Remember when... 2

Jmerc

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Biker Taker, while it looked awesome, upon watching his stuff man he was cringy as *Censored*. Same thing with Ministry Taker in certain parts.

For me the American Badass just didn't really resonate - as he's always been "The Dead man" first. I mean as gimmicks go, it was okay, but all the stuff he did before was more interesting. I'd say also that I don't think (aside from the odd entrance) he ever got quite the same "aura" about the character that he had before ABA. I mean, yeah he was still brilliant, but I felt the second "dead man" era has been half assed in a lot of ways.

That might be cos of your age though.

Entirely possible, I grew up with the dead man Undertaker persona.

The Wrestlemania XX entrance is my all-time favourite Taker moment.

It's definitely up there for me as well. It's my single favourite entrance ever in wrestling, absolutely everything was perfect.

Paul Bearer's surprise return, the druids, Kane selling how terrifying the Dead Man was, the first gong followed by thunder, Taker's new music, that long walk down the ramp, making the driuds lift their torches as he passed, the crowd chants as he walked up the steps, and finally Undertaker staring a hole through Kane after removing his hat. No eye roll, just straight up "I'm gonna kill you" eyes.

IYSrMDu.gif

That *censored*ing look man goosebumps just seeing it in gif form. I remember sitting through Mania 20 just for that moment to see Deadman Taker again and my god it was so cool.

Guest Fight Me.

Remember when Hunico & Camacho beat Ascension in a non-title match once on NXT? This was shortly before Hunico became Sin Cara again.

Remember when the ring announcer would let us know when Tyler Breeze would enter/leave the building on NXT?

Like Bobby Heenan used to for Shawn back in the day.

Remember when the ring announcer would let us know when Tyler Breeze would enter/leave the building on NXT?

Ah, the good old days. Bobby Heenan was gold. Come to think of it, Gorilla Monsoon, Jesse Ventura, Randy Savage and Vince McMahon himself were all amazing commentators too.

Ah, the good old days. Bobby Heenan was gold. Come to think of it, Gorilla Monsoon, Jesse Ventura, Randy Savage and Vince McMahon himself were all amazing commentators too.

Yep. Bobby was equally good with Vince or Gorilla. I re-watch old PPVs just for his commentary, he had a one-liner every few seconds.

llxrg8k_Avx1qis6pso1_1280.jpg

Remember the WWE Celebrity Deathmatch appearances?

Didn't Austin get a time machine in an appearance on that?

I legit thought it was during Attitude Era-Ruthless Agression transition where we also had blonde Samoa Joe :hqhq: & AJ Styles vs Hurricane because if it is than I wouldnt be surprised if i'm not familiar with that . But as you said its 03 and 03 is the year I started watching wrestling regularly as a fan so its pretty cool to see.

remember when Tajiri & Torrie Wilson were a thing?

I legit thought it was during Attitude Era-Ruthless Agression transition where we also had blonde Samoa Joe :hqhq: & AJ Styles vs Hurricane because if it is than I wouldnt be surprised if i'm not familiar with that . But as you said its 03 and 03 is the year I started watching wrestling regularly as a fan so its pretty cool to see.

Talking about blonde hair and Bobby Roode...

Remember when Edge, who just lost his WWE Championship, locked himself in the RAW Elimination Chamber-match?

Also remember how Cena was the last one out, did his thing for a minute, then got hit by finishers from Jericho, Mysterio and Edge and was then eliminated?

Remember how Cena casually rolled out of the chamber, unhurt, selling nothing but merchandise?

Archived