Remember when... 2

Jmerc

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember that thing will Paul Burchill and Katie Lea? Man, that was doomed from the very beginning

Shame because they were both far more talented than WWE ever showed. I saw Paul live before WWE and he could do some really athletic stuff, and Katie was a very solid wrestler who didn't seem to gel with the WWE Diva style. I think she arrived a couple of years too early, she'd have thrived in NXT.

Remember that thing will Paul Burchill and Katie Lea? Man, that was doomed from the very beginning

Shame because they were both far more talented than WWE ever showed. I saw Paul live before WWE and he could do some really athletic stuff, and Katie was a very solid wrestler who didn't seem to gel with the WWE Diva style. I think she arrived a couple of years too early, she'd have thrived in NXT.

Agreed. I know I might be in the minority, but I was a fan of Burchill's pirate persona. I also watched a lot of his OVW work, and man, he could have been so much more. Katie Lea was also severely misused.

What really annoyed me was Burchill started doing the Spanish Fly as a finisher (C4 / Walk the Plank) and they apparently stopped him from doing it - then John Morrison started doing it a couple of weeks later.

What really annoyed me was Burchill started doing the Spanish Fly as a finisher (C4 / Walk the Plank) and they apparently stopped him from doing it - then John Morrison started doing it a couple of weeks later.

Yeah, I didn't understand that. I remember he started using the Curb Stomp after that(Super Dragon's version), then he started using a jumping neckbreaker or something.

Archived