How I Would Book the Royal Rumble

JMike

Hey! I'm doing one of these again! Hooraaaay! Let's hey cracking!

Alberto del Rio vs Kalisto

No question, Alberto wins. Kalisto should win the title at Wrestlemania.

Charlotte vs Becky Lynch

No question, Charlotte wins. You'll be seeing that a bit. Anyway, at Mania, the Divas title match will be Charlotte vs Sasha Banks vs Becky. I don't know who should win that but Charlotte shouldn't retain.

New Day vs Usos

I don't know here, sadly. Both would be fine. Either way, I'd like to see New Day vs Usos vs Dudleys in a triple threat TLC match at Mania, which the Usos should win.

Dean Ambrose vs Kevin Owens

Kevin Owens wins. You'll see why.

The Royal Rumble

Fun Fact: In this, neither Roman, Lesnar or HHH win. Anyway, will I book absolutely everything? No. But here are some things. First, the surprises. No, this does not have Daniel Bryan or AJ Styles. Now that that's out of the way, one person I'd love to see as a surprise is Hulk Hogan. Seems unlikely, doesn't it? But why not bring him back? Yea! Anyway, the NXT Rumble surprises should include Finn Balor, Sami Zayn, and either Samoa Joe or Enzo Amore. So , let's just get to the good part. Near the end of the rumble, a bunch of League of Nations guys come out in a row, Del Rio, Barrett, Rusev and Sheamus at 24, 25, 26, and 27 respectively. They eliminate everyone except for Roman Reigns. They quadruple team Roman, who manages to survive because Roman Reigns and then number 28 comes out, Brock Lesnar. He immediately eliminates every member of the League of Nations with a flurry of German Suplexes and F5s. He then sees Roman. They look at each other, face to face, staring for a few seconds. And then Lesnar hits him with an F5. He's about to throw out Roman, but the sounds of number 29's music play, it's Dean Ambrose. With a Dirty Deeds and a clothesline, Lesnar has been eliminated. Him and Roman high five to show that they are still friends, but as soon as they do, Dean low blows him. Dean looks at Roman's body on the ground, with his crazy eyed look. And then number 30 comes, Triple H. Triple H and Dean face each other and handshake. Roman then Superman punches HHH. Roman attacks the two until finally eliminating HHH. But directly after that, Dean kicks Roman in the gut, preparing for Dirty Deeds. But instead, he looked at Triple H, now watching at ringside, and performs the Pedigree, then eliminating Roman. Dean Ambrose is the new WWE Champion, and Triple H and him celebrate.

The Aftermath

Roman is understandably pissed and wants his title back. So the following Raw, he uses his rematch clause and Dean wins with help from HHH. Also around this time would be the return of Daniel Bryan, and he is booked in a rematch from the Fastlane the year before, Bryan vs Roman in a Number 1 Contenders match, and Roman wins. But Triple H notices that Bryan's feet were in the ropes, and they were, so the victory does not count for him. Also at Fastlane, Ambrose loses to Lesnar for the championship by DQ. You probably just got worried. Anyway, HHH decides to make a match between Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns at Mania (at this point Bryan is chasing the IC title) where the winner goes to the main event. Both matches for Roman have the stipulation that if Roman loses, he will be fired. So, of course, he beats Lesnar, and against Ambrose he loses? Yep. Bye-Bye Roman. See you when no ones expecting it. Dean holds the title until Summerslam, which is about where Seth Rollins comes back. Rollins talks about how The Authority betrayed him and how he was there man and such, and he becomes a face. At Summerslam, Rollins wins, which will establish him as the face of the company for years to come.

Did you like it? Leave feedback.

I would book the Rumble as Reigns 1 (obviously) and then Ambrose 2 or 3. Now you have the intrigue of whether the Shield brothers are going to work together or tear each other apart. What you want is to put as many different strands to the Reigns story as you can, because if you can invest the fans - they will forget he's being forced on them. A good Rumble match also allows stories to intersect throughout the card. I'm not going to list it blow for blow, but here's some of the set pieces I'd book.

Stardust eliminates Goldust, then gets blindsided as they jaw to each other. They brawl to the back (setting up the brother match we want for Mania)

The LON implodes as all four go into business themselves. We're getting late in now and there's the LON (Sheamus, Barrett, Del Rio and Rusev), Lesnar, Reigns with one more to go. Lesnar engages beast mode and kills everyone - suplexes and F5s for everyone. Reigns goes for a Superman punch, but Lesnar grabs him and smashes him shoulder first into the corner (which means he slides out to the floor - not eliminated, but dead) Lesnar eliminates Barrett who is brawling with Rusev, Del Rio comes flying at them all, and sails over onto the floor. Lesnar disposes of Rusev and he and Barrett slope off up the ramp. Sheamus tries a Brogue Kick but Lesnar germans him and then throws the stunned Irishman over the top rope. Furious Sheamus grabs Lesnar's hand, and pulls him towards the floor. As they struggle, Reigns recovers and spears Lesnar over the rope (setting up Lesnar V Sheamus) Then Reigns grabs the microphone and says:

One more to go, I know it's going to be you Triple H - but you know what, there's not one man who can deny me - hell 28 men couldn't deny me tonight. I said I can, and I will - believe dat.

BEHOLD THE KING - THE KING OF KINGS!! Triple H's music and tron play, Reigns is stalking the ramp side of the ring like a caged animal. Suddenly Triple H comes through the crowd, sledgehammer in hand, and blasts Reigns over the rope to win the Rumble and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Reasons I booked this way;

1: Reigns has to go over Triple H to conclude this angle. Only way that can really happen is for Triple H to win the title. (I would have him use his Champions rematch clause for Mania)

2: AJ Styles should not come in and lose (even in a Rumble)

3: It sets up Sheamus V Lesnar

4: It makes Reigns look strong (maybe a bit dim) that it took skulduggery to defeat him. Gives him sympathy with the crowd too as he's "cheated" out of it.

I love seeing how people would book stuff. Not bad ideas but not a fan of your rumble end. Here's how I'd book things.

Del Rio vs Kalisto

-Del Rio retains with help from League of Nations. Like you said Kalisto should win it at WM.

Charolette vs Becky Lynch

-Charolette retain for now. Becky wins it at either fast lane or Mania.

New Day vs Usos

-Usos win it ending New Days long ass run and get some new match ups for the next few months.

Ambrose vs Owens

-Ambrose retains

Rumble

-may not be the outcome people would like but something I find somewhat logical and could make some interesting stuff.

The end comes down to Lesnar, Reigns, HHH. Reigns lays out HHH and fights with Lesnar ending with an elimination on Lesnar. Out of anger he climbs back in laying out Reigns. HHH recovers and goes to eliminate him but Reigns holds on. After battling we are finally introduced to AJ Styles who comes out to help HHH eliminating Reigns. HHH wins the title.

This would lead to Reigns wanting a rematch but HHH says he has to earn it at Fastlane in a match against AJ Styles. Lesnar comes out and gets put in the match after Heyman argues with HHH. So it's Lesnar vs AJ vs Reigns at Fastlane. Reigns wins to face HHH at Mania to end that Fued. Wyatt attacks Lesnar to set up for a match with them at Mania. Then have AJ get out against Ambrose for the IC title at Mania. Where he would win the title.

FANTASY booking:

Daniel Bryan returns at the Rumble. Reigns wins the Rumble after eliminating HHH while Bryan and AJ eliminate each other both hitting the floor at the same time. Reigns vs AJ vs Bryan at Fastlane. HHH tries to help AJ but Reigns spears both and gets the win. Bryan saves reigns from a beat down after the match. WM features Reigns vs HHH and AJ vs Bryan for the IC title after AJ wins it on a Raw episode.

I enjoy video games like EWR and have had fun fantasy booking cards over the years.

I have learned that you should never share fantasy booking scenarios with WWE fans, especially on this site. They'll tell you everything you came up with was shit but the fact is that if the real Royal Rumble was booked the same way, you know they'd all be creaming their pants over it. There's nothing too outlandish about your storyline, aside from suggesting Hogan make a return. It's all pretty reasonable.

fantasy booking is the worst thing to ever exist

Agreed. I don't even see the appeal in it.

It's hard to explain. I guess it's just something fun to do.

Believe me, I can definitely understand why people wouldn't want to sit there and read fifty paragraphs of fake wrestling storylines. It's an acquired taste. I never understood why people get so genuinely mad about it though. I've seen many hilarious overreactions to fantasy booking from people who take it too seriously. For example, just a few years ago there was a lot of, "Oh my god, you think Undertaker's streak should end!? You are a *censored*ing idiot! Kill yourself!". It's almost like they'll read some crappy fantasy booking post and take it personally, like you're committing blasphemy against the sacred works of Vince McMahon. From the way some people act, you'd think WWE is the most sophisticated, well written show in the world. It almost makes me want to include some form of fantasy booking in every post I make. The best advice I could give to people who aren't big fans of fantasy booking would be to avoid threads like that.

The New Day, R-Truth, Titus, & Mark Henry just so happen to be in the ring when Hogan's music hits as the next entrant.... All heads turn to him. He enters, apologizes to them, shakes their hands, they accept, then when he goes on to do his infamous taunts they treat him like everyone treated Muhammad Hassan at the 2005 Rumble.

The New Day, R-Truth, Titus, & Mark Henry just so happen to be in the ring when Hogan's music hits as the next entrant.... All heads turn to him. He enters, apologizes to them, shakes their hands, they accept, then when he goes on to do his infamous taunts they treat him like everyone treated Muhammad Hassan at the 2005 Rumble.

Lmao

Archived