2016 Hall Of Fame Class Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rikishi's bitcass didn't even mention Too Cool in his speech.

Too Cool weren't cool enough.

Not shocked Sting is the headliner. Good for him and his fans, he's definitely earned the induction. Didn't know Lauper wasn't in, given she's one of the biggest players in the first Wrestlemania. Too early for Christian, not that he should be inducted anyway when he hasn't done anything worthy as a singles star. He had the most influence with Edge, and he had a good run before he went to TNA. Then he just sucked.

Lemmy should get in this year and it wouldn't even be because he just died as he was long overdue for a celeb hall of fame induction, the sad things is that now if it comes he won't be here to accept it. WWE needs to stop *censored*ing around and induct people that deserve to get in while they're still alive. I know the HoF induction in itself is meaningless, but seeing longtime favorites return one last time like Warrior did a few years ago is priceless.

"We've noted for months how there's been talk of The Fabulous Freebirds going into the WWE Hall of Fame this year in Dallas. It looks like the group will be going in but there's been a lot of talk about whether or not Jimmy Garvin will be going in with Michael "PS" Hayes, Buddy Roberts and Terry Gordy. Word is that Garvin will also be inducted, thanks to Hayes.

Another name rumored for this year's Hall of Fame class former WWE, WCW, NJPW, All Japan, AWA and NWA star Stan Hansen.

Former World Heavyweight Champion Vader indicated on Twitter a few weeks back that he may be inducted but we've heard nothing like that coming out of WWE.

One possible name who hasn't been reported is current announcer JBL. He's not a lock for this year's class but there are people within WWE who would not be surprised to see JBL inducted this year.

As noted, Sting will be this year's headliner."

Source LOP

Heard about the Freebirds and Hansen on Taz's Show this morning. I feel like whoever Stone Cold wants in the HOF will get in. :lol: First Macho Man and for the past year he's been campaigning for the Freebirds to get in too.

Freebirds suck.

Would be cool with Hansen.

Vader better get in.

JBL can eat a bag of dicks...but I guess I shouldn't let his worthless commentary detract from his Acolytes, APA, and "wrestling god" eras. Once upon a time, I did enjoy me some JBL. He's just become an absolute turd burglar since then...

I just liked his character. There's no arguing that he made WWE more entertaining during the time he was a performer...if even for no reason other than the fact that he was an asshole. He put over Eddie and Rey tremendously by being a racist bigot. Even if you don't like peanut butter, you have to acknowledge that you certainly can't make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without it...and that's why I give JBL credit as a performer. Those types of characters add tremendous amounts of intensity to feuds. And prior to his JBL tenure, I thought APA were great in their backstage segments where they did nothiong but drink and smoke and beat people down...so his in-ring ability seemed like a moot point to me.

Eh...I personally was not entertained by him at all, but each their own.

You didn't root for Eddie or Rey against him? Those were pretty memorable feuds.

Ofcourse I did...they are Eddie Guerrero & Rey Mysterio...

Yes, but that isn't what made those feuds memorable. It was the intensity of the bigotry from JBL that made those feuds memorable. Those feuds wouldn't have just worked with any random opponent. You specifically remember Eddie vs JBL and Rey vs JBL because they were key matches. Like JBL or not, he contributed directly to those matches and made them memorable. Even as I type this, I can imagine the audacity in JBL's voice as he proclaimed himself a wrestling god and talked down on Eddie and Rey because they were "wetbacks".

Is Sensational Sherrie in the Hall of Fame yet? If not, then she deserves to be just for her immensive role as the Sensational "Queen" Sherri with Macho Man in the late 80's to mid 1991.

She is, Class of 2006.

Why the *Censored* isnt Sable in there yet.....

I don't know if Sable is really HoF worthy. I mean...probably a long time from now, when she's 70 or something, but not any time soon. She was great eye candy...and it was cool that she kinda started the whole male vs female movement in wrestling...but, I don't know. She really feels like more of a footnote in women's wrestling than anything else. Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler...do they get in eventually? Because I only put Sable a bit above them in terms of importance to the industry. All three of those girls go into the "eventually, but not any time soon" category for me.

Plus JBL put in the hours. Dude has been a hoss throughout his career. Plus JBL in 2005 was great. His backstage antics should not be a factor tbh.

Agreed, always liked JBL. Minus the shower rape stuff, technically it wasn't rape since Edge stood there and let him do it.

Plus JBL put in the hours. Dude has been a hoss throughout his career. Plus JBL in 2005 was great. His backstage antics should not be a factor tbh.

Agreed, always liked JBL. Minus the shower rape stuff, technically it wasn't rape since Edge stood there and let him do it.

Wait, what lmao

Archived