2016 Hall Of Fame Class Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone sayin ugh to Christian... Dudes resume in the wwe is more than enough to get a HOF ticket. Again, if Kish can get in then so can Christian.

Such as? Without mentioning E&C. His run as a heel when he betrayed Jericho was good, but that aside... and his run after coming back from TNA was dull, with a capital D.

So who's inducting Sting lmao

I heard Ricardo Flair.

Everyone sayin ugh to Christian... Dudes resume in the wwe is more than enough to get a HOF ticket. Again, if Kish can get in then so can Christian.

Such as? Without mentioning E&C. His run as a heel when he betrayed Jericho was good, but that aside... and his run after coming back from TNA was dull, with a capital D.
His E&C run is enough to get him in. That's like saying Dudleys don't deserve to be inducted in the Hall of Fame because their success isn't distributed and they'll only he known for their tag team stuff. It doesn't matter. The level of success - if sufficient - even in one role warrants you a place in Hall of Fame. And Christian has had that with E&C as well as a fairly successful singles career regardless of the last 4-5 years. It's outright absurd and delusional to think otherwise.

E&C deserve to be in, no doubt, but Christian as a singles wrestler has been unimpressive.

Also, I JUST remembered that he was pushed, became a champion, and lost to Randy when I wasn't watching WWE, so I guess I'll take back my statement. Unfair to pass judgment. But from what I've seen, great as E&C, didn't see enough of unAmericans, don't remember C+J, and good feud with Jericho.

During an interview with Sports Illustrated, Scott Hall mentioned that he believes Sting was never comfortable wrestling in WWE, mainly because he was an outsider and didn’t know anyone.

“I was there and obviously involved in his match at WrestleMania last year. We’re rehearsing the match in Cali last year at Levi Stadium, and it’s the Kliq and the New Age Outlaws out there, and we all know each other. And then there’s Sting, who doesn’t know anybody. He’s an outsider. I just think he never felt comfortable there. Being hurt was answered prayer for him–just let it end.

“You need to remember that Vince is never going to go with something he didn’t create. But we didn’t get anything done at the rehearsal the night before, so WrestleMania day, there were tents in the parking lot set up with rings for rehearsal. So we’re all in there again, and I’m next to Hulk on the ring apron, and Triple H is going over the match and then he goes, ‘OK, he’ll break the sledgehammer, and then I’ll hit him with the sledgehammer, and cover him, 1-2-3.’ I looked at Hulk, and Hulk looked at me, and I was thinking, ‘Sting, what kind of lawyer do you have, bro? You’re coming in the door doing a job? You weren’t even guaranteed to go over?’ That’s Vince just reminding you who won, even if he’s going to make money the other way.”

You can read the full interview at this link.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/scott-hall-believes-sting-was-not-comfortable-wrestling-in-wwe/

Vader isn't yet? What

neither is Rick Rude, Davey Boy Smith(or Dynamite Kid), Bam Bam, Demolition, Honky Tonk Man, Rick Martel, Bossman, Cyndi Lauper.

But *censored*ing Rikishi is...

Let that sink in.

Rick Rude needs to go in first. He was always one of my favorites, and as a kid growing up in the 80's, he was one of the top 10 wrestlers of that era in the WWE. Sure, he never won the world title in the WWE (he did in WCW) but he was a main event level heel. And maybe it's just me remembering him as greater than he was, but at last year's Hall of Fame, his name was mentioned a couple of time by a few different people, and each time his name got a huge pop, so clearly I'm not alone in thinking Rude was awesome. I think he needs to be inducted right way.

Demolition and Honky need to be in too. Demolition obviously started off as Road Warrior rip-offs, but they got over on their own, had their own style, and held the tag belts longer than any other team. They've already inducted the Road Warriors, and Demolition were the WWE version.

And Honky Tonk Man, while he doesn't scream out "Hall of Famer" to me, if guys like Rikishi and Koko B Ware can get in, Honky should as well. If nothing else, he is the longest reigning IC champion of all time.

There's a lot of guys I think need to be in, Vader, Sid, Bam Bam, Lex Luger, Goldberg, DDP, Owen Hart, Bulldog, Rick Martel, Tito Santana, One Man Gang/Akeem, Big Boss Man, etc. And that's before we even get to the Attitude era wrestlers that need to be in. But those three I'd like to see go in as soon as possible. And if they insist on doing a celeb every year, than Cyndi Lauper defiantly deserves to go in. Unlike someone like Drew Carry, she was a major player in helping WWE become mainstream.

Seriously not everyone has to be iconic to get into the WWE Hall of fame. You don't need to have been a 5 time WWE Champion or the face of the company to get in otherwise the Hall of Fame would be small as hell.

If you're talking a WWE Mount Rushmore than sure but not the WWE Hall of Fame. Rosters are huge so it be impossible to even try it that way not to mention unfair to guys who didn't get to that main event level but still busted their ass out there night after night and always got amazing live audience reaction when working face and great heat as a heel. Guys that did a lot of great stuff in the upper and lower mid card, the tag team divisions, Hardcore, etc.

Rikishi was one of the most popular talents in the Attitude era and before his return, same with Christian. Never once didn't get the reaction he walked out there for because he earned that by performing great consistently and that's why he'll eventually get inducted.

Sting would be on that wrestling "Mount Rushmore" that J.R. likes to talk about. He's one of the top 5 or top 10 most iconic wrestlers of all time.

And my personal bias says that this is already the greatest HOF class of all time.

Honestly, I just don't agree. That Mt.Rushmore would be Hogan, Rock, Cena, Austin, and Vince. No one else really.

Archived