hate for vince russo is it double standard from a fans point of veiw

shorol

ok first of all i know that ive posted a couple of threads likes this ( finishers and the internet one ) . its not wrriten to cause agruments or anything just feel its a worthwhile disscusion lol

reason for the above is because this subject is very much the split amongst wrestling fans is the hatred by most fans double standard . one minute we are saying vince changed the wwf or saved the wwf he created the attitude era . then we are saying hes a lier he didnt do this he didnt do that how do you actully feel about him

is it because fo the jim cornette thing that you are against him ie cornette cant do anything wrong but vince can or is there something eles to it also if cornette has his way instead of russo would we be praising cornette or treating/reacting the same way that we do with russo

cant wait to see you,re thoughts

It's really not complex. When put through multiple filters, an occasional diamond can be gained from his shit pile. However when an idiot company lets him run with his stupid ass ideas (eg TNA), then it turns in to a bloody insult. There's no double standard here.

didnt wwe do the same thing ( as far as how hes telling it anyway ) letting him have total controll or is that bs on his part the way wwe was at the time i can almost but it

main point is ( i should have said this in the op ) how do we know cornette is telling the truth and he isnt just bitter all these years towards vince also iam not defending vince russo he did a lot of crap but as far as thse two are focused jim is the hero and vince the villain again how do we know jim is telling the truth

sidenote having people that jim knows personally dose not count as confirmation of anything they could just be saying out of loyalty

No. He did not have total control in the WWE. His writing went through multiple channels. and Jim may be a bitter old git, but we can see that he's telling the truth when we look at the unfiltered bullshit Russo put out.

fair enough but iam not talking about his storylines ( they were crap ) but iam talking about what vince is saying in his youshoots for example ............................yea ok i take it back he has lied he did admit that so yea my fault lol but still as far as cornette is cocernd heres the thing

cornette ( acording to himself ) was of the old school teaching he didnt agree with vince russo at all ( and who could blame him ) but when the wwe took vinces side thats when it all started ( theres a vid on youtube with him saying this ) so how can we be sure cornette hasent been stiring the pot

also how can the wwf be forgiving for some of there horrible storylines ( most fans who watched some of them first time around still watch the company today ) yet one man keeps on getting kicked in the balls for his crap i just dont understand this at all

Alright i'm going to be honest without being insulting, i'm having a bit of trouble understanding some of the things you say.

That said, we don't know if Jim isn't exaggerating a bit, but we do know that Vince Russo is an issue because Cornette is not the only person who has problems with him. There's a reason an entire television network (Spike TV) didn't want him on the pay-roll.

Alright i'm going to be honest without being insulting, i'm having a bit of trouble understanding some of the things you say.

That said, we don't know if Jim isn't exaggerating a bit, but we do know that Vince Russo is an issue because Cornette is not the only person who has problems with him. There's a reason an entire television network (Spike TV) didn't want him on the pay-roll.

Not just that. But also Mexican and Japanese wrestlers have all refused to work with TNA at one point because of Vince Russo.

And another thing that I don't think you covered and neither did I? Vince Russo is not one to say, "I was wrong." Nothing is ever his fault. Haven't you noticed that? Something he writes that doesn't work is never his fault. This is the same guy that wrote a book about how WCW killed Vince Russo which is B.S. This is the same guy that blames the wrestlers, the other writers, the fans for all of the setbacks throughout the years......except for the main denominator: HIM. And how this business has torn him and his family apart......yet he's still apart of it.

I'm sorry. Say what you want about Vince McMahon, but I would appreciate him more so than I would Vince Russo. They both have ego issues, but McMahon is nowhere near as bad as Russo has ever been.

i get that a lot lol ill keep my post to the point short and sweet if that helps at all mate :)

is spike tv tna,s channal ?

Yes.

Lightning just said it better than I could, in the end simply put, Vince Russo is a complete idiot who occasionally managed to luck out on a good storyline and because of it, has come to believe he's gods gift to wrestling. He's the Teddy Hart of story writers, only without the actual talent to back up the ego.

These days most fans treat Jim Cornette and Vince Russo the same way, which is understandable. They have a lot in common. They're both very outspoken and like to communicate with the fans via podcasts/twitter. You could make an argument for both of them being out-of-touch. Like lightning116 mentioned, they both have problems admitting that they've made poor decisions and instead try to deflect blame for their failures onto innocent people. Both catch a lot of flak from the fans because of their radical views on wrestling. Personally, I'm a big fan of both of them because unlike most of the wrestling pundits out there, they don't just make the same played out comments that everybody else makes. They don't just say things they know fans will agree with or want to hear. It's very refreshing.

I enjoy hearing from both but find myself agreeing with Vince Russo more often than Jim Cornette lately. I love Cornette but him being so old fashioned and resistant to change makes it hard for me to understand where he's coming form sometimes. I don't get the "funny ? money" sentiment at all. I think funny definitely = money. I also think he was totally wrong about guys like Steen, the Bucks, Generico, and Cabana in ROH. I think Russo is a lot more open minded and encourages experimentation in wrestling, which is great. Even if he's responsible for a lot of terrible TV, I appreciate how influential he was in making wrestling more of a cross-genre show with a variety of themes, settings, and characters. That's the direction I want to see wrestling continue to go in, but Cornette wants it to go the opposite way towards simple, classic pro wrestling. Having that been said, I find myself rolling my eyes while listening to Russo talk all the time. He makes plenty of stupid comments too. That's what makes these guys so entertaining though.

They're both insane for completely different reasons.

These days most fans treat Jim Cornette and Vince Russo the same way, which is understandable. They have a lot in common. They're both very outspoken and like to communicate with the fans via podcasts/twitter. You could make an argument for both of them being out-of-touch. Like lightning116 mentioned, they both have problems admitting that they've made poor decisions and instead try to deflect blame for their failures onto innocent people. Both catch a lot of flak from the fans because of their radical views on wrestling. Personally, I'm a big fan of both of them because unlike most of the wrestling pundits out there, they don't just make the same played out comments that everybody else makes. They don't just say things they know fans will agree with or want to hear. It's very refreshing.

I enjoy hearing from both but find myself agreeing with Vince Russo more often than Jim Cornette lately. I love Cornette but him being so old fashioned and resistant to change makes it hard for me to understand where he's coming form sometimes. I don't get the "funny ? money" sentiment at all. I think funny definitely = money. I also think he was totally wrong about guys like Steen, the Bucks, Generico, and Cabana in ROH. I think Russo is a lot more open minded and encourages experimentation in wrestling, which is great. Even if he's responsible for a lot of terrible TV, I appreciate how influential he was in making wrestling more of a cross-genre show with a variety of themes, settings, and characters. That's the direction I want to see wrestling continue to go in, but Cornette wants it to go the opposite way towards simple, classic pro wrestling. Having that been said, I find myself rolling my eyes while listening to Russo talk all the time. He makes plenty of stupid comments too. That's what makes these guys so entertaining though.

They're both insane for completely different reasons.

I have a feeling that Russo would have had similar thoughts on The Bucks and Steen. Not sure how he would have felt about Cabana or Generico though. One thing's for sure, though. Cornette has never helped with a 24-hour charity stream and provided hours of entertainment, while doing so. Russo > Cornette, in my book

Seriously guys it's really not a competition. Both of them are huge problems in their own ways. Russo for writing wrestling as if he's trying to write a comedy anime, and Cornette for being so goddamn set and stubborn in his own ways that he hated 2 of the single most talented guys on planet because they weren't to his ideal.

I listen to Vince Russo's Nuclear Heat podcast every week and I still hate his guts. Why do I continue to listen to it? So I can get an understanding or point of view from someone that's different to mine. But sometimes, it's just too much and I end up turning the podcast off early.

Russo is over-hated IMO. He was a terrible booker (And an even worse on-screen authority figure) but I don't think he's the absolute worst. Anything he ever booked that was good was because it was filtered through others, and anything horrible was 100% his doing. People seem to overlook that at various points throughout his career he was working with others, or as a part of a booking committee. If you think Judy Bagwell on a Pole was a horrible idea, look into some of the things that Disco Inferno proposed when he was a part of the WCW booking team.

It's really not complex. When put through multiple filters, an occasional diamond can be gained from his shit pile. However when an idiot company lets him run with his stupid ass ideas (eg TNA), then it turns in to a bloody insult. There's no double standard here.

Well said.

Plus, there is no proof of what ideas from the AE are his or not, just his word on the matter: and he has proved to be full of s... on multiple occasions.

Archived