Remember when... 2

Jmerc

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when people here were sure that Kalisto and Sin Cara were in a feud with eachother that would inevitably end with a US title match and with Sin Cara unmasking?

Do you remember when what you're saying wasn't even a thing and like 2 people just threw that idea out there?

Was watching WrestleMania 18.

Do you guys remember them trying to get the nickname "Booger Red" over for the Undertaker? lol..who's terrible idea was that?

The *Censored* did that nickname even mean? Did Taker pick his nose so much that it started bleeding?

Guest Fight Me.

Remember when The Usos randomly became best friends with Cena just so he had even numbers in his feud with Bray Wyatt?

I remember one of the Usos and Bray Wyatt also having a Last Man Standing on SmackDown once. And it wasn't a squash either, it was pretty back and forth lol.

Kinda like Enzo & Cass now?

Almost exactly like Enzo & Cass now.

Yeah, I don't like it. Faces (or heels) shouldn't allign just cause. Give them a reason to do so, you lazy *censored*s.

Well backstage Cena is a big advocate for Enzo & Cass so it wont be hard translating that to screen. They're buds IRL, why is so hard to make that assumption in kayfabe?

Yeah, I don't like it. Faces (or heels) shouldn't allign just cause. Give them a reason to do so, you lazy *censored*s.

Well backstage Cena is a big advocate for Enzo & Cass so it wont be hard translating that to screen. They're buds IRL, why is so hard to make that assumption in kayfabe?

Because in kayfabe Cena never helps anyone

Eh I still don't think it's too big of a stretch just to say with one line of dialogue "Cena and these guys are good friends backstage, Cena has helped them a long way through NXT and coming up to RAW." Which by all accounts is true.

Eh I still don't think it's too big of a stretch just to say with one line of dialogue "Cena and these guys are good friends backstage, Cena has helped them a long way through NXT and coming up to RAW." Which by all accounts is true.

Even though the true story is "Cena is piggybacking off of their popularity so he isn't booed as much"?

I was 6 years old when this happened and I still remember it clear as day to this day. I was a huge Rock fan as a kid, but I sided with the nWo pretty early on simply due to how cool they all were. I had never seen WCW before this, so this was all new to me! lol Hogan, Hall, and Nash were among some of the first heels I liked (the others being DDP and Booker T). It's a shame it all went to crap when Hall's demons caught up with him. I did love face Hogan, though.

It's a shame I couldn't order the PPV as my parents wouldn't order me any as a kid. I'd just have to read WWF/WWE.com the next day. Missed every single PPV from 2001 until I got a job and could order them myself in 2012... Though I did rent some on VHS at Hollywood Video.

Even though the true story is "Cena is piggybacking off of their popularity so he isn't booed as much"?

No shit, Sherlock.

The problem isn't the fact that they are allied, it's how it's done. I don't give a shit who's mates with who backstage, there's literally zero reason for Enzo & Cass (and while I'm at it, The Usos two years ago) to suddenly be saving Cena's arse in the ring, other than "the crowd likes this heel stable too much, let's get our most popular tag team to help Cena get some pops".

Because it hasn't actually been stated and no reason has been give to assume so in terms of kayfabe.

And its not too late ... did they have to spell it out right away? No. They still have 2 weeks of story left before the PPV. If any TV show just spelled out everything it would be shit. They're leaving people guessing for now and will probably tune it next week to see why what's happening is happening.

It's literally just TV storytelling 101.

Archived