The Puro General Discussion Thread

AssaultDriver720

The thread for the Puro promotions thats not New Japan.

Yoshinobu Kanemaru is back in NOAH so both Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Go Shiozaki are back.

Takashi Sugiura turn heel on NOAH and join Suzuki-gun.

Akebono is starting his own promotion.

Also you wanna know how to watch a certain promotion you have to PM me for the info.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just my opinion but I feel like calling the topic something like "The Puro General Discussion Thread" or something would be a lot better. The NJPW thread is pretty much always on the first page so most will post NJPW related stuff in that. Good idea for a topic though.

On topic discussion/question though - Anyone know the deal with Jun Kasai these days? Perhaps it's just me not following the Puro Deathmatch scene regularly anymore, but I always looked at Kasai as a BJW guy, but I looked it up recently and he hasn't wrestled there in quite a long time. Was there some kind of blow-up between him and management?

Just my opinion but I feel like calling the topic something like "The Puro General Discussion Thread" or something would be a lot better. The NJPW thread is pretty much always on the first page so most will post NJPW related stuff in that. Good idea for a topic though.

On topic discussion/question though - Anyone know the deal with Jun Kasai these days? Perhaps it's just me not following the Puro Deathmatch scene regularly anymore, but I always looked at Kasai as a BJW guy, but I looked it up recently and he hasn't wrestled there in quite a long time. Was there some kind of blow-up between him and management?

He wrestles in Freedom and also in Wrestle-1.

Yeah. Renaming the thread into "General Puro Thread" would probably be easier on the eye^^

I still don't get why Takashi Sugiura has joined Suzuki-gun. Makes no *censored*ing sense.

Because every invaded company needs a traitor. Although it's a weird time to do so, since Suzuki-Gun is only holding one title in Noah right now.

btw...what is the name of Akebono's promotion?

Yeah. Renaming the thread into "General Puro Thread" would probably be easier on the eye^^

I still don't get why Takashi Sugiura has joined Suzuki-gun. Makes no *censored*ing sense.

Because every invaded company needs a traitor. Although it's a weird time to do so, since Suzuki-Gun is only holding one title in Noah right now.

btw...what is the name of Akebono's promotion?

Its gonna called ?d? and has the backing of Ms. Baba and also i guess they have working agreements with All Japan.

Joshi should be included in this thread. I've noticed that in comparison to other sites, caws.ws sometimes has a borderline creepy obsession with their diva waifus. I want to help those poor guys realize just how terrible the divas actually are. I don't fully blame them, because joshi stuff can be hard to come by. This thread could be an opportunity for us to share matches and bring each other up to date on what's going on over there.

In my opinion, the best women's wrestler and one of the best wrestlers in the world in general is Meiko Satomura. On December 23, she lost the World of Stardom championship to Io Shirai. Here's some highlights in glorious 240p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0MbKG86NGA

Joshi should be included in this thread. I've noticed that in comparison to other sites, caws.ws sometimes has a borderline creepy obsession with their diva waifus. I want to help those poor guys realize just how terrible the divas actually are. I don't fully blame them, because joshi stuff can be hard to come by. This thread could be an opportunity for us to share matches and bring each other up to date on what's going on over there.

In my opinion, the best women's wrestler and one of the best wrestlers in the world in general is Meiko Satomura. On December 23, she lost the World of Stardom championship to Io Shirai. Here's some highlights in glorious 240p.

Really? As far as I can see other sides are even worse.

On December 23, she lost the World of Stardom championship to Io Shirai.

Not really your fault but *Censored* i still had to see that match. :lol:

My bad! Sometimes I forget there are people who have the means to follow this stuff really closely. I'm just so anxious to watch anything I can get my hands on that spoilers were never an issue for me when it comes to joshi. I just take whatever I can get. Something like Lucha Underground on the other hand, I have easy access to and watch religiously. So if anyone spoils that for me, there will be hell to pay.

Really? As far as I can see other sides are even worse.

Based on what I've seen, this site might be the worst for diva fanboys. I don't see people on other sites trying to argue that the Bella Twins are good wrestlers. There are also some oddballs that post in the video game sections that will get very upset if Eva Marie or Rosa Mendes or whoever isn't featured in the game.

WWE may sign Indie wrestling tag team duo Mikey Nicholls and Shane Haste when their Pro Wrestling NOAH contracts expire on December 31st.

The Australian duo, better known as “The Mighty Don’t Kneel” tag team, reportedly impressed WWE officials at a tryout this past summer but weren’t immediately offered contracts because of an injury to Nicholls, complications over visa paperwork approval and various medical testing that still had to be performed.

Now that their contracts with Pro Wrestling NOAH are coming to an end, there are new rumours that WWE are keen to add the TMDK pairing to their NXT brand.

Interestingly, the TMDK tag team also had a larger stable of wrestlers on the Indie scene and this could spark an idea in WWE putting together an Australian team for the NXT brand. Before Nicholls and Haste likely sign, NXT is already well represented with Aussies in Murphy, woman wrestlers Peyton Royce and Emma and developmental talent Jessie McKay.

In other news, Puroresu Sports (Via Lords Of Pain) are reporting that Takeshi Morishima may be training for a return to in-ring competition despite announcing his retirement from the ring back in April due to his health. His Pro Wrestling NOAH contract also expires on the last day of 2015.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-nxt.php

I remember rumors back in like, April that TMDK were WWE bound. Not sure if I believe it at this point tbh. If they had NOAH contracts, wouldn't that prevent them from trying out for WWE to begin with?

WWE and NOAH probably work out a deal of some sort to let them try out.

• 3 weeks later...

just finished 02/01 BJW - suuuper fun entire show! Big Japan on STRONG roll rn with the highlights listed below + okabayashi/kamitani matches, sanada returning looking and carrying himself like a star and Hama being used incredibly well...

BJW Death Match Heavyweight Title Fluorescent Light Tubes & Glass Board Death Match: Ryuji Ito © vs. Masato Inaba

MOTYC imo srs...pure emotion expressed via brutality; SICK finish also

Six Man Tag Team Match: Daisuke Sekimoto, Hideki Suzuki & Suwama vs. Twin Towers (Kohei Sato & Shuji Ishikawa) & Kazumi Kikuta

this is also rly good - crowd despises Suwama (his injury sucks because while his All Japan stuff is v boring imo, he could have had some real cache here in big japan with this kind of consistent heat =\) and loves anyone up against him, including Kikuta, who is so undersized compared to his opponents he comes across like a DG young boy.

It was announced at the SEAdLINNNG press conference today that the controversial Japanese female wrestler YOSHIKO would be returning to wrestling at the promotions March 7th event.

YOSHIKO made an appearance at SEAdLINNNGs last event in Japan, accompanying Nanae Takahashi backstage after her match against Masato Tanaka.

She will now be wrestling under the name Yokokorozashi.

YOSHIKO retired last year after brutally beating Act Yasukawa inside the ring at a STARDOM event. She was later black balled from wrestling after STARDOM suspended her from the promotion indefinetly.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/yoshiko-to-return-to-wrestling/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived