Remember when... 2

Jmerc

nd1.png

nd2.jpg

Remember when this was New Day?

Yeah. Why was this dropped?

As stark an example as you could wish to show anyone that thinks creative should be scripted with little input from the talent. They were given this, they evolved it, ran with it and turned it into something special. Then creative started interfering, ground the Unicorn and Booty stuff into the ground, and it was stale as hell.

Don't think that's true. The stable started off as what seemed to be a serious black dudes stable then creative/Vince decided it was good to make them a face gospel like happy go lucky black church like singer guys. Then they got booed as hell because that sounds lame as shit and bam, the actual heel New Day that we know and love was born.

Yeah. Listen to Jericho's podcast with the New Day. Woods explains it completley.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't they have legitimate heat with Farooq and Bradshaw? I read PE tried to change the finish on them or something - and they beat the hell out of them.

Remember when The Undertaker whopped David Flair's ass at the training center?

Yep. I also remember him sitting on the floor at the end, with his arm around David who was a bloody pulp. David's last WWE appearance I believe.

(I've seen David live too, he wasn't really all that good in my opinion)

"What are you doing?"

"What am I doing? I'm KICKING YOUR ASS. What do you think I'm doing?"

:lol:

Damn, Taker's biker gimmick was awesome.

My favourite quote from that era "I may not dress like Satan anymore, but I'm still down with the Devil, and I will get medieval on your ass".

Yeah Biker Taker, while it looked awesome, upon watching his stuff man he was cringy as *Censored*. Same thing with Ministry Taker in certain parts.

For me the American Badass just didn't really resonate - as he's always been "The Dead man" first. I mean as gimmicks go, it was okay, but all the stuff he did before was more interesting. I'd say also that I don't think (aside from the odd entrance) he ever got quite the same "aura" about the character that he had before ABA. I mean, yeah he was still brilliant, but I felt the second "dead man" era has been half assed in a lot of ways.

Yeah Biker Taker, while it looked awesome, upon watching his stuff man he was cringy as *Censored*. Same thing with Ministry Taker in certain parts.

For me the American Badass just didn't really resonate - as he's always been "The Dead man" first. I mean as gimmicks go, it was okay, but all the stuff he did before was more interesting. I'd say also that I don't think (aside from the odd entrance) he ever got quite the same "aura" about the character that he had before ABA. I mean, yeah he was still brilliant, but I felt the second "dead man" era has been half assed in a lot of ways.

That might be cos of your age though.

Hybrid Undertaker from 2004-present has had some GREAT moments, that he couldn't do in the 1990's. The "Hells Gate" finisher being debuted on Smackdown 2008, was just amazing. It felt like a legitimate finisher in an era where risks were being less and less taken. The short "ministry" return angle with JBL, Viscera and Gangrel and where Undertaker sacrificed Orlando Jordan, are pretty good. And of course his legendary return at WrestleMania 20 with Paul Bearer then when he took the hat off, he still had the ABA/Big Evil headband which made it even more epic.

Hybrid Undertaker from 2004-present has had some GREAT moments, that he couldn't do in the 1990's. The "Hells Gate" finisher being debuted on Smackdown 2008, was just amazing. It felt like a legitimate finisher in an era where risks were being less and less taken. The short "ministry" return angle with JBL, Viscera and Gangrel and where Undertaker sacrificed Orlando Jordan, are pretty good. And of course his legendary return at WrestleMania 20 with Paul Bearer then when he took the hat off, he still had the ABA/Big Evil headband which made it even more epic.

Unless I'm thinking of the wrong entrance, I'm pretty sure he didn't have the ABA headband in his WM20 entrance.

Unless I'm thinking of the wrong entrance, I'm pretty sure he didn't have the ABA headband in his WM20 entrance.

It was the Smackdown after Mania when he tombstoned Paul Heyman. I remember this precisely cause I recorded it on my VCR during that time. Was stoked seeing that darkside of him back again.

The Wrestlemania XX entrance is my all-time favourite Taker moment.

It's definitely up there for me as well. It's my single favourite entrance ever in wrestling, absolutely everything was perfect.

Paul Bearer's surprise return, the druids, Kane selling how terrifying the Dead Man was, the first gong followed by thunder, Taker's new music, that long walk down the ramp, making the driuds lift their torches as he passed, the crowd chants as he walked up the steps, and finally Undertaker staring a hole through Kane after removing his hat. No eye roll, just straight up "I'm gonna kill you" eyes.

IYSrMDu.gif

Archived