all data lost, file corrupted

Kaeyas Oblivion

Isn't the first time this has happened to me, happened back in early November as well after trying to save a custom title. I lost everything the first time but the time I decided not to start a new save. I have 70 caws and at least 65 of them are made custom or copied over, stat by stat from previous years. I already know what caused the problem. I turned my system off in Universe before it was done saving which I just learned, unfortunately, will corrupt it every time. Is there any way I can save my CAWS? Maybe copy them somewhere else and recopy over after I start a new save? I don't care about losing my universe or story mode, just be happy to get my CAWS back. I spent a very long time making them. Any help would be EXTREMELY appreciated. Thank you

~Kaeyas~

Also, checked over the data, piece by piece on my HD and none of them appeared to be corrupted...even showed a few of my CAWS that I had lost back in November.

Not quiting while the game is loading/saving would be a start o.o

I think you can save them on a external-hard drive or save 20 of them - at best - by uploading them to the CC. But either way...chance is very high that they are corrupted and/or gone.

What system are you on? If PS4, did you have it set to upload your save to the cloud? If so you might be able to pull a backed up save from the cloud that still works, if not.. well, sorry, you may very well be utterly *censored*ed.

It was kind of an accident. I hit b while turning it off which made it try to save. I know it's my fault but still...I don't want to spend the next 2 months rebuilding my roster.

I guess I could just hook up a USB from my laptop and back it up like that then? I'm pretty sure it's the universe data and not the caws. So would I need to delete the regular data and just copy the caws over?

Well, I will wait around until I can get it figured out...give me a chance to do other things again. Like going out, reading, writing my novel and working out more than 3x a week lol

I actually wondered what would happen if I went into my HD and just deleted the game save stuff and not my CAWS, but I figure it would probably just wipe it all when it created the new save data. May try that first once I have it backed up. I remember a while back on WWE 13' I had a corrupt data and had to start over. I had caw I had started but not finished. A few days after saving my unfinished CAW, I turned my game on and went to edit said CAW and was shocked to see one of my old CAWS that was lost in the data corruption in it's place. Never did figure that one out!

Hello

I had the same problem (see my thread) I have tried all known methods on the Xbox 360.

It seems the new save file does not recognise the slots for the CAWS from the old save file.

The only way to get around this would be to load the save file on a PC and try to examine in more detail..but this is beyond my current ability for now.

I watched a bunch of YouTube videos on the subject last night. None of them where about 2k wwe games but some of them had one thing in common. They all copied the files over via USB or memory stick and then modified the save file. Some deleted a few things and then put it back and it worked, and a few did nothing more than change the name of the file and it seemed to work. One of the things my files DO NOT have in common with any of these is that on most of the videos, one of the files indeed showed corruption when selecting them one by one to move. I have went over all files for 2k16 including the save file suspected of causing the issue and none of them say corrupted or have the yellow ! That marks a corrupted file. So idk. I may experiment with it this weekend. Gotta get me a memory stick with enough space to hold all the files though.

It's happened to me twice now, 3x if you count previous WWE games. First time was years ago on 13'. Second was this game in late October or early November and I had about 35 CAWS. It occurred after trying to save a custom belt. IF by some miracle, I get my CAWS back, I'm going to start backing up my data everything I make something new. Losing arenas, story mode or universe data is no biggie but losing 70 something custom CAWS, each taking over an hour to make, REALLY bites.

Think I'm going to mess with it tonight. Go get me a flash drive and back it all up and try some things. If I suceed, I will post my results. I am not deleting my save data. If I fail, this game will become another expensive dust collector. Not giving up though, going to try everything I can think of.

Got my USB stick and downloaded modio. Going to experiment in about an hour. Just don't know if I need to move everything or just the save data that got messed up. Went through every bit of 2k16 save data I have and none of them say they are corrupted or damaged so who knows what will happen when I get it onto my laptop.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived