CAW etiquette and broadcasting universe mode

ECSweatshirt

Hi All,

I want to do an all caw territory universe. Six different promotions, all sharing a title, and using PPV as cross-promotion events. I plan on broadcasting this on youtube.

I am making quite a few CAWs to fill out my roster, but there is no way I will make enough for the whole universe. Which leads me to my question, what is the etiquette for using other people's CAWs in a broadcast? I use custom sliders and attributes, so I will be modifying the attributes of anyone I download. Do people get upset about this?

I won't be trying to pass other people work off as my own. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Aslong as you give credit to the creators there is no problem using original CAWs that were uploaded to the CC. People who don't want that usually don't upload their CAWs in the first place.

Agreed, but some creators hold their creations so near and dear to their heart, that the way they envision their CAW, is the way it should be used and portrayed everywhere. For instance, I've got a caw of mine who I've used in a few efeds, Brent Starr. He's a complete dick to everyone but his friends/kliq. He insults everyone, and at one point was on a huge tear through the feds he was in. I think it was upwards to 60 wins 10 losses. So he wasn't losing much at all for awhile, so to see him dominant in every fed, and then a complete jobber in some random pop-up fed would have irked me back then.

Nowadays, my creations are uploaded for whatever use, so long as they're not used as squash match fodder. That would make my own fed/matches I broadcast, look bad when a jobber in "Fed A" is a main eventer in my own company. That being said, I feel as long as you contact the creator, and get a feel for how they portray the character, and you get their approval with how you plan on using their creation(s), all the power to ya.

I believe you might want to ask people, and inform them that you plan to change attributes and things, first before downloading them, and to make sure they'd be alright with it. Just to be on the safe side of things.

PS. I would like to contribute some caws of mine to this show.

I have been wanting a show like this, where you don't actually have to get online and wrestle cause

///////////

one: I was never good at wrestling online against other players.

two: Now that they've made it where you have to have a membership, so I can't get online.

////////////

So this is perfect for me, I just want to beable to watch the show, see how my caw/s progress.

One thing I would like to add, is that if you do indeed download them, to not edit their attire or moveset. Their entrance and attributes, I don't care so much about, as long as you don't weaken them too much.

This is for PlayStation 4, correct?

I'll upload my caws tonight, sometime. When do you think you'll get around to being able to start the shows?

I believe you might want to ask people, and inform them that you plan to change attributes and things, first before downloading them, and to make sure they'd be alright with it. Just to be on the safe side of things.

PS. I would like to contribute some caws of mine to this show.

I have been wanting a show like this, where you don't actually have to get online and wrestle cause

///////////

one: I was never good at wrestling online against other players.

two: Now that they've made it where you have to have a membership, so I can't get online.

////////////

So this is perfect for me, I just want to beable to watch the show, see how my caw/s progress.

One thing I would like to add, is that if you do indeed download them, to not edit their attire or moveset. Their entrance and attributes, I don't care so much about, as long as you don't weaken them too much.

This is for PlayStation 4, correct?

I'll upload my caws tonight, sometime. When do you think you'll get around to being able to start the shows?

I plan on making major changes to the attributes. I wont post the link because it is from another forum, but to give you an idea Brock Lesnar is an 84 overall and the highest rated non legend wrestler in my game thus far. Adam Rose, who I think is the lowest rated, is at 47 overall. I am in the process of re-rating the roster from the game. Once that is done I plan to re-rate my caws.

The only other thing I may change is face/heel status. I plan on only doing this if I have to. Also, if the game changes someone I wont change it back.

I will start a new thread to recruit CAWs and go more in depth in that thread about how this universe will be run. As for this thread, I feel like I have my answer. I am just going to ask people before using their caws.

Archived