Sasha Banks as Intercontinental Champion

Crowley

They don’t call Sasha Banks “The Boss” because she’s known for her micromanagement skills. With her flashy style and in-ring technique, she specializes in disrupting the status quo. After main-eventing NXT TakeOver and competing in NXT’s first women-only Iron Man Match, she’s off to a great start.

It has been more than 10 years since a Diva challenged for — yet alone won — a male championship in WWE. Past Divas did it with power moves and frying pans, but Banks’ high-risk style affords her the ability to take down much larger opponents. Plus, the classic Intercontinental Championship would look perfect around Sasha Banks’ waist.

- WWE.com, 10 Things we want to see in 2016

How would you feel about The Boss winning the Intercontinental Championship? Having divisions segregated by gender doesn't fit the cartoony, PG-rated world of WWE at all. It's also just a very old fashioned way of doing things in wrestling. I had a suspicion when they signed Kana that Triple H is interested in booking intergender matches in the future. It takes WWE a long time to catch up with the rest of the wrestling world, but maybe they'll finally make the change and jettison the god awful divas division. I think putting the intercontinental title on Sasha Banks would be a good start.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, why not? I kinda have wanted to see intergender matches back in WWE for a while now, after seeing how well it's been done in PWG, Lucha Underground and elsewhere. But would WWE do it right? Probably not.

With intergender wrestling happening in WWE being so unlikely, I really wanna see the divas get more stipulation matches in 2016 at least. We got the divas tables match a couple years ago with LayCool and the Divas of Doom, last year we got the IronWoman match with Sasha-Bayley. I heard an idea going around on the Taz Show when they were doing some fantasy booking for Mania. One guy pitched a first ever Divas Money in the Bank Ladder match with Sasha Banks being the inaugural winner. I really like the idea and I couldn't think of a better winner.

the 4 Horse Women each come out 1 after the other and begin fighting amongs themselves. Then they all eliminate atleast 10 guys together 1 after. Now that equals true Diva Revolution :)

I mean, why not? I kinda have wanted to see intergender matches back in WWE for a while now, after seeing how well it's been done in PWG, Lucha Underground and elsewhere. But would WWE do it right? Probably not.

Of course not, but that almost makes me want to see it even more.

I kind of want to see Dean Ambrose lose the title to Nikki Bella via a knockout elbow clean to see the shitstory. "NIKKI BELLA-CENA OVERCAME THE ODDS" Nikki Bella-Cena, because that's her new ring name if she marries Big Match John someday. We'll get Big Match Nikki too.

I'd pay good money to see that. I want to see Brie Mode beat three members of Evolution in one night at WrestleMania. "THE MIRACLE KID, THE MIRACLE KID!"

I kind of want to see Dean Ambrose lose the title to Nikki Bella via a knockout elbow clean to see the shitstory. "NIKKI BELLA-CENA OVERCAME THE ODDS" Nikki Bella-Cena, because that's her new ring name if she marries Big Match John someday. We'll get Big Match Nikki too.

dear god no, but this is sad but true. Imagine Nikki and John's off spring, the 15 time diva's champ, or 15 time wwe champ ! and sorry Bri/Daniel but yeah, you two will get over shadowed by them..

In NXT? Sure. On the main roster? Not so much.

Interesting that you'd say that. Personally, I wouldn't want to see it on NXT. I'd be afraid that it would take away from what makes the show special.

In my opinion, their women's division is one of the few things that NXT does better than other promotions and makes them stand out. When you think about it, there's nothing else like it in the wrestling world. TNA's women's division is poorly booked and not so different from the main roster Divas division. And you can't compare NXT to women's only promotions like Shimmer or Stardom. Then there's the groups like Lucha Underground/PWG/Chikara/AIW/Beyond/ect that regularly feature matches between men and women. Most of the things WWE fans love about NXT are being done much better in other promotions. The women's division is not one of them. You won't find an old fashioned women's only division on a primarily male wrestling show that is booked so well and has gotten so over with the fans.

Yes, Bring the womens title back

No. Create a new one. The Women's Championship has had a much worse history than the Divas Championship.

A new one, like what? The "Hoe-Division" title? The "Pussyweight" division championship? Womens title is the most prestigious title I can think of.

In NXT? Sure. On the main roster? Not so much.

Interesting that you'd say that. Personally, I wouldn't want to see it on NXT. I'd be afraid that it would take away from what makes the show special.

In my opinion, their women's division is one of the few things that NXT does better than other promotions and makes them stand out. When you think about it, there's nothing else like it in the wrestling world. TNA's women's division is poorly booked and not so different from the main roster Divas division. And you can't compare NXT to women's only promotions like Shimmer or Stardom. Then there's the groups like Lucha Underground/PWG/Chikara/AIW/Beyond/ect that regularly feature matches between men and women. Most of the things WWE fans love about NXT are being done much better in other promotions. The women's division is not one of them. You won't find an old fashioned women's only division on a primarily male wrestling show that is booked so well and has gotten so over with the fans.

I agree.

There is nothing wrong with having seperate Women's/Men's division - infact it is something that I prefer. Atleast outside of Japan. NXt does it's women's division well enough. They don't need to win a men's championship to proof that they're on par with them.

No. Create a new one. The Women's Championship has had a much worse history than the Divas Championship.

A new one, like what? The "Hoe-Division" title? The "Pussyweight" division championship? Womens title is the most prestigious title I can think of.

"World Championship". Simple.

The Women's title had meaningless reigns, like Moolah's, who had the title for 10 years because of name recognition (if even that.) It was vacated over and over again, because of the bad treatment of the division. Harvey Wippleman held the title. There were numerous stupid stipulations attached to Women's Championship matches ("evening gown pool match" ... ).

I think he means the Women's Championship, but a new design.

Nah, just make the womens title mean something again.

Even if they transplanted the entire NXT women's division over to the main roster and by some miracle they didn't screw it up, I don't think it'd last more than a few years. The fact is that like it or not, women's only divisions are going extinct. Promotions like Stardom will still exist. There will still be lucha libre and puroresu promotions with divisions split up according to weight and gender. But within ten years, pretty much all mainstream American promotions will book intergender matches. Especially WWE. When you're trying so hard to be family friendly and politically correct, you have to do it. It's just the next logical step for them.

Archived