The Puro General Discussion Thread

AssaultDriver720

The Puroresu Spirit website reported today that as of 10/1, ownership of Pro Wrestling NOAH will be transferred to Estbee, Ltd. Estbee is a Japanese IT company.

Masayuki Uchida will be taking over the role as the president of the promotion and Yosuke Fuwa will be the new representing director. Akira Taue, who had been overseeing the company, will remain an advisor and consultant.

NOAH has struggled in the years since the passing of its founder Mitsuharu Misawa.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=105707

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, here is the latest on the sale of Pro Wrestling NOAH. NOAH has been struggling in recent years, and was being funded by NJPW. NJPW sent Jado over to help book the company, paid for the foreigners and other salaries, and also sent over Suzuki-Gun, Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka, Desperado, Taichi, Taka Michinoku, Lance Archer, Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Shelton Benjamin (who is now gone).

New Japan had a minority share in NOAH, and while they had worked to help grow the company, the lack of TV hurt the company’s attempts at growth. Naomichi Marufuji, who had been running the company with Akira Taue, had worked with the Tokyo Chamber of Commerce to look for new sponsors. NOAH was losing money due to declining attendance.

Estbee, an IT Company, bought NOAH after meeting with Naomichi Marufuji back on October 10th. The sale was finalized on October 31st. New Japan owner Takaaki Kidani said he was very surprised to hear the news.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/more-on-the-sale-of-pro-wrestling-noah-new-japans-involvement-when-the-deal-happened/

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pro Wrestling NOAH has released the full match card for their upcoming event on March 12th in Yokohama, Japan. This will be the first joint show of the recently announced Noah and Impact Wrestling partnership, featuring James Storm, Eddie Edwards and Moose.

(1) Maybach Taniguchi, Akitoshi Saito & Yoshinari Ogawa vs. HAYATA, YO-HEY & Rionne Fujiwara

(2) Taiji Ishimori & HI69 © vs. Daisuke Harada & Tadasuke for the GHC Jr. Tag Team Championships.

(3) Hajime Ohara © vs. Hitoshi Kumano for the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Championship

(4) James Storm vs. Kaito Kiyomiya

(5) Eddie Edwards vs. Atsushi Kotoge

(6) Naomichi Marufuji & Keiji Mutoh (Great Muta) vs. Moose & KAZMA

(7) Takashi Sugiura & Kenoh vs. Masa Kitamiya & Mohammad Yone

(8) Katsuhiko Nakajima © vs. Go Shiozaki for the GHC Heavyweight Championship.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/809393-pro-wrestling-noah-announces-first-match-card-feat-impact-wrestling-stars-wwe-now-selling-finn-balor-replica-jackets

• 3 weeks later...

According to sescoops.com, Cody Hall (the son of Scott Hall) has signed with Pro Wrestling NOAH. Cody worked for NJPW in 2015 & 2016, but has been out of action since the Invasion Attack 2016 event due to an injury. Cody is scheduled to face Go Shiozaki on April 14th. While nothing has been confirmed, Pro Wrestling NOAH recently signed a working agreement with Impact Wrestling, which means he could end up on Impact a part of the working agreement.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/cody-hall-signs-with-pro-wrestling-noah/

Hall in Noah is interesting. Unfortuantely, I don't have a great way of keeping up with Noah outside of youtube videos...but maybe we'll see him in Impact as part of that partnership. Not a fan of Hall or anything...dude is still green as hell. But, he's still a second gen wrestler worth keeping an eye on.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I try to keep up with NOAH...even though I consider it to be the most difficult promotion to follow with the language barrier and lack of viewing options. In any case, I guess Cody Hall is teaming with this dude named Randy Reign, and they're in some sort of Tag League, which is happening in...(May?). Bram is also in that competition. Don't really know any of the Japanese wrestlers on the NOAH side of things...but I'm interested in how Cody has come along as a performer.

• 3 weeks later...

So, Bram has been suspended by NOAH for posting a photo on instagram of him laying on one of those freezer units in a convenient store. You know...those open top ones, where they store frozen food or ice cream. Differences between Japan and USA right there. I support it.

So, I try to keep up with NOAH...even though I consider it to be the most difficult promotion to follow with the language barrier and lack of viewing options. In any case, I guess Cody Hall is teaming with this dude named Randy Reign, and they're in some sort of Tag League, which is happening in...(May?). Bram is also in that competition. Don't really know any of the Japanese wrestlers on the NOAH side of things...but I'm interested in how Cody has come along as a performer.

I have not kept up with NOAH in about a decade but it's where Hideo Itami came from. They had a working relationship with ROH during the Daniel Bryan/Kassius Ohno/Cesaro/Seth Rollins/AJ Styles/Samoa Joe days and Itami had an epic feud with Bryan.

Isn't NOAH where Suzuki-Gun came from, too?

No. They were originally from NJPW as Kojima-Gun. Then Suzuki took over and after a few years they were "banned" from NJPW and invaded Noah. Now they're back with additional forces.

I have not kept up with NOAH in about a decade but it's where Hideo Itami came from. They had a working relationship with ROH during the Daniel Bryan/Kassius Ohno/Cesaro/Seth Rollins/AJ Styles/Samoa Joe days and Itami had an epic feud with Bryan.

How did any of that help me in my current position? I never said that I knew nothing about the history of NOAH. I said that I try to keep up with the current version of NOAH, but don't know anybody. :lol:

Earlier today in Japan Kairi Hojo announced that she would be leaving the STARDOM promotion after winning the Artist of STARDOM alongside Konami and Hiromi Mimura from Queens Quest at Shinkiba today.

Kairi requested to team as Threedom one last time tomorrow in Japan. Io and Mayu agreed. They will face Kyona, Hiromi and HZK.

This will be her final match before reporting to WWE as she signed a three year contract with the company earlier this year.

Hojo, 28, got her start in wrestling training with Stardom in 2011, graduating STARDOMs third class of trainees, alongside Act Yasukawa, Natsumi Showzuki and Yuuri Haruka.

As one of STARDOMs headline acts Hojo has won Artist of Stardom Championship three times, Goddess of Stardom Championship three times, Wonder of Stardom Championship one time, World of Stardom Championship one time, and won the 5?Star GP tournament in 2015 as well as the Goddesses of Stardom Tag League in 2016.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/kairi-hojo-announces-she-is-leaving-stardom/

Nice! Can't wait to watch! :D

Earlier today in Japan Kairi Hojo announced that she would be leaving the STARDOM promotion after winning the Artist of STARDOM alongside Konami and Hiromi Mimura from Queens Quest at Shinkiba today.

Kairi requested to team as Threedom one last time tomorrow in Japan. Io and Mayu agreed. They will face Kyona, Hiromi and HZK.

This will be her final match before reporting to WWE as she signed a three year contract with the company earlier this year.

Hojo, 28, got her start in wrestling training with Stardom in 2011, graduating STARDOMs third class of trainees, alongside Act Yasukawa, Natsumi Showzuki and Yuuri Haruka.

As one of STARDOMs headline acts Hojo has won Artist of Stardom Championship three times, Goddess of Stardom Championship three times, Wonder of Stardom Championship one time, World of Stardom Championship one time, and won the 5?Star GP tournament in 2015 as well as the Goddesses of Stardom Tag League in 2016.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/kairi-hojo-announces-she-is-leaving-stardom/

Cool! :)

I guess they will keep her off tv until the tournament.

It was announced earlier today that Kairi Hojos final appearance at STARDOm in Japan would be on May 28th.

Kairi announced that she would be leaving STARDOM earlier this month and teamed with Io Shirai and Mayu Iwatani once last time.

This will be her final appearance before reporting to WWE as she signed a three year contract with the company earlier this year.

This would free her up in time to appear in WWEs Womens Tournament.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/kairi-hojos-final-stardom-show-announced/

Archived