Sasha Banks as Intercontinental Champion

Crowley

Yes, Bring the womens title back

No. Create a new one. The Women's Championship has had a much worse history than the Divas Championship.

A new one, like what? The "Hoe-Division" title? The "Pussyweight" division championship? Womens title is the most prestigious title I can think of.

I think he means the Women's Championship, but a new design.

Nah. I'm including the entire history of the Women's Championship.

Needs to be gone. Start building the division at point zero

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. Create a new one. The Women's Championship has had a much worse history than the Divas Championship.

A new one, like what? The "Hoe-Division" title? The "Pussyweight" division championship? Womens title is the most prestigious title I can think of.

Yeah. Last thing I want to see is them slap a gigantic W or some other horrendously simple looking design they'd more than likely coming up with. So either the one we're used to or the Alundra Blayze title should be returned.

They did well with Cody bringing back the classic so the women could also.

Yeah. Last thing I want to see is them slap a gigantic W or some other horrendously simple looking design they'd more than likely coming up with. So either the one we're used to or the Alundra Blayze title should be returned.

The Women's Championship lastly used by WWE looks plain as hell.

And the Blayze title is quite small by today standards.

In NXT? Sure. On the main roster? Not so much.

Interesting that you'd say that. Personally, I wouldn't want to see it on NXT. I'd be afraid that it would take away from what makes the show special.

In my opinion, their women's division is one of the few things that NXT does better than other promotions and makes them stand out. When you think about it, there's nothing else like it in the wrestling world. TNA's women's division is poorly booked and not so different from the main roster Divas division. And you can't compare NXT to women's only promotions like Shimmer or Stardom. Then there's the groups like Lucha Underground/PWG/Chikara/AIW/Beyond/ect that regularly feature matches between men and women. Most of the things WWE fans love about NXT are being done much better in other promotions. The women's division is not one of them. You won't find an old fashioned women's only division on a primarily male wrestling show that is booked so well and has gotten so over with the fans.

I agree.

There is nothing wrong with having seperate Women's/Men's division - infact it is something that I prefer. Atleast outside of Japan. NXt does it's women's division well enough. They don't need to win a men's championship to proof that they're on par with them.

I'd like to clarify that even though I have no problem with separate divisions for men and women, I prefer integrated divisions. My favorite promotion is Lucha Underground, and the fact that men and women face off is one of the many reasons why. But that is not uncommon in wrestling today. NXT's division is different. There's nothing like it. That's why I wouldn't want to see it change. Seeing Sasha Banks vs. Sami Zayn would be neat, but chances are Beyond Wrestling or whoever would be doing it even better. No one is doing a women's only division on a men's show as well as NXT though. It's a one of a kind division.

On the other hand, I really like consistency in wrestling. If I was going to be critical of the NXT women's division, aside from a lot of the wrestlers in it not being that good, I would say it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Why is someone as small as Hideo Itami allowed to go up against someone as large as Baron Corbin on the same show? I think cartoonier wrestling shows like RAW and Lucha Underground don't need weight classes or gender segregated divisions. More realistic shows like New Japan Pro wrestling should have them. I make an exception in the case of a cartoony show like NXT because like I said, that division is unlike anything in wrestling and gives me a reason to watch once in a while.

I'm pretty sure a new womens belt design would look something like this:

rsh4js.png

Are you trying to pass this off as something bad? A Women's World championship that looks exactly like the Men's World Championship would be something good.

rsh4js.png

Are you trying to pass this off as something bad? A Women's World championship that looks exactly like the Men's World Championship would be something good.

Uhm yeah, for several reasons. First of all, the giant W on the mens belt looks awful to me so them just keeping it on the womens belt would be just as bad. Next, making it a pink color would make it look like that awful Jeff Hardy TNA belt, and lastly, they'd probably slap on a few butterflies like the Divas belt they had. How about making a legit looking belt with flags from the top wrestling countries like USA, Mexico, Japan, Canada and such and the world as the centerplate rather than a huge W? It can have pink, maybe the words "Womens World Title" can be in pink, but don't make it all that color.

LOL, I'd rather keep the current Divas championship design if it looks anything like that.

As far as getting rid of the segregated divisions in WWE, I don't see it happening anytime soon. At the very least, we'll probably be lucky to see a handful of one-off integrated matches within the next several years. At first, I thought the idea of Sasha Banks - or any Diva, for that matter - winning a male championship sounded silly...but now that I think about it, it would be cool to see and be apart of. Women athletes seem to be getting a lot more exposure and recognition more so than ever.

The Women's Championship lastly used by WWE looks plain as hell.

And the Blayze title is quite small by today standards.

1. It never bothered me like the butterfly does

2. Make the design larger than if the size is that big of an issue. Works for me either way.

rsh4js.png

Uhm yeah, for several reasons. First of all, the giant W on the mens belt looks awful to me so them just keeping it on the womens belt would be just as bad. Next, making it a pink color would make it look like that awful Jeff Hardy TNA belt, and lastly, they'd probably slap on a few butterflies like the Divas belt they had. How about making a legit looking belt with flags from the top wrestling countries like USA, Mexico, Japan, Canada and such and the world as the centerplate rather than a huge W? It can have pink, maybe the words "Womens World Title" can be in pink, but don't make it all that color.

That would also be fine.

But that wasn't my approach in my post.

Because I - personally - don't have a problem with the WWE Championship design.

Just with the rehersal of old designs.

That belt looks like shit. I'm afraid that with them trying to market the product more to girls, you might be seeing a lot of props that look like that. I think Bayley is great, but WWE will probably try way too hard and go overboard. They don't know what the 18-30 male demographic that has been watching for years wants, so how the hell are they going to know what the 8-13 female demographic wants? It's completely foreign to them. If any girls are actually watching the show, it's going to be because they happen to like wrestling. It will have nothing to do with Divas, butterflies, or colorful bracelets. They can see that stuff elsewhere, without having to sit through sweaty, bearded guys in their underwear punching each other in the face.

I wouldn't mind too much if WWE reverted back to the classic Divas/Women's championship design, but I'd prefer them to recreate the Divas championship and make it look more professional, like the NXT Women's championship -- and not like a toy that an 8 year-old girl would probably make.

It would be a mistake to make women vs mens matches a common thing in WWE. First build up the womens division through stars like Sasha and Becky and other NXT women, NOT the main roster divas like the Bellas or Alisha Fox. Then once the division is in full force have a top women wrestler take on a mid-carder from the male division that will benefit as much from this feud as the women will.

That belt looks like shit. I'm afraid that with them trying to market the product more to girls, you might be seeing a lot of props that look like that. I think Bayley is great, but WWE will probably try way too hard and go overboard. They don't know what the 18-30 male demographic that has been watching for years wants, so how the hell are they going to know what the 8-13 female demographic wants? It's completely foreign to them. If any girls are actually watching the show, it's going to be because they happen to like wrestling. It will have nothing to do with Divas, butterflies, or colorful bracelets. They can see that stuff elsewhere, without having to sit through sweaty, bearded guys in their underwear punching each other in the face.

Yeah, WWE doesn't know how to market "wrestling", they only know how to market "entertainment" which means the womens division will be all pink and purple with butterflies and flowers. It wouldn't surprise me if they turned the womens belt into a "championship bracelet" to try and sell more merchandise to little girls.

I kind of want to see Dean Ambrose lose the title to Nikki Bella via a knockout elbow clean to see the shitstory. "NIKKI BELLA-CENA OVERCAME THE ODDS" Nikki Bella-Cena, because that's her new ring name if she marries Big Match John someday. We'll get Big Match Nikki too.

dear god no, but this is sad but true. Imagine Nikki and John's off spring, the 15 time diva's champ, or 15 time wwe champ ! and sorry Bri/Daniel but yeah, you two will get over shadowed by them..

Died In The Womb 2: I Wish It Happened To Your Mom

Never going to happen.

Ever.

Sasha Banks probably won't win the Intercontinental title in 2016, but I wouldn't say never. If a woman doesn't win a men's title in WWE within three years, I will suck the dicks of everyone on caws.ws.

... that's a dangerous thing to say.

Archived