New%20gear_zpsqshhk1jo.jpg

AZRAEL AMIR'S UPDATED ATTIRES
Azrael%20new%20gear_zps1awjrwts.jpg

NICHOLAS KIDD'S UPDATED ATTIRES
Nicholas%20New%20Gear_zpskmivs7wr.jpg

RAPHAEL ST. JAMES' NEW ATTIRES
Raphael%20St.%20James%20new%20gear_zpsoy

TYLER CHRISTOPHER'S NEW ATTIRES
Tyler%20Christopher%20new%20gear_zps8xeo

WWE SUPERSTARS

STARDUST and ENZO AMORE

Starsdust%20and%20Enzo%20Amore_zpslfzqly

HEATH SLATER
heath%20slater%20new%20gear_zpsjjhvsyfk.

STEPHANIE McMAHON
stephanie_zpsqnh0xuqz.png

HIDEO ITAMI
Hideo_zps5g1v7xf5.jpg

THE MIZ

Miz%20montage_zpsjyorgp6o.jpg Miz%20montage%202_zpsm82qylm8.jpg

Very interesting to read how the ideas evolve, for me that's one of the best aspects of cawing. I've said before, but that's a really good group you've got.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived